• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

aravuus

Yeah, loootta shit going on here. Good thing the actual battles seem to be relatively straight-forward, though, cause this seems like a perfect game to play on breaks at work.

The battle system is actually cool. I thought the 3D graphics in portrait mode would not work well, even more with the cutscenes, but it's actually pretty good. Some hangs but in general good performance on my Z5. Regarding data usage, apart from the update, it spent around 15-20mb in the tutorial.

Twookie

high resolution makes the game look so much better

it's weird that people with iphone 6's don't have a high resolution option, i have that on my iphone 5s

are you guys sure you are looking at the right place?

RS4-

All these menus and loading times before I even get to down the game. Oh didn't expect it to have some story while you're grabbing the file lol.

To be fair final fantasy just started being like that lol.

The ridiculous names, sure, but the menu design in these games have always been awful. Box and window layouts that are setup differently for every single menu, some scrolling vertically, some horizontally, some both. 8 was one of the worst by far for menu variation. I have no idea why they can't get a grip on UI fundamentals.

Razmos

The servers keep crapping out on me with error code 12. Not getting past the launch screen. Welp.
Yeah me neither. Been like this for over an hour now. Looks like other people are getting the same thing on reddit. It's probably server strain but it's annoying that some people are still playing lol

Koozek

Damn, misread the title and got excited thinking there was some lost Moebius FF game I never knew about.

AOM0056-57.jpg

Man, sometimes I phantasize about a FF with a design like this or something like Panzer Dragoon Saga. I have this knack for weird 70's Sci-Fi art and been following @70sscifiart on Twitter recently :D

Yeah me neither. Been like this for over an hour now. Looks like other people are getting the same thing on reddit. It's probably server strain but it's annoying that some people are still playing lol

That's not really that unusual for JRPGs tho. I mean, I'm not really defending it and don't care much for cluttered UI either but if you look at Yahoo Japan's homepage you're just kinda like "...oh"

Edit -

I'm on mobile and quoted the wrong post. And I'm too lazy to fix the quote. 😩

Yogg

I think I'll just stop here. I tried it, but:
  • the 3D argument does nothing to me (I'd actually have prefered a 2D, easier on the eye,
    and with no shaky battery-eating cam style)
  • we have 4 styles of gachas: 3*, 4*, Job, and Friends. That will be atrocious once rare stuff appears in both abilities and jobs
  • multiple things to upgrade through a bloated interface with unnecessarily complicated and tiered mechanics (I'm having a hard time figuring out which cards are the same because of all the flashing shit over them; I can't even see the icons in the fusion UI)
  • and a monthly bundle twice the price as the JP version, so they can milk the west the most possible before the game is forgotten

Not risking investing time and money in that. Really liked the music. That's it.

Meneses

Yeah, I don't think this is for me, either.

3D graphics actually detract from the usual FF charm. The gameplay didn't really grab me, and there's too many gachas / stuff to upgrade amidst super confusing and cluttered menus.

*game bombards you with information in the tutorial*
*gets past the tutorial and uses auto-battle for 30 minutes*
*uninstalls*

Well, that was just no fun at all

Golnei

I'm finding the menus kind of horribly cluttered as well, but at least the battle UI is intuitive enough. Might as well try and stick with it for a little bit,since the tutorial didn't manage to completely turn me off.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at this without immediately thinking of the fan backlash to the main guy's initially more revealing costume, but I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Thankfully, it did actually look a lot better after they fixed it. It's not like he only has the one outfit, either.

*game bombards you with information in the tutorial*
*gets past the tutorial and uses auto-battle for 30 minutes*
*uninstalls*

Well, that was just no fun at all
Did you have the battles set to "hard" by any chance? Just wondering if auto is just as easy on hard battles

Oh that's funny. I was on Google Play looking to grab Exvius because they were talking about it on Giant Bomb, wondered "Did that Infinity Blade-ish looking mobile FF ever come out?" and found it on the store thinking I must have missed it when it originally released. I didn't realize it just dropped today lol.

Quonny

I'm shocked at how much I'm enjoying this.

Just learned about Skillseed Fusion through trial and error and man, you can up your Skillseed XP by like 1000%.

So far everything takes so bloody long (if it is isn't the constant connecting screens) and even switching to hard (that apparently gives more EXP so probably shoots itself in the foot) isn't making it exactly challenging and my rank keeps dropping as well which is nice a positive feedback loop.

Yeah I know the other FF games have boring early games but their battles were at least fast.

Also magicite expiring after 14 days feels really stingy.

StarVigil

Kinda awkward that even "Blanks" have more personality than Lightning.
So far I enjoy it. Would like a breakdown of all the systems in place tho

ZangBa

I want to complain about how convoluted everything is like everyone else, but I haven't been able to connect since this morning. :C

Shouta

Kinda awkward that even "Blanks" have more personality than Lightning.
So far I enjoy it. Would like a breakdown of all the systems in place tho

Most of the systems aren't hard to grasp, it's just there's a lot of them at the same time. Which parts are you having trouble understanding?

Zomba13

Just finished the tutorial. I'm on a Nexus 4 so it's kinda old but the game runs fine, like, frame drops and such but not unplayable and it's super low res but yeah, I can't complain, it runs on the phone and is playable. Does everyone get Famfrit from the first pull in the tutorial? It seems a pretty strong card compared to the others you start with.

Hoped this might replace Brave Exvius for me as it got old pretty quick, but this unfortunately feels like it will probably be even more short lived.

Xiaoki

Aaaaaaand uninstalled.

There was more presentation than game.

Also, what little game was there was no different than any other phone game of the same type.

Synless

Assuming that the overall setup for the game remains the same, Magicite will actually be farmable to a degree. JP version has drops for them in dungeons. They're semi-rare but you can earn quite a bit as you progress. It's only 20 magicite per drop usually but it adds up after awhile.
How can I farm this magicite?

Shouta

How can I farm this magicite?

Just doing any battle yields a chance of a chest drop with 20 Magicite. as far as I know.

Also one of the cooler things the game does with its gatcha is that it allows you to buy special summon bundles using summon tickets. Many games often require you to use the currency you gather to get the summon bundles but not this game. They do have currency only bundles but it's usually a bunch of items and summon tickets for you to use.

3000 magicite is actually $19. For anyone who played the Japanese version, how much is 3000 magicite over there?

3000 Magicite = 3000 yen though it's technically 2300 + 700 bonus.

Quonny

3000 Magicite = 3000 yen though it's technically 2300 + 700 bonus.
This would lead me to believe that they rebalanced the premium economy for the west, not that they're necessarily gouging the west. Of course they could still be.

They sure do throw a lot of nonsense at you up front.

I'll give it another spin later on tonight, first impression is not very bright though.

Kettch

Game is doing a big download now, but I got to play for a while earlier. It seems decent enough, after I upped the resolution and difficulty. Really bad move having those set to low by default, if the incredible ugliness didn't scare people away, the easy auto-battles probably would.

I can certainly see it getting more interesting later on with these game systems as well.

On plus side, no need to reroll.
Current launch version doesn't have anything worth rerolling for.

Just doing any battle yields a chance of a chest drop with 20 Magicite. as far as I know.
As I can see, they removed drops from Global and added that 15 hr timer that yields 100 magicite every time.
That accumulated freebie magicite expires every 14 days though, which makes no sense. :/

Also, gift boxes are 2x prices than JP.

Why are localized mobages so freaking weird ?
Just go 1:1 you stupid devs...

Top Bottom