• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan. EGM - Scores and Rumors

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
_leech_ said:
Anyone else think it's a bit early to do a Wii/PS3 comparison? Both systems are out, yes, but both have shit games (except for Zelda/Resistance), i would have waited until at least next year to see how both develop to get a better idea of which one's better.

I'm sure it's a better at launch, not omg for all time. Doesn't that only make sense?

Tieno

jacktion said:
EGM is still living in the past. These scores are pretty much what I would expect from a hardcore narrow-minded game "journalist". They hate the new nintendo direction and they will punish them accordingly! They love fps's. Even mediocre ones like Resistance. They love Zelda. But they hate new ideas like Wii Sports. Even though it is the best game that I have played this year. Countless people are totally in love with Wii Sports and it is a new paradigm in gaming. EGM can't understand that and it reveals their immature mindset.
So how did you play and finish Resistance if you won't buy a PS3?
jacktion said:
Yeah, the blueray player was a big mistake to include in the PS3. It just drives up costs and it's something I don't want. If the PS3 was just a killer game machine without the blueray player it would be way cheaper and I would buy one. But now I am not going to buy one because I don't want a blueray player. My dvd player works great and the blueray format might wind up being obsolete in a year.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5031614&postcount=101

Ristamar

_leech_ said:
Anyone else think it's a bit early to do a Wii/PS3 comparison? Both systems are out, yes, but both have shit games (except for Zelda/Resistance), i would have waited until at least next year to see how both develop to get a better idea of which one's better.

There was a similar article 5 years ago in their XBOX vs. GC issue. No surprise. People want to read about it, so they'll write about it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
king zell said:
-Mii Crossing - Mii's will be your avatar in the next Animal Crossing. All the shirts and accessories you collect will cross over to other games.

What if I we assume someone doesn't like Animal Crossing, or want to play it? Would Animal Crossing be the only way to actually get access to these shirts and accessories then? They might as well release a "Mii clothing" pack for download or something. But I guess this will ensure more money made for them...even though they could just charge money for a download.

Odysseus

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
Because fans of the game arent exactly fans of the show..

And that doesn't strike you as a problem? ;)

Viva Pinata games should cater to fans of the show, to be honest. Otherwise it's a complete waste of an IP.

Me, I just want a good cart racer.

goldenpp72 said:
Because fans of the game arent exactly fans of the show..

But even with that, I still think you can be incredibly psyched about racing through the amazingly designed environs that are hinted at just outside your garden.

Amir0x

Banned
moku said:
The Wiisports score is low enough that it makes the rest of thier scores seem farcical.

EGM just did themselves is. Most fun I've had with a game in YEARS. I dont pay attention to scores, but thats just assinine.

But their score is not at all out of line with most media outlets, as you can see right here. Many major media outlets gave the game similarly low score, and the game has a 77% average. It's nice that you have the stomach for feature-deprived, shallow, gimmicky (and often problematic) sports mini-games, but it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Odysseus said:

Viva Pinata games should cater to fans of the show, to be honest. Otherwise it's a complete waste of an IP.

And I want to be able to knock Professor Pester the **** out.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I'll buy this Viva Pinata Kart if I can use my personal pinatas and build my own go-karts to race online against other people's pinatas and karts.

Get on it, Rare. The time for sharing Pinatas is over. We want competitive pinata kart kombat.

EMBee99

Amir0x said:
It's nice that you have the stomach for feature-deprived, shallow, gimmicky sports mini-games, but it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Did Wii Sports hurt you as a child? :lol

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
BenjaminBirdie said:
BUT I think the level design and graphical stunnery will offset the incredibly (INCREDIBLY) annoying voice work in a Viva kart game.

*beep beep*
"Uh, hey dude. Like, watch out!"
"Ohhh boy, I'm s-s-s-so NERVOUS."

Euuugh.

:lol :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
kenta said:
Surprisingly low Wii scores, Zelda aside. Honestly pretty startling.

Both PS3 and Wii should be ashamed about their launches.

But, as I always say, launches always suck ass and mean nothing in the long-term.

WiiSports is awesome, when you really get into it like I did with golf the other day, wishing to keep topping your previous score and learning how it all works it turns into a very fun experience. If you just look at the surface, not much is there, but you have to give it more than a chance than just "golf lol"

Granted it hasn't provided me hours of entertainment, but it's a great game to break boredom with.

Kingpen

king zell said:
from 1up board

XBOX360
Call of Duty 3 - 6.5 7.0 7.0
Phatasy Star Universe - 8.0 7.0 6.5

Yeah, that is really rediculous..... a PS2 port is better then a 360 game (even if it is basically COD2.5)

COD3 is still a very good game.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Amir0x said:
Both PS3 and Wii should be ashamed about their launches.

But, as I always say, launches always suck ass and mean nothing in the long-term.
Right, I understand how insignificant launch games really are and both systems should be applauded for each having a AAA game, but everything else just seemed to be typical launch crap. I expected that from the PS3 launch games, but not the Wii so it's strange to see that happen

EMBee99

Scoot said:
That rumor about alternating Gears and Halo franchises is only half true.
There will be one of each in 2008.

OMG! Halo 3 slip CONFIRM-ED. :lol

Halo Wars and GoW2 I'd imagine, right?

Amir0x

Banned
kenta said:
Right, I understand how insignificant launch games really are and both systems should be applauded for each having a AAA game, but everything else just seemed to be typical launch crap. I expected that from the PS3 launch games, but not the Wii so it's strange to see that happen

wait why would Wii be any different?

BenjaminBirdie said:
OH SHIIIII

Delaybombaton!!!

Halo Wars

GreekWolf

So, wait... now there's a rumor of Rare's next project being a kart racer, and there's still no word of Killer Instinct 3?!

I'm about to do a Hulk Smash through Microsoft HQ.

goldenpp72

Yeah, but the question is, would it be more 'rare' (pinata 360) or cartoon style, which isnt so amazing looking, that's my concern.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Amir0x said:
wait why would Wii be any different?
I guess I actually believed the internet hype about how it would change games forever and every game to ever grace the Wii will be like sipping from the golden goblet of God himself

Jiggy

king zell said:
Handheld
Portrait of Ruin (Silver) - 8.0 9.0 9.0
Kirby Squeak Squad - 7.0 7.0 6.0
These two games got robbed, though Kirby far moreso.

Rumors
-Mii Crossing - Mii's will be your avatar in the next Animal Crossing. All the shirts and accessories you collect will cross over to other games.
This had better not be that one time when EGM's right. It just better not. Partially because Miis are a bad fit for the Animal Crossing universe, but mostly because the very idea of only being able to get Mii accessories from Animal Crossing is stupidly devious.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
kenta said:
I guess I actually believed the internet hype about how it would change games forever and every game to ever grace the Wii will be like sipping from the golden goblet of God himself

haha, no you didn't.

Odysseus

Banned
kenta said:

Rome was not built in a day.

Amir0x

Banned
kenta said:

hahaha. i guess you were of the Speevy hypothesis, where just using wiimote would make licensed shovelware more entertaining ;)

Odysseus said:

but it was a game FIRST. it's a game ip, that was licensed to be made into a show.

the show fails to reach the audience that the game appeals to... not the other way around. it's not like microsoft or rare paid for the IP. it's their ip to do with what they want.

Mr Jared

GreekWolf said:
So, wait... now there's a rumor of Rare's next project being a kart racer, and there's still no word of Killer Instinct 3?!

Thank. ****ing. God.

Rare has moved on. They make awesome games now. Viva Pinata Racing? GOTY 20XX confirmed.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Odysseus said:
Rome was not built in a day.
Neither was the Wii!

Amir0x said:
hahaha. i guess you were of the Speevy hypothesis, where just using wiimote would make licensed shovelware more entertaining ;)
That's what the internet would have you believe, isn't it?

GreekWolf

alkaline black said:
Thank. ****ing. God.

Rare has moved on.
10ivandrago.jpg

I must break you.

Top Bottom