• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug 6 Added to Metal Slug Anthology (Wii, PSP)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Wall, New Jersey Sep 22, 2006 SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced today that they will add the latest game in the series, METAL SLUG 6, to METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY for the Wii(tm) and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.

METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY will now feature seven great METAL SLUG titles. Included in the collection will be METAL SLUG, METAL SLUG 2, METAL SLUG X, METAL SLUG 3, METAL SLUG 4, METAL SLUG 5, and METAL SLUG 6.

METAL SLUG 6 was released in the arcades earlier this year and expands the cast of playable characters by two. In addition to the METAL SLUG regulars – Marco Rossi, Tarma Roving, Eri Kasamoto, and Fio Germi, METAL SLUG 6 includes Ralf Jones and Clark Steel of IKARI WARRIORS. The METAL SLUG 6 storyline returns to the Rebel-Martian alliance featured in Metal Slugs 2, X, and 3, but now players have to team up with the Rebels and Martians to defeat an even greater threat.
METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY will ship in November 2006.

Good news? I never played 6...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn, can't say no to this

6 has been at my local arcade for more than a few months now. It's also on PS2

PLEASE let this have whatever online and scoreboard features the XBLA version of Metal Slug has.

(other than achievements, duh)

Jeff-DSA

Could this be the greatest 3rd party collection ever? I think it just might be...

(Gradius Collection could win if it had Gradius V; 1st party is no contest with the Zelda Collection on the GameCube)

meppi

Absolutely fantastic news! This will be a day one purchuse for me now on Wii.
ZombieMale_explode.gif

I've always wondered, what's the story behind Metal Slug X? Did it come before or after 2? It was made by the same original team, right?

Hawt! Haven't played 6 yet so when I get this on Wii it'll have more than just 'playing the old games again cause they rock' factor.... i'll have something new to play too! :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Verboten said:
I've always wondered, what's the story behind Metal Slug X? Did it come before or after 2? It was made by the same original team, right?

remix of part 2. Don't know about the team.

jarrod

Banned
MoxManiac said:
I'm sorry i'm so unbelievably sexy!
You're close, but you're no Lyte. :p

I'm still shocked it actually happened though... hopefully this sells well enough for SNKP USA to fund some more Anthologies. I'd like Samurai Showdown myself. :)

Wii version sold, day 1 as long as it has classic controls.

Hell, it was sold anyway when it was MS 1-5, this just makes it even more awesome.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
jarrod said:
Someone owes me an apology. ;)

Nope, because when we talked about this before:

-it wasn't happening.
-this was about SNK Japan
-it's still not happening in Japan as far as we know (but I'm sure it will!)

Good guess though. ;)

This is a real surprise to me; especially for the PSP version, but this only makes me want this more. :D

Also if this is all SNK USA...hey guys, How about SS1-5 Special + Tenka, and a two pack of KOF XI+NGBC...for PSP. :D

Hey, I just got the same email from Michael Myers as well!

But yeah, this is awesome news... the only way it can get topped is word of the Neo Geo Pocket version and that one GBA game getting included as well.

Oh, and off topic I know, but I read in IGN a whiles back that 6 was coming to the PSone as well, which sounds b.s. though anything is possible.

Lyte Edge

MS6 for *PSOne*? No, no way. It's an Atomiswave game for one thing. It was probably a typo and they meant PS2; the game already came out in Japan. I wrote a review for a site whose URL is blocked here. I'm happy to report that the conversion is flawless and they even put the blood back in! :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Lyte Edge said:
The quote says November 2006. Knowing SNK Playmore USA, that probably means January or February 2007. :p

Yea, it is slated to be a Wii launch title (See Ami, here is another reason to buy a Wii) but we really haven't heard much from this in some time, so it might be delayed.

jarrod

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Nope, because when we talked about this before:

-it wasn't happening.
-this was about SNK Japan
-it's still not happening in Japan as far as we know (but I'm sure it will!)

Good guess though. ;)
Orly?

-you can't prove "it wasn't happening", indeed the interview I'd quoted suggests otherwise
-Anthology was always a SNK USA project, a JP release hadn't even been announced when had the previous discussion
-the previous discussion actually cenetred on maybe including MS6 with an unconfirmed PS2 port of Anthology, it was framed entirely around US release

...not that I actually though MS6 in Anthology would even happen, I just didn't dismiss it out of hand.

Anyway, hopefully Terminal Reality does a bang up job. I hope that PS2 versions proves to be true too, and the Wii WFC component amounts to more than just rankings. :)

Lyte Edge

jarrod said:
...anyway, hopefully Terminal Reality does a bang up job

It's not internal?

Uh-oh. :/

Shard said:
Yea, it is slated to be a Wii launch title (See Ami, here is another reason to buy a Wii) but we really haven't heard much from this in some time, so it might be delayed.

Nothing to do with that, I just can't think of a time when SNK USA actually released something when they first said it would. Everything seems to get delayed a few months. It definitely would make an excellent Wii launch game, but with them claiming to be adding a Wii controller specific play mode and now MS6 into the game, I doubt it.

Awesome news! I was wondering if the US would get any homeports of Metal Slug 6, and including it in the anthology... very generous of them, to say the least... :)

The Metal Slug games are great, this is a must-buy.

jarrod

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

It's not internal?

Uh-oh. :/
SNKP USA has no internal R&D. All their Xbox ports were handled by western devs too I think (at least SSV was for sure)... Metal Slug 1 GBA is being done by Telegames too.

Lyte Edge said:
The quote says November 2006. Knowing SNK Playmore USA, that probably means January or February 2007. :p
March actually. :p

I'm guessing it's being held back for the WFC content... which hopefully means actual online play. :)

bumpkin

Sounds delicious. I'm excited! Not to say I wasn't before, but the addition of MS6 doubles the anticipation. :D

Still not sure if I'll get it for PSP or Wii though.

GREAT news!!!! If they're adding part 6, I don't mind if it's late - as long as it's out before Christmas. What a perfect collection. I wonder what bonus content they'll include..

Thank you SNK Playmore!! :)

Terminal Reality are porting these?

...What?

That's an odd fit, but maybe they'll have the technical ability to not mess these up too badly. I'll need a D-pad topper before I think about picking up the PSP version.

This is heartening:
Update: Here's an official statement from Terminal Reality, the company doing the PSP port: "We came up with an advanced scaling method to fill the screen with minimal distortion with the original tiles. Most players will be happy with this. But for our hardcore fans, we will have a display option that will be the original pixel for pixel version of the game."
http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001032.html

Metal Slug 1 GBA is being done by Telegames too.
... D:

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Taste the happy, GAF!

So it's still up in the air if it'll actually be there launch day? Day 1 purchase... whenever it comes out.

darkbanjo

I've not really ever played a Metal Slug game before, but this sounds damn awesome. Day 1 Wii purchase (whenever it finds it's way to the UK)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
nice -- i'm glad i held off on importing the ps2 version. speaking of which, there needs to be a ps2 version of ms anthology. it'll be great on psp, but i'd like to have a console version, and i'm not buying a wii.

Has it been said the Wii version will have classic controls? So far theres been mention of aiming with the Wii mote and lobbing grenades with the remote.

I MUST HAVE ANSWERS!

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I'm the only one who would prefer Metal Slug series to be released chapter by chapter at budget price?

I hate packs. I don't know why, but never finished a game in a pack!

drohne said:
nice -- i'm glad i held off on importing the ps2 version. speaking of which, there needs to be a ps2 version of ms anthology. it'll be great on psp, but i'd like to have a console version, and i'm not buying a wii.

Buy a Wii hater! :p

EBCubs03

Banned
Yeah, wii version is online but I don't know about the PSP version. I hear online is why this isn't launch for wii anymore

Top Bottom