• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: NX to make Foxconn Technology Co., Ltd. operations hot in 2016 second half

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update: This is merely investor speculation.

Disclaimer: The language barrier here is great, so it will likely take some time before we have a clear picture of this.

Some reports regarding the Q1 earnings of Foxconn Technology Co., Ltd (2354 with Taiwan Stock Exchange) have started to emerge from Taiwan. Yahoo has reported on it for example. But they also linked to another stock site, MoneyDJ, that has a report on this mentioning Nintendo NX. We knew from before that both Foxconn (2317, TSE) and Foxconn Technology (2354, TSE) were involved with the NX, but it's always good with another source. Anyway, here is an Engrish translation of the article, hopefully someone fluent in Chinese can provide a better one:

Better translation

Thanks to Jim_Cacher

First paragraph:

As iPhone's inventory still remains, investors believe Foxconn Technology's consolidated revenue for Q1 will decline compared with that of Q4 last year. However, with rising demand for new products like 4'' iPhone, Chinese smartphones and NB, Foxconn's consolidated revenue for Q2 is expected to stabilize. In the second half of the year, with the roll out of iPhone 7 and Nintendo's new console NX, operating revenue will rise.

Fifth paragraph:

With the roll out of iPhone 7 and Nintendo NX, investors believe Foxconn's operation will focus on the second half of this year. It is expected that operation momentum (營運動能) for the company in second half of the year will obviously increase compared with that of the first half.

Original translation:

Hong quasi Q1 operating estimates for the bottom in the second half of the season still can

MoneyDJ News 2016-03-04 10:01:10 Reporter Zheng Ying Chih report

Given the iPhone has yet to melt stock, legal view, Hong quasi (2354) Q1 consolidated revenue will decline significantly over last Q4, but with the new four-inch iPhone, land line phone and NB have new needs emerge, Hong quasi-Q2 consolidated revenue is expected to stabilize, while the second half will be with the iPhone 7, Nintendo's new machine Nintendo NX Release, operating trend will turn hot.

Hong quasi-manufacturing giant metal chassis, the chassis is also a major supplier of iPhone, as iPad, Macbook series also have a certain permeability; quasi-hung cabinet because it is Apple's largest supplier of its operating trend also connected with their customers greater resistance.

Hong quasi sluggish sales by the iPhone 6s effects only last year Q4 Q3 consolidated revenue equivalent to the kinetic energy of operations lower than expected, and by the year Q1 iPhone sales forecast to go short influence legal thought, hung quasi-operation of the kinetic energy is not strong Q1 estimated hung quasi Q1 consolidated revenue in the quarter by 2 percent rate would be up and down.

Looking Q2, legal believes, in view of the quasi-hung is still the iPhone casing main supplier to benefit from the new 4-inch iPhone launch, plus land-based mobile phones, NB, etc. inject new, hung quasi Q2 consolidated revenue given the opportunity to stop stable, and is expected to moderate small increase compared with Q1.

And in response to iPhone 7, Nintendo NX launch legal view, Hong quasi-main event will still operating on the second half of this year, the company is expected to operate in the second half than the first half motion can significantly strengthened.

Watch Hung quasi-kinetic operations this year, legal view, mainly to see the metal housing demand, and hung on the iPhone quasi permeability changes, although frequently heard noise, but that the legal entity, with its quasi-hung technology, and long-term cooperation with Apple's tacit , hung quasi iPhone will remain a main supplier; and a metal cabinet with NB penetration rate increase, this year in Hong quasi NB market has seen growth opportunities, this year is expected to increase land-based mobile phone customers, but their hair changes in interest rates will have to be observed.

Hongzhun 2015 consolidated revenue was 100.027 billion yuan, the annual increase 19.55%; 2015 third quarter EPS of 6.3 yuan, corporate estimated 2015 EPS to be in the 8 to 9-membered; Hongzhun January consolidated revenue 6.556 billion yuan, increasing 5.01% monthly, annual reduction of 34.13%.
Source: http://www.moneydj.com/KMDJ/News/Ne...7c8-5898-451d-b989-67dfdf3603ae#ixzz41tzDoDZC

This information is apparently from an investor briefing held by Foxconn (as far as I can tell by this), but I have yet to find a webcast of this (or an earnings release) on their IR webpage. So I cannot say for sure the details about NX comes directly from Foxconn or if it is the reporter drawing information from earlier articles on other sites (DigiTimes etc.). But as operating trends are mentioned, it seems like the former. But take it with a grain of salt until better translation can be provided.

Foxconn Technology Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Foxconn Electronics/Hon Hai Precision, offers a wide range of product or services, you can take a look at them here. They're known for making many Apple products. Exactly what they will supply for NX is currently unknown.

Not much really, but there you have it.

Ogodei

Sounds like holiday 2016 is almost completely off the table.

2017 it is.

Nintendo would be mad to do it unless they ran into production difficulties, a 2016 holiday even worse than 2015, despite new Pokemon, the hardware's just not going anywhere anymore.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Sounds like holiday 2016 is almost completely off the table.

2017 it is.

Judging by the Nintendo Direct yesterday it looks like Nintendo has a bunch of Wii U games up their sleeve for the remainder of 2016, so I think they could feasibly go one more holiday with the Wii U and make it a full 5-year console lifespan per the usual.

2017 is where things will likely start to get more and more barren in the leadup to the NX launch late in the year.

Judging by the Nintendo Direct yesterday it looks like Nintendo has a bunch of Wii U games up their sleeve for the remainder of 2016, so I think they could feasibly go one more holiday with the Wii U and make it a full 5-year console lifespan per the usual.

2017 is where things will likely start to get more and more barren in the leadup to the NX launch late in the year.

Uhhhhh

What?

No way Nintendo has enough in the pipe to have the Wii U last until Fall 2017 for a full 5 year.

There lines confirms the console will be released on holidays. If the console enters production at summer it will be ready at November/December. Like the iPhone 7 can enter production at June for example. Second half...

Can you link me to the awesome direct you watched?

FZZ

Banned
Wouldn't this indicate that we'll get at least one NX device this year?

Yes it would.

Unless everyone thinks we aren't getting iPhone 7 until next year either lol. Especially since iPhone production will dwarf NX's by the millions.

georly

We basically only know about star fox, paper mario, and zelda. What else is the wii u gonna have? You're expecting wii u bombs being dropped at E3?

I'm totally ready for NX, bring it on. I hope it's as big as nintendo is hoping.

L Thammy

Uhhhhh

What?

Star Fox Zero
Mario and Sonic Olympic Minigame Shit 2016
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Lost Reavers
Pokken Tournament
Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenge
Paper Mario Sticker Star 2

I think those are the ones covered? I guess that's what they're talking about.

ironcreed

Banned

It looks like they have a bunch of padded out titles, while the major projects are on NX. No way are they riding Wii U and 3DS until next year sometime. If they are, then I wish them luck.

Neoxon

If Trev's source was on the money (which is looking to be the case), we already know about the last of the Wii U's games. And judging by the 3DS line-up, it's mostly either games based on pre-existing engines or late localizations coming form Nintendo themselves (with one or two exceptions). Their focus has clearly shifted to the NX Platform. But in the case of the 3DS, it's at least easier for Nintendo to pad out the release schedule with lower-budget games based on engines they already used (Ex: the new Kirby games based on the Triple Deluxe engine) & whatever they have yet to localize (Ex: Rhythm Heaven Megamix).

MrV4ltor

The only thing they still have up their sleeve for Wii U is Mother 3.

Star Fox Zero
Mario and Sonic Olympic Minigame Shit 2016
Shin Megami Elbem X Fire Emblem
Lost Reavers
Pokken Tournament
Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenge

I think those are the ones covered? I guess that's what they're talking about.

Outside of Paper Mario and Zelda, those will all be out by June.

The fact that TP HD, Pokken, Star Fox, Mario and Sonic, and SMT x FE are all launching by early summer is pretty good proof that the Wii U is about done. Nintendo isn't even trying to spread stuff out at this point. The past three years for the platform have been barren during the first half of the year, save for a couple games.

NX is happening this fall. We'll get Paper Mario and Zelda during the second half of 2016 for Wii U and that's it.

:lol

Lime

Will they also be completely care-free and deliberately ignorant of conflict minerals in their machine like they've been in the past, and are they making sure that Foxconn treats its employees properly?

NateDrake

That's all I remember in 2006/2007 but I was also like 14 so I was probably on some stupid website feeding me bullshit. If I was wrong then just ignore me. 10 years was a long time ago.

The Wii shortage wasn't created by Nintendo. I worked retail during the Wii craze, and we couldn't keep stock of the system. People would wait for UPS to deliver the system for hrs while standing in my GameStop store. If we got 20 Wii in on a day, we sold 20 within the hr they arrived. Every day we had calls asking for Wii and when stock would arrive. People would check the shipping reference on the boxes as the UPS guy carried them in the store. It was madness.

s571VMI.jpg

what kind of jokes

Ansatz

NX experts claim console will release in both 2016 and 2017
Nintendo presents brand new Schrödinger Box

Thisisneogaf.gif

Handheld in 2016
Console in 2017

Or the other way around. But this makes the most sense to me given Japan is the most crucial region for them and waiting too long is a risk. Many of Nintendo's teams should also have games closed to finished by now going by dev cycles.

Neoxon

Handheld in 2016
Console in 2017

Or the other way around. But this makes the most sense to me given Japan is the most crucial region for them and waiting too long is a risk. Many of Nintendo's teams should also have games closed to finished by now going by dev cycles.
Given the leaks we got from Trev (namely Zelda U's cross-gen release & the Wii U's line-up being barren), the NX Console likely will be out the door first.....at least in North America.

Top Bottom