• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM3 Rumor: Spark Unlimited could be working on Next Onimusha game

sublimit

Banned
There's also a scan from the magazine in the link
http://thesilentchief.com/2012/09/2...anchise-over-to-the-lost-planet-3-developers/

Spark Unlimited may be keeping busy these days with the 2013 release of Lost Planet 3 ( PS3, 360, PC ) and the recently announced action game Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z ( to be published by Tecmo Koei ), but could the California based studio have another project up its sleeves?

According to the latest rumor provided in the November issue of PSM3, Capcom may have asked Spark Unlimited to revive and reboot an unnamed adventure series. The publication is speculating that the game in question may just be Onimusha.

While this unconfirmed report is just that; unconfirmed, Capcom has recently expressed interest in the return of the franchise.

Back in 2010, Capcom’s vice president of strategic planning & business development, Christian Svensson, did leave the door wide open for the future of the series.

“…It [Onimusha] is not forgotten internally, there are discussions that go on, but I don’t think anyone has sort has come up with the ‘that’s it’ idea of how to get the game back up to 3 or 4 million units.” Svensson told IGN at the time. “You may see some things of the brand pop up in the future, I can’t say what, but there are certainly discussions about it.”

Do not want if true.

Capcom and friends giving Spark a lot of work here now. They must feel comfortable with them to deliver games to a Western Audience

Defuser

AJsoI.jpg

Explain to me how this company get projects like Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z, Lost Planet 3 and maybe Onimusha. I never played any game from them but the only thing I read here is that they are shit.

rvy

Banned
Shoot my face now, please. I can't take it anymore. Fucking Infaune and his ridiculous decision to push outsourcing.

Detox

I guess the president of spark just goes round to insecure Japanese publishers and tells them they'll make them a western game, smart guy.

antitrop

Do these guys work for minimum wage or something?
Ya, seriously. How did they go from Legendary: The Box published by Gamecock to being the studio that all the japanese devs want to reboot their franchises.

Am I missing something here? Spark Unlimited have never fucking done anything. Who are they? They're nobody. Why does their name keep coming up?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
OH HAI GUISE

Ive been asking for a new onimusha for five years, and this is how you treat me capcom?

Go jump of a cliff while being doused in gasoline, i will light the fire at the bottom.

antitrop

OH HAI GUISE

Ive been asking for a new onimusha for five years, and this is how you treat me capcom?

Go jump of a cliff while being doused in gasoline, i will light the fire at the bottom.
What, man? You didn't like Legendary: The Box? You don't think Spark Unlimited will do this franchise justice?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Isn't there a good chance that this is the GAF speculation of that un-named project title was Onimusha but turned out to be Yaiba, but they've instead slotted it in as a 3rd project by them?

Accountability seems to have nothing to do with these guys getting work anyway it seems, since everything theyve made has been universally panned. Heres another prestigious franchise to shit on, thanks!!!!

bluemax

Banned
In Sparks defense a lot of the people who work on the Pandora game have been gone for years.

Spark has been on a huge hiring spree the past few years and have probably snatched up most of the LA talent that didn't either move or move into Social/Mobile.

I don't think you guys realize how many game studios got shut down in the LA area the past few years. Spark is practically the only non publisher owned shop left in town.

rvy

Banned
Ya, seriously. How did they go from Legendary: The Box published by Gamecock to being the studio that all the japanese devs want to reboot their franchises.

Am I missing something here? Spark Unlimited have never fucking done anything. Who are they? They're nobody. Why does their name keep coming up?

They're probably cheap and can shit out games at a fast rate. Capcpom isn't interested in quality these days.

antitrop

In Sparks defense a lot of the people who work on the Pandora game have been gone for years.

Spark has been on a huge hiring spree the past few years and have probably snatched up most of the LA talent that didn't either move or move into Social/Mobile.

I don't think you guys realize how many game studios got shut down in the LA area the past few years. Spark is practically the only non publisher owned shop left in town.
Alright, I can buy this.

sublimit

Banned
Svensson said that Capcom wants a potential new Onimusha game to sell around 3-4 million units...so the rumor can't be true...

...i hope. :(

Khezu

Capcom should have given Ninja Theory Onimusha over DMC.

Its a perfect fit, pretty game with no substance, they would of knocked it out of the park.

bluemax

Banned
Alright, I can buy this.

I mean if you have to choose between Spark and their 200 plus people or whatever is left of Kung Fu factory, Heavy Iron or Naked Sky who are you gonna take?

The past 4 years killed off almost every work for hire studio in the area. It's slim pickings.

sublimit

Banned
Capcpom isn't interested in quality these days.

Yet they want Onimusha to sell 4 million copies...i don't think the brand name is big enough to carry a shitty product and achieve these goals.They can get away with Residen Evil being shitty and still sell but Onimusha is not nearly as big.

antitrop

Yet they want Onimusha to sell 4 million copies...i don't think the brand name is big enough to carry a shitty product and achieve these goals.They can get away with Residen Evil being shitty and still sell but Onimusha is not nearly as big.
Onimusha 3 was one of my favorite games of the last generation, came out right at the end and it was pretty awesome.

They let the series stagnate since then for no reason, I would love to see it come back.

Anteater

Anything could happen, that Sniper: Ghost Warrior game sold two million copies, and I don't even know what that is.

sublimit

Banned
Onimusha 3 was one of my favorite games of the last generation, came out right at the end and it was pretty awesome.

They let the series stagnate since then for no reason, I would love to see it come back.

I know i'm in the minority but i LOVED Dawn of Dreams too.

Top Bottom