• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Little Witch Academia-11
HbAiZDd.jpg

Trigger milfs are the best.
This is still painfully slow but we might have an end-goal in sight now? It feels too much like the show is in a circling pattern where they keep teasing shit but they're taking their sweet time to getting to any sort of payoff. I feel like this episode might have been more effective earlier in the season so the season itself felt like there was a general direction to everything. Now I'm just wondering how long it's going to take Akko to learn the other five words.
I'm assuming this is a flash-forward where the town is on fire and the academy is in ruins which sounds really damn interesting right? There would be some serious change to the status quo. It just seems like though that this won't happen until episode 22 if ever. They need to get the ball rolling on something as I'm finding the lighthearted episodes to be too much as the episodes aren't creative enough either from a visual or writing standpoint to be sustainable for another cour+.
If Trigger isn't going to be able to nail the comedy then just get to the action.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT EPisode 15 - Battlefield!! First Stage (engDub)
C7aVCeqXgAAin6B.jpg:small

Lugal-Ure gets my pick for favorite card in this first of the Striders v Team New Nippon. The dinosaur deck was one of my favorite themes this season. Chrono touched on one of the interesting parts of the cardfighter but it seemed like they didnt dwell on it too long. The using the allies and opponent monsters to power him up could have been seen as cruel or something. Would have been interesting.

Shion losing yet again was lol. I wonder what his arc this season will be.

Line_HTX

I'm staring at the Re:Creators 3rd PV and I'm not sure what to make of it. "What if the characters have 'intentions?'" Like what, if they come out of whatever medium they came from then they'll have their own free will?

This doesn't look like that type of anime, but it definitely is Sawano music and OP through and through. OST could be fun, but I doubt it would top Thunderbolt Fantasy, lol

The staff looks incredible already. This is what Rei Hiroe was up to lately, huh.

KraytarJ

NGNL is the only anime that creeped me out enough with fanservice to force me to bail out, which I didn't think was possible so that's pretty impressive I suppose.

duckroll

I'm staring at the Re:Creators 3rd PV and I'm not sure what to make of it. "What if the characters have 'intentions?'" Like what, if they come out of whatever medium they came from then they'll have their own free will?

It's about a bunch of fictional anime, LN, manga, videogames, etc where the characters break out of their worlds.

Defuser

Do you guys think the animators for fanservicey shows cry themselves to sleep at night while cutting themselves?
They're crying in joy on pouring life and hometowns into it. And the only thing they will ever cut is the budget of other scenes that is not fanservice. Priorities man.

Answer, don't look if you ever want to watch and be surprised. It's worth a watch, imo.

yes there is a "scene"

BTW, does anyone know if the "true ending" has been released in English?

If you're talking about the VN, no.

It has been somewhat translated though.

Spoilers:
Setsuna and Haruki are in university and haven't talked to each other since the finale. Haruki and Setsuna reunite with Touma after 5 years. Setsuna makes peace with Touma. Haruki ends up with Touma.

EDIT: There is a fan translation though.

Also I just fixed the names :p

kewlmyc

Yeah, that's about in line with Tsugumomo. Damn shame the anime will never be able to properly show off how good the art is in the manga. It's Berserk all over again.

Do you guys think the animators for fanservicey shows cry themselves to sleep at night while cutting themselves?

I don't think you understand Japanese animators. A lot of new blood got into the industry to draw stuff like that.

Finished up No Game No Life. It was solid overall. And of the straight forward "trapped in another world" anime, it's definitely the series that I think had the best actual world building. I liked that rather than go for straight combat, each "challenge" was based on different types of games and they all were rather creative.

I do have two major complaints though, the first being the excess of fanserivce and the second being Shiro always being one step ahead of everyone when it came to these games.

I'd watch a second season if it gets made though.

Cyanity

Banned
Still trucking through Konosuba, and still enjoying the s**t out of it. That fanservice, though. Really wish Japan could get over it.

Finished up No Game No Life. It was solid overall. And of the straight forward "trapped in another world" anime, it's definitely the series that I think had the best actual world building. I liked that rather than go for straight combat, each "challenge" was based on different types of games and they all were rather creative.

I do have two major complaints though, the first being the excess of fanserivce and the second being Shiro always being one step ahead of everyone when it came to these games.

I'd watch a second season if it gets made though.

I mean, half the fun was seeing how they were gonna pull out wins. I don't watch NGNL to see them go through adversity and come out the underdogs, I watch it to see [Blank] play 8th dimensional chess.

I have a few ideas for a OT title

Spring 2017 |OT| Never fear! For Spring is here!

Spring 2017 |OT| BONES S2 saving anime.

Spring 2017 |OT| Colossal heroes.

No. These aren't inspired by MHA.

Paltheos

What makes Touch worth are the first 26 episodes, which are a masterpiece. For the rest I am sure Cross Game is the better series.

Yeah, that's what I mean when I say Cross Game's a more balanced experience. There are really no severe dips in quality in the show. Maybe there are some periods of slow pacing? I don't remember. It's tough to say because I watched while it was airing and was always excited for next week's episode.

Touch is kinda all over the place. Season 1 is definitely the best stuff Adachi's done and probably the reason Touch became a megahit. The character dynamic is brilliantly realized, yeah! Season 2 doesn't have that same magic but is still p. good - There's some nice juxtaposition with some of the music (and other stuff) that I'm not sure whether or not is all intentional but works really well. Seasons 3 and 4 are bogged down by that awful coach subplot. 4 edges out 3 if just because shit finally ends but the runtime for this show should have and could have been cut by a full season.

Cornbread78

it's smut.
and not in the sense that it is very ecchi, in the sense that it is full blown smut. (at least from what I hear, and the trailer for it sure seemed that way)

should be interesting to see how it is adapted in 5 minute chunks for TV lol.

Smut huh? Dammit. Was kind of hoping it was a subdued romance, but alas, "anime" romance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom