• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NSMBU+NSLU Wii U Bundle incoming (?)

apana

The price is still a big barrier to entry I guess. Bundles are good but is there any way that they can make the controller cheaper? Can they have a smaller version of the pad that is slightly inferior to the original but still maintains roughly the same functionality?

Oisin

Neo Member
I was the guy who originally posted this image. For the record:
  • There's no price in the catalog, so I don't know if this will be $299, like the Zelda bundle.
  • I'm 90% sure it's legit. Don't think Smyths would have put something in their Winter catalog if they weren't 100% sure it was going to exist.
  • The box also says "+ Bonus Videos". Not sure if that means videos of people playing the Mario games (like those posted by Nintendo on Miiverse) or trailers of upcoming games. Just something to thing about.
  • I can't make out if the photo says "2 Games Included!" or "2 Game Preinstalled!". The picture in the brochure is super low quality. I sent an email to Smyths, they might send me on a higher quality pic.

No, but you download them from the eShop. What kind of question is this supposed to be?

A really dumb question, please understand.

But if you put it that way, it's still useful for nintendo having demos preinstalled on the console:
  1. These demoes can be exclusive to the hypotetical bundle, for some people this may be a further incentive to take said bundle.
  2. If these demos are not exclusive, it's still favorable (for Nintendo) that they are preinstalled. Exclusive or not, demos are made to persuade the user to buy that game should he like playing the demo. Also at least the user know that the game exists if he did not know before. A pre-installed demo is already on the main menu, and your average customer is not that shrewd to actively search on the eShop for games and demos and may never know that some games do exist or how they look/are (Wonderful 101 bombing hard even for Wii U standards may be an example of this)

Nibel

I was the guy who originally posted this image. For the record:
  • There's no price in the catalog, so I don't know if this will be $299, like the Zelda bundle.
  • I'm 90% sure it's legit. Don't think Smyths would have put something in their Winter catalog if they weren't 100% sure it was going to exist.
  • The box also says "+ Bonus Videos". Not sure if that means videos of people playing the Mario games (like those posted by Nintendo on Miiverse) or trailers of upcoming games. Just something to thing about.
  • I can't make out if the photo says "2 Games Included!" or "2 Game Preinstalled!". The picture in the brochure is super low quality. I sent an email to Smyths, they might send me on a higher quality pic.

Added to the OP

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
When will colors happen? Blah

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Pack is legit, it's confirmed for a November 8 release at Carrefour in french stores:
Pack WiiU 32Go New Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi U: 279€

There are also 2 new packs in Toy's R Us:
Mango Pack - 249€ 12/4
Cherry Pack - 299€. 11/27 Probably with Mario 3D World

jts

...hate me...
Pack is legit, it's confirmed for a November 8 release at Carrefour in french stores:

Mango Pack - 249€ 12/4
Mango, Cherry?? What is this, coloured Wii Us?

A Mango coloured one would be delicious tbh.

monome

Nintendo better have a solution for moving saves/games between consoles before inroducing colored variations.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nintendo better have a solution for moving saves/games between consoles before inroducing colored variations.

They should have already presented a solution. It is available for 3DS too, so...I mean: they already introduced the White Premium in Japan, the Zelda Premium (with the decal-gamepad) in the West, and will probably introduce new colors...so...DO IT!

Btw: Cherry will be bundled with Pikmin, and Mango with DK (no more banans!)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
These new Wii U prices are finally reaching the Wii launch price. That's good Nintendo, your are getting your act together.

BowieZ

Banned
Mango, Cherry?? What is this, coloured Wii Us?

A Mango coloured one would be delicious tbh.
OMD, hopefully that actually means a mango orange or cherry red Wii U! I would definitely get a red one!
once they announce system transfers/accounts

DrWong

These new Wii U prices are finally reaching the Wii launch price. That's good Nintendo, your are getting your act together.

The WW HD bundle is already at 279 euros on Amazon.fr (and selling quit well in their chart) and there's also a strong marketing push with dedicated Micromania ads all over the place in Paris.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
do4B03R.jpg

Spice Returns!

Timeaisis

Well, that's obviously expected. I don't understand the $299 naysayers. You guys realize you are getting 1 game+expansion for $299, right?

Yanikun

Banned

Mango Pack - 249€ 12/4

Why must they make a Wii U purchase so tempting to broke people like myself? Ugh...

I'm confused. Mango and cherry are codenames, right? So assuming the 299 one is SM3DW (honestly they would be so stupid not to bundle this game) what is the second one? Pikmin?

I was about to bite on the WW edition but I'm glad I waited cause the NSMBU bundle looks legit and I also wanted a physical copy of WW anyway. Here's hoping for a $300 price point and it being available soon.

Darryl

Banned
I'm confused. Mango and cherry are codenames, right? So assuming the 299 one is SM3DW (honestly they would be so stupid not to bundle this game) what is the second one? Pikmin?

it's cheap so it's probably the replacement for the basic bundle. maybe it'll have the wii- style games preloaded. they're already giving wii fit u away for free as it is and trying to profit off of those fit meters instead.

This should be an option since not everyone is able to jump into Zelda. Plus, a Mario bundle is a must this holiday to give it more traction against the competition.

With Super Mario 3D Land, Wii Party U and Wii Fit U, the hardware definitely won't have the bleak sales it did for the first half.

Very nice bundle. To be honest, that's how I feel Wii U should have launched in first place. We've had a bit too much NSMB lately, but if it came as a bundled game people surely would have seen it a bit differently.

I think so as well, although it's difficult to estimate what degree of positive impact such a bundle would have effected at the outset.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Color me skeptical.

Top Bottom