• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Blues1990

I honestly don't know how to combat against those who are wielding the slosher weapon. I can't attack them with chasers, as they can out maneuver them. I can't hit them with my main weapon, as I'll get rained with ink. And if I try to out maneuver them, they will obstruct my path with ink.

I know I should try to figure out how to outflank them, but I'm stumped.

ryechu

I honestly don't know how to combat against those who are wielding the slosher weapon. I can't attack them with chasers, as they can out maneuver them. I can't hit them with my main weapon, as I'll get rained with ink. And if I try to out maneuver them, they will obstruct my path with ink.

I know I should try to figure out how to outflank them, but I'm stumped.

are you using an aerospray?

ryechu

Yeah, the silver variant. So far, the only thing that has worked is getting in close, but I will usually get splattered across the wall from another opposing teammate.

your weapon is one of the worst shooters in terms of offensive power. You need to rely on ur inkzooka. or mobility. take sides paths.

Azure J

So yeah, trying again here just in case. If you're reading this Sloth, could you play a game with me while wearing your Krak On Red Ink Resist shoes please? I know you have the triple swim speed ups I'm looking for.

I have, but they aren't the most reliable tool. Most of the time, they will just duck in their ink and the seeker will loose track and will hit a wall.

What's your Nintendo ID?

AzureJay89

Cool. Now I just have to wait for someone to join so I can :/

Wait, you aren't on my list? :(

jnWake

New version of Moray Towers was so fun in Splatzones. I could even destroy teams using the Carbon Roller!

I'm not sure how I feel about the new Underpass. Those stupid trees made my Inkzooka a lot less useful.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hqkfr.jpg

Feeling fresh

ryechu

So yeah, trying again here just in case. If you're reading this Sloth, could you play a game with me while wearing your Krak On Red Ink Resist shoes please? I know you have the triple swim speed ups I'm looking for.

AzureJay89

Wait, you aren't on my list? :(

gotta be quicker my friend

I thought I was so much better about quick shots.

I now feel thoroughly humbled.

Ryechu is one of those players who can make twitch shots pretty easily. It's always fun to challenge him because of that.

I have, but they aren't the most reliable tool. Most of the time, they will just duck in their ink and the seeker will loose track and will hit a wall.

What's your Nintendo ID?

I was not even aware that seekers can lose track. Goes to show you how often I use them. The alternative is that you toss a seeker from one side and flank with another side with your weapon.

Anyone up for some friendly matches? I just got the game after renting it a few months back, and would like to get the hang of it.
Sorry, missed this earlier. I think if you jump into Gaf games and rough it out, you'll catch on pretty quick. Just look for anyone here that's active and ask them for their NNID or see if their NNID is already in the spreadsheet.

Okay, I'll try to use my inkzooka when I can. Is there a decent replacement weapon that can cover as much ground, but has a bit more fire power?

Okay, I have just added you.
Splash-o-Matic and Neo Splash-o-Matic are pretty good at coverage, have less deviation on their shots, and are more flexible than Aerosprays in combat. Those might be of interest to you.

The sad part is I think I have the aim, but he has speed like no other.

Which scope is he using? Both Splatterscope and E-Scope require different approaches. The thing is that Ryechu looks to be a mobile OHKO machine. Use that to your advantage on smaller maps.

Damn, I'm sorry for using Aerospray. My girlfriend's cousin was using my account this morning, and I jumped right into Private Battle without checking my gear.

I should be posting in |OT4| "the connection is unstable" instead...(yes I won't shut up about this :( )

Spyke had the Squid Girl tunic I ordered. Sadly, Spyke found one with subs unlocked...which I really don't want and can't afford.

Nico_D

GGs! That was grrrrrrrreat! :) I had to keep changing my weapons and equips though :p

Now to go level up my gear :D

Nice playing, it went swimmingly.

I must admit, I'm hell of a lot better in Tower Control than I am in Splatzones.

Those two quick wins were nice, we had good team play.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

GG to you, Ryechu and Robotguy. Went 6-0 IIRC and we played a few clans who probably came in with planned strategies.

I've been using different weapons the last few days but I think I've accepted that I'm a Roller. I usually play support roles in FPS/Shooters and I do a good job at it.

I could use a Splattershot or a Splatling but it takes me out of my usual grove. Let me play my support role and cover the map and then I'll help team one way or another whether on offense of defense. And a great defense is the best offense. I catch Chargers and other weapon classes off guard when I'm rushing them.

But two rollers on the same team? It can't and won't work against good team.

We're a 4 man band and the roller is the drummer. You can't have two drummers.

I should be posting in |OT4| "the connection is unstable" instead...(yes I won't shut up about this :( )

Spyke had the Squid Girl tunic I ordered. Sadly, Spyke found one with subs unlocked...which I really don't want and can't afford.
Maybe try deleting the patch and reinstalling it? If that doesn't work... do you have a friend that you could try taking the Wii U to and see if the problem is how the Wii U deals with your connection at home? The rest of us are able to play and using the same software that you are, so it might be helpful to see what factors can be isolated.

Adding myself to the Google Doc now.

If anyone would be willing to add me, my NNID is ranroona114. Just include your GAF username in the request of you do.

I'm slowly working my way up the ranks!

aeolustl

finally have time to play again!
Like the new changes so far
feel free add me, NNID: aeolustl

Please add me T-T
Still stuck at B- :/

Ansatz

I played like 15 ranked matches today, a mix of both ranked modes and I got to use the inkzooka maybe twice. I've also lost my confidence since I rarely get to pop it, I feel like I have to make it count when I finally get a chance to use it and that makes me nervous so I choked.

Yeah I can drop swim speed for special charge up, but then I won't be first in the rush to mid which is crucial considering I use a medium range weapon. Yes I can stand somewhere safe and ink but then the other team can 4v3 the middle area and then I'm standing there like an idiot, I have to aid my team by taking duels that's non negotiable. Essentially the tentatek has no special.

Watching someone S+ ranked and he got +1 with a win...

I'm at S and get 1-3 points for winning usually, and loose 5 upon loss. It's insane. I won 3 matches in a row and that netted me 5 points, lost them in the following match. They did say they wanted it to make it harder to remain at S rank. You need ridiculous RNG to get all the way up to S+ 99.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I played like 15 ranked matches today, a mix of both ranked modes and I got to use the inkzooka maybe twice. I've also lost my confidence since I rarely get to pop it, I feel like I have to make it count when I finally get a chance to use it and that makes me nervous so I choked.

Yeah I can drop swim speed for special charge up, but then I won't be first in the rush to mid which is crucial considering I use a medium range weapon. Yes I can stand somewhere safe and ink but then the other team can 4v3 the middle area and then I'm standing there like an idiot, I have to aid my team by taking duels that's non negotiable. Essentially the tentatek has no special.
Correction, it has no special in your hands.

69wpm

How the hell can you loose a match with 2 s rank people on your team. Seriously. Nobody rode the stupid tower except me.

Ansatz

Correction, it has no special in your hands.

I'd love to hear your experience with the tentatek against S players, in the regular matchmaking mode not premade teams. Maybe you can share a few gameplay tips that enables me to be effective as a teammate while also increasing the frequency of inkzookas.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sure you can. Radiohead, The King of Limbs, live.

Touché.

Sure it can sound good, like Radiohead, but are we going to sell records?

Meaning, are we going to win?

I played some squad matches with another roller on my team and it just wasn't working out. It takes the Roller out of his groove, IMO.

The best team is one roller/brush (preferably roller), two assault and one surgical charger.

Me, you, Triforce and Robotguy were 6-0 against some clans/squads that had strategies ready to go. They already had their clan tags ready to go. But we had our classes, map knowledge and skill to counter. We were playing against A+, S teams and we still won.

Celine

Tried for the first time ranked last night (tower control) despite owning the game from the beginning.
I'm C now.
What I've noted is that there is quite a few people who do not understand how to play the damn mode (like they don't try to jump over the tower or be around it to give support).
Sometime it is very frustrating with randoms.

daakusedo

Actually, today on tower control, I was a viable sniper.
Few deaths and often none, top spot or second place on the team, and lot of splat.
It's like the second time I play this mode, but on the mine and and station, I found annoying spots for the opposing team, particularly on the station and there's nothing they could really do.
It also helps that I aimed better than yesterday.
I'll have to try these improvements on splatzones to be really sure about me.

Also one of the most unexpected victory, the other team is at 14, we get the tower on the last 10 seconds, frankly I don't believe, two seconds left, 15, 14, 13!
Mind blown.

Top Bottom