• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus - Vote to Play

El_Cinefilo

Was just checking the what's new section on my PS4 (UK) and there was a video entitled vote to play describing a new feature where you vote on what Plus game you want (out of a choice of three) and the one with the most votes goes up as one of next months plus games (The other two will be available with plus discounts)

Cool idea no? Did a search and didn't find anything else about it.

20150730123037.jpg

20150730123056.jpg

"An exciting way to have your say on what you'd like to play next through Playstation Plus. While voting is open you will be able to check which tiles are receiving the most votes or change your own vote at any time. Then the votes will be counted and the chosen game will be availabel as part of the PS+ monthly games the following month.

If your favourite game wasn't chosen it will be available to be purchased with a PS+ discount"

Transcript of video

EDIT- For clarification these pics are screen grabs from the video that was in the what's new section (and has since disappeared) I have not voted and voting doesn't appear to be up yet so it doesn't mean one of these games will be on plus next month if at all.

I would vote Grow Home

Hasney

Let's go Knack!

But this is a cool feature. Most likely not going to be any of the retail games they give out as they'd have to negotiate with publishers, but a choice of indie games could be cool.

Having seen the games people pick during Steam sales, people have shit taste. And pick the same games to have a discount over and over again.

pizzacat

Banned
Why do you freaks want knack?

Internet voting always gets ruined by nerds pls dont make me lose something cool guys

BriGuy

I hope The Last of Us goes up there. I've beaten it on the PS3, but I want to replay it in 60fps and just can't justify re-buying a game I already own.

Carl

Seems to just be a video advertising the feature for the moment, can't see an actual place to vote?

oti

Banned
Look at this from this way: Bad AAA games will always win, which means we won't have to pay for them. Better indie games won't win, which means we'll get nice deals for them. Ain't too bad after all.

jiggles

Banned
Aw, yeah. Games I already own winning the vote for all time. Nobody wanting an indie game on day 1. Let the good times roll.

Carl

"An exciting way to have your say on what you'd like to play next through Playstation Plus. While voting is open you will be able to check which tiles are receiving the most votes or change your own vote at any time. Then the votes will be counted and the chosen game will be availabel as part of the PS+ monthly games the following month.

If your favourite game wasn't chosen it will be available to be purchased with a PS+ discount"

Transcript of video

Sir TapTap

It will always be the worst game and the closest to "AAA feel" every time. Not very enthused. But hey, potentially more discounts I guess

Faenix1

As said in this thread, if steam votes are anything to go by - the games I want are never picked.

Hate this idea.

Also, I'm one of the crazy Knack wanters. I want it but I don't want to outright pay for it. lmfao

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
This is shitty. Developers receive financial rewards for being on PS+, their business shouldn't depend on the whims of a random and easily manipulated vote.

And personally, I'd much rather have a curated service that delivers things I don't expect and broadens my horizons than have what I pay for decided by the unproven tastes of the public.

Would Rocket League, for example, have enjoyed its tremendous success if it had been denied a spot on PS+ because it was outvoted by some streamer's flavour of the month or a bland AAA game from two years ago?

Devil

I'd rather get a B-Tier Indiegame that may surprise me instaed of fucking Knack.

If peeople would have been able to vote in the past I'd never have experienced such gems as OlliOlli2. Fuck voting!

Spwn

If Armello isn't the one winning that vote, I'd say that's just horrible. I find that PS+ is great for getting games you're not familiar with, but people tend to choose stuff they already know.

El_Cinefilo

It seems like from the look of it that you'll probably vote from your PS4 on the store. I don't know maybe I'm wrong but I have a little more faith in the people who will actually bother to vote that it'll turn out ok. Unless they do it as AAA crap vs a brilliant Indie game.

This thread has left me totally knackered.

Is Zombie Vikings made by the same guys that did Stick it to the Man? That was a great game. I'd vote for ZV.

Top Bottom