• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

PPDWnUX.gif

That's all I could say about the new trailer. Stefanie Joosten has a wonderful voice.

MajorTom

Oh yeah guys, I just ordered a physical Xbox one copy so that I can have the steel book haha.
I may never play that copy in all honesty.

Vally

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

bps4DX9.png

PREVIOUS THREAD
|OT1| The Man Who Sold The World (by Dawg)

dOV12iw.png

• Genre: Stealh/Action
  • Release date: September 1st, 2015
  • Developer: Kojima Productions
  • Publisher: Konami
  • Available on: PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

gSEZd5T.png

EULokRV.png

In an era when the world was still divided into East and West...

The Boss, the Mother of Special Forces and hero of World War II, defected to the Soviet Union.

Under orders from the U.S. government, her final apprentice, Naked Snake, took her life. But for The Boss, her defection was no more than a cover.

She was made to sacrifice herself to prevent nuclear war. That was her final mission.

The Boss used Snake to ensure that the Philosophers' Legacy, the vast military fund under Soviet Army control, would reach America. For these outstanding "accomplishments", Snake was awarded the title of "Big Boss".

jzOymoU.png

After turning his back on America, Snake began recruiting soldiers with the help of Kazuhira Miller, a man he first met in a war zone. In 1974, the pair constructed a secret base in the Caribbean.

Snake's private army continued to grow, until their need for a deterrent prompted them to obtain a nuclear weapon.

Meanwhile, Major Zero, the man who once worked with Snake to create special forces unit FOX, used the Philosophers' Legacy to expand his intelligence organization, Cipher. Cipher proceeded to spread its roots into the furthest depths of the United States.

With no military of his own, Zero longed to rejoin his old comrade Snake, and sent his operative Paz to make contact. Paz attempted to steal the nuclear-equipped walking battle tank Metal Gear ZEKE, but was thwarted by Snake.

Flung from ZEKE's cockpit, Paz vanished beneath the waves of the Caribbean.

cDgRVHA.png

Paz had survived the fall from top of Mother Base after losing the battle to Big Boss. Eventually, she was rescued by a Belizean fisherman who found her drifting in the Caribbean.

Since Paz was their only link to Cipher, Big Boss and Miller both agreed that the wisest course of action was to save her, along with Chico, who was held as prisoner somewhere close to Paz's location after taking upon a rescue mission himself.

At the same time the Militaires Sans Frontières, Snake's private army, were forced into a situation where they had to allow a nuclear inspection by the UN. However, after rescuing Paz and Chico, Big Boss and Miller returned to their base only to find out that the inspection was nothing but a smoke screen.

Skull Face, commander of the XOF unit, and his men who were posing as UN nuclear inspectors, carried out an attack on Mother Base.

Big Boss fell into a coma due to this attack, and wouldn't wake up until nine years later in 1984.

8cxrZAO.png

What started in Ground Zeroes...

...must finish with V.

Snake will embark on a path of vengeance against the very Cipher that slaughtered so many of his men.

Not for justice.

Not for power.

Only for Revenge.

8wzP0jE.png

MlLuY36.png

VENOM SNAKE
A Fallen Legend
  • Voiced by Kiefer Sutherland / Akio Ōtsuka

wEBIlpj.png

QUIET
A Sniper deprived of her Words
  • Voiced by Stefanie Joosten

dJLfQqa.png

KAZUHIRA MILLER
A visionary robbed of his Future
  • Voiced by Robin Atkin Downes / Tomokazu Sugita

tR2wZNh.png

OCELOT
A rival living a Lie
  • Voiced by Troy Baker / Satoshi Mikami

AZ34ezl.png

HUEY EMMERICH
A Technocrat who stands his ground
  • Voiced by Christopher Randolph / Hideyuki Tanaka

BuUcBzQ.png

SKULL FACE
A Ghost without a Past
  • Voiced by James Horan / Takaya Hashi

5cDahgn.png

CODE TALKER
A Wise Man denied his homeland
  • Voiced by Jay Tavare / Osamu Saka

xjgxqfo.png

ELI
A Youth who curses his fate
  • Voiced by Piers Stubbs / Yutaro Honjo

LoLzev1.png

????

BWr2KLc.png

ZoYrmzx.png

MGSV brings the first true open-world experience in the Metal Gear series. The player has a huge environment at their disposal, where they can decide how to go about the missions. The two main areas are Afghanistan (Northern Kabul) and Africa (Angola-Zaire border region).

mQ0lenc.png

Mother Base has been expanded on since Peace Walker, and now allows the player to walk freely around the base. Snake can also take part in different activities, such as shooting range practices, joining in CQC with soldiers or base defending when Mother Base is attacked.

zoRgoAD.png

You can use the Fulton recovery system to recruit soldiers into your Mother Base. In addition, these balloons can be used to procure other kinds of resources, such as vehicles, animals, containers, etc.

PQMwvP9.png

The buddies are companions that can assist Snake on the battlefield. There are four buddies (D-Horse, D-Walker, D-Dog and Quiet), each of them with different abilities.

m9thzpL.png

In addition to the Mother Base, it is possible to construct other bases called Forward Operating Bases. While the first one of these bases can be built for free, any additional FOB requires MB coins that can be purchased with real money.

FOBs are also part of an online mode where a player can choose to invade another player's FOB, while the other person has the option to defend their own base.

E46aAlP.png

3egQm1r.png

aSKS8QT.png

YLHsfyD.png

xYzVp9A.png

• Be careful when posting anything someone might consider a spoiler.
  • Use spoiler tags and give a vague description of the content inside the tags if possible.
  • EXAMPLE:
    Code:
    LATE GAME SPOILERS: [spoiler] I can't believe Big Boss... [/spoiler]

YAuXPqa.png

• Dawg, for letting me do this second OT.
  • MGS-GAF, the best and most unhinged fanbase on this forum :D.
  • Kojima Productions, for spending the last five years making the best game possible.
  • Hideo Kojima, for being responsible for this legendary series during 28 years. Whatever you do next, we wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors.

CjtGVsM.png

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WTF NOOO!!!!!

Just got an e-mail from my local store and they told me the collector's edition is delayed for 2 weeks because Konami has delivery problems.

Skele7on

Banned
Not really. He's lucky OTs like the original MGS4 OT are a bit more frowned upon now.

HAHA, still the best OT OF ALL TIME.

He has 6 more days.

I believe in DAWG

WTF NOOO!!!!!

Just got an e-mail from my local store and they told me the collector's edition is delayed for 2 weeks because Konami has delivery problems.

where are you based holy shiiiiii....

Hopefully, you'll get compensated a normal copy for release day.

atr0cious

Here's to You has been in my head for the past couple days. So ready for this game. I've got the CE for PS4, for the extras and gonna grab this on steam day one. Gonna finish my play through GZ in anticipation.

I've heard it's spoilery. Is it spoilery? Part of my brain is literally trying to justify tolerating spoilers to the other part of my brain.

Is it worth it?

Well there is a metaphorical thing thrown in there that people are taking literally and there is more footage of the new metal gear in action(like the rest of the MGS trailers) as well. I will say this for those that didn't play the previous MGS games, it has big ass spoilers.

I've heard it's spoilery. Is it spoilery? Part of my brain is literally trying to justify tolerating spoilers to the other part of my brain.

Is it worth it?

Spoiler free description:
First half is clips of old games mostly slow mo power walks and listing the main mechs from each game. Then a return to the model swapping corridor walk from E3 with a few surprising changes and new looks (some consider this part a spoiler)
After that it's the full spoilery reveal of the new Metal Gear which has only really been hinted at so far, and some of its surprising capabilities.
Followed by another slow mo power walk with a lot of characters on MB. (slight spoiler with one of them who's not been seen there before but not very surprising)

MajorTom

Spoiler free description:
First half is clips of old games mostly slow mo power walks and listing the main mechs from each game. Then a return to the model swapping corridor walk from E3 with a few surprising changes and new looks (some consider this part a spoiler)
After that it's the full spoilery reveal of the new Metal Gear which has only really been hinted at so far, and some of its surprising capabilities.
Followed by another slow mo power walk with a lot of characters on MB. (slight spoiler with one of them who's not been seen there before but not very surprising)
That doesn't sound too bad actually. Maybe I will watch it.

Top Bottom