• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weezer album - Pacific Daydream out 10/27

FrsDvl

"Almost" full tracklist has been revealed, except for track 9. New single this Thursday, which will be Beach Boys.

Zeshile

I went through about 5 different emotions listening to that. Not a huge fan right now but I'm sure once I've heard it in the context of the album I'll change my mind.

Bridges

For as pop as it is, I've grown to really like "Feels Like Summer" but man, these last two singles are just not doing it at all from me. I agree that everything so far sounds overproduced, but that's been a problem for them before.

When's Fountains of Wayne gonna release new music

Weezer has been trash for ages but when they toured The Blue Album in full in 2013 was amazings

I really dig the song, idk what you guys are taking about
The acoustic version (best version) of Feels Like Summer is really good too
Mexican Fender on the other hand

Do yourselves a favour and listen to this GOAT of an album instead of the phoned in trash from Weezer

220px-Utopia_parkway_cover.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-aypharQ64&list=RDl-aypharQ64

Tamanon

Banned
Not a fan of the new song, and I really like Mexican Fender, and even Feels like Summer.

But, there's always one or two songs I hate on a Weezer album.

Not feeling the new stuff at all, though I think everything since Make Believe has been absolute diarrhoea so probably best to just not care about Weezer any more.

There's a bit less "cautious" in my cautious optimism each time Weezer does a new album now. I've only listened to two of the songs coming from this album, but I like them.

Zeshile

I actually really liked this one. Probably the best first impression of any of the songs so far.

If anyone is on the fence about these, listen to the first three in the order they appear on the album. They actually go together quite nicely and put to rest some of my fears about this direction.

Cmagus

Weekend Woman is alright, definitely the best single so far. I don't know what I think of this album so far though I mean Beach Boys was alright but the other singles were pretty disappointing. I mean it's safe to say this is gonna be a "summer" themed album at this point.

Hesh

I'm conflicted about the new song. It's not a bad song, and I can see it growing on me, but it doesn't sound like "Weezer" to me, but more like a collab between Rivers and some other band/artist, if that makes any sense.

FrsDvl

New single Happy Hour is up on Google Music, should be up everywhere else shortly.

It's horrible. Worse than feels like summer..

Tamanon

Banned
I'm actually alright with Happy Hour, it's definitely a pop song though. Could even see a dance mix of it.

Guess this is their pop album.

Zeshile

Not feeling happy hour at all. Maybe if I was in a different mood it would be okay, but right now it's pretty bad.

Happy Hour is the kind of song that's playing when you're trying on jeans in an Old Navy fitting room and the tags are scraping against your hip.

I've liked a couple of the songs but I'm really not feeling optimistic about the album.

Tamanon

Banned
Happy Hour is the kind of song that's playing when you're trying on jeans in an Old Navy fitting room and the tags are scraping against your hip.

I've liked a couple of the songs but I'm really not feeling optimistic about the album.

That's a funny comparison, because I actually heard Feels Like Summer in an Old Navy a couple months ago. Was a bit shocked, but it made sense, lol.

Billboard interview.

”We're not trying to re-create the 20th-century recording experience," adds Cuomo, referring to the band-in-a-room studio approach the group took on 2016's Weezer (colloquially known as the ”White Album") at producer Jake Sinclair's behest. While that LP was nominated for a best rock album Grammy in February, Cuomo wasn't satisfied with the music itself, which he thinks ”sounded like 1994 all over again."

Being a Weezer fan is an amazing and frustrating journey. :lol

(I don't want them to just redo the 90s, but I thought White was a good example of them finding middle ground between their roots and modern stuff.)

Tamanon

Banned
Happy Hour sounds pretty good live actually. Adds some more guitar in there. Watched them play on Facebook Live.

LOL at Rivers not liking White Album, their best album in many years, IMO. Oh well, let them experiment. :)

Top Bottom