• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks japanese news thread

Bo130

Slow news these couple of weeks from Famitsu? Usually the thread is 2-3 pages by now.

GameFront just put up the reviews from this week, nothing really interesting, Gundam and Jungle Climber.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber (NDS, Nintendo): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Machi no Pet-Ya-San DS (NDS, E-Frontier): 5 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (22/40)
Simple 1500 Series Vol. 20: The Senkan (NDS, D3): 6 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (23/40)
SD Gundam G Generation: Cross Drive (NDS, Bandai Namco): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Wild ARMs: Crossfire (PSP, Sony): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 119: The Survival Game 2 (PS2, D3): 5 / 4 / 5 / 4 - (18/40)

Some release dates:

Gundam Battle Chronicle PSP - 4th October (new?)
PGR 4 - 11 October
Beautiful Katamari - 18 October
FFTA2 - 25 October
God of War II - 25 October
Novemeber - Medal of Honor Airborne (looks like X360, PS3 later), Harry Potter...

The M.O.B

This
th_56703_Kunio_Kun_DS-1_122_1147lo.jpg

is the sequel to Super Dodge Ball Advance?right?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Quellex said:
Really? 4vs4? Wi-Fi or Local?

Local single cart

Battle mode is free for all (Kakuto Densetsu style I hope)

Match mode seems like 1 on 1, but there aren't explicit details about that aspect of multiplayer.

Developed by everyone's favorite, Arc system works.

Edit: It appears you can go as far as to make your own team.

khan

Can someone plz tell me the release date for DK Jungle Climber in Japan/USA/EUR?

Loved the first one.

Olaeh

sp0rsk said:
Again, there is no Wi-Fi.

Damn, where did I get that? I blame the late SmashBros update for keeping me up- could've sworn I read someone say it was in lol. I need some sleep.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Control a helicopter and do stuff like picking up cans...

Another game by Arc System works, developed by Sonic Powered

SumGamer

Who is doing the Kunio Dodgeball game? Wasn't the original from Tecmo?

Kay, just check it's actually Technos. Who bought them though? Heard they went bankrupt sometime ago.

mutsu

Wow, they brought back the "After school" mode from the original on NES! Bring it on! Can't wait for this game!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SumGamer said:
Who is doing the Kunio Dodgeball game? Wasn't the original from Tecmo?

Kay, just check it's actually Technos. Who bought them though? Heard they went bankrupt sometime ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technos_Japan_Corporation
Meanwhile, Kunio Taki started work at Million, a Japan shop net. A few years after the Technos bankruptcy, the company's assets were acquired by "Million Corp.", a company founded by Kunio Taki and former staff members of Technos. They have recently developed enhanced remakes of games from the defunct company, the first being 2001's Super Dodgeball Advance for Game Boy Advance, based on Super Dodge Ball. The games by Million Corporation are published by Atlus Games, Inc.
Hopefully Atlus will bring this over as well.

Mmm, Gundam Battle Chronicle PSP looks like it was unveiled in this issue (so 2-4 page scans?):
http://gmstar.com/psp/gundambattlechro.html

I can't translate the new gundams included but there seems to be 1.5 times more stages than the previous game, with space and underwater stages too.

God of War II is brought by Capcom, sometimes I think SCEJ doesn't really learn...
Looks like more gundams unveiled for ACE3 too...

And it doesn't look like there is much more in this issue...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Good god, the DS ruination is brutal. It`s just...oh god...it`s hard to watch.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ZOMG SUPER DODGE BALL

I SUPPOSE I WONT SEND YOU TO THE CORONER JUST YET, JAPANESE GAME INDUSTRY

Top Bottom