• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Death Prophet even viable outside of the Trench? She's my favorite hero in the entire game but she seems like she would a be a liability until she got Bloodstone and Heart.
Of course she is! DP is pretty awesome. Although, I would not recommend getting bloodstone on her; too expensive and it offers no damage mitigation.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is Death Prophet even viable outside of the Trench? She's my favorite hero in the entire game but she seems like she would a be a liability until she got Bloodstone and Heart.

anything is viable in pubs

Any counters to bounty hunter? He destroys my Lina, poor lady :( I just have to deploy sentry wards, dust and never be alone?

if you have sents down you shouldn't die to bh solo. You can see him coming, stun him, or probably just walk away. Without the -armor on track now; with just a magic wand or a stun he won't be able to solo kill you unless he's pretty farmed or you're way outside of tower range.

Any counters to bounty hunter? He destroys my Lina, poor lady :( I just have to deploy sentry wards, dust and never be alone?

If you're playing a squishy hero, then yes.

The first thing you need to do against BH is early sentries. That cripples his early laning if done well which delays his midgame. BH isn't a great flash farmer which means a bad early game (level deficit) start will be difficult to overcome for the most part. Carrying a gem late game on your most survivable hero and just sticking close as a group also screws with him.

Arkanius

I assume he's talking about teamfight and tower gold.

I still think Abaddon has better utility items to build, such as Auras. Mainly because any good player knows that the trick to fight Abaddon is simply not to attack him, and leave him for last.

Mjolnir won't do much in that case other than giving you attack speed. Assault Cuirass gives you that as well, and it gives an aura for the whole team and for the Agi carries to use.

Just my two cents though, I can be thinking wrongly..

Mothman91

I'm sure this has been discussed but I have gotten this message when trying to play Dota 2 from Mac:

Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glDrawRangeElementsBaseVertex'! Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated.

Any help?

Arkanius

I'm sure this has been discussed but I have gotten this message when trying to play Dota 2 from Mac:

Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glDrawRangeElementsBaseVertex'! Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated.

Any help?

What OS are you using?
And what hardware are you using?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Have you updated your drivers?

From dev.dota2.com:
Dota 2 requires OS X Lion or newer, are you using Snow Leopard?

Sibylus

Banned
I still think Abaddon has better utility items to build, such as Auras. Mainly because any good player knows that the trick to fight Abaddon is simply not to attack him, and leave him for last.

Mjolnir won't do much in that case other than giving you attack speed. Assault Cuirass gives you that as well, and it gives an aura for the whole team and for the Agi carries to use.

Well, the thing is that the passive acts akin to an aura, so the point of the attack speed on yourself is to put as many stacks of Curse of Avernus on your target as quickly as possible (so that your team carries benefit). That would be the reasoning. Whether it's cost effective or not, I haven't the foggiest.

Arkanius

Well, the thing is that the passive acts akin to an aura, so the point of the attack speed on yourself is to put as many stacks of Curse of Avernus on your target as quickly as possible (so that your team carries benefit). That would be the reasoning. Whether it's cost effective or not, I haven't the foggiest.

Why not an Assault Cuirass then with priority on the Hyperstone?

Anteo

What? Why would you leave him for last. Thats basicslly saying Hey abby we will take your teammates first so please dont heal them nor use shield! You need to take him out first, deal enouqgh damage to trigger his ult snd then wait it outq for the kill. A low hp abby cant stay near battle healing and shielding withouth risking too much.

Arkanius

What? Why would you leave him for last. Thats basicslly saying Hey abby we will take your teammates first so please dont heal them nor use shield! You need to take him out first, deal enouqgh damage to trigger his ult snd then wait it outq for the kill. A low hp abby cant stay near battle healing and shielding withouth risking too much.

The thing is, while you are doing that, your whole team is pounding the enemy team.
Focusing on Abaddon takes a bit of time, and gives a window of opportunity for the carries of his team to deal all the damage they want, and for the nukers to drop the bass.

Aphotic Shield Death Pulse aren't that good in mid-late game when you are 5 maning. Focusing on him just to disable those two skills isn't really a sound move in my opinion.

But I might be wrong, what do you guys think?

Sibylus

Banned
Why not an Assault Cuirass then with priority on the Hyperstone?
For self, it's +55 attack speed from the AC versus +80 attack speed from the Mjollnir, so the Mjollnir is probably the best of those two for stacking the passive. There are obviously also cost efficiencies to consider, but the latter is only a single creep more expensive (and you can start with the Hyperstone, as you mention).

Card Boy

Banned
I just realised the OT title is a Lion quote. We got masecred yesterday we had 3 supports, a leaver and our bounty hunter had no items and Arcane boots smh.

I don't know why but I've taken to using Morphling all of the sudden. I think it's because Waveform is similar to Slark's Pounce, it's a good initiate or escape. I still don't fully get the stat switching, like I understand it swings your base agi or str but I don't really know when it's appropriate to swing stats. Aside from when my health is low and I have a lot of mana. I also haven't quite figured out his ult yet, you get a tankier illusion in teamfights that can allow you to switch positions mid-fight or it's something you can warp to, like leave an illusion in lane, tp to base and then ult back to lane.

Been building Wand (if there are ability spam happy lane opponents) > Boots > Ring of Aquila, Treads, Ring of Health, Perseverance, Ultimate Orb, Linken's and Ghost Scepter. I have yet to play in a game where I or my team have done well enough that I can farm up an Eagle's Song to finish off the Ethereal Blade.

Anteo

The thing is, while you are doing that, your whole team is pounding the enemy team.
Focusing on Abaddon takes a bit of time, and gives a window of opportunity for the carries of his team to deal all the damage they want, and for the nukers to drop the bass.

Aphotic Shield Death Pulse aren't that good in mid-late game when you are 5 maning. Focusing on him just to disable those two skills isn't really a sound move in my opinion.

But I might be wrong, what do you guys think?

Not really, as a abaddon plsyer I csn tell you that by midgsme there should be a mek and pipe up for abby so it is still effective enough, plus the ability to remove debuffs is what matter the most. Really most fight when we get wiped are the ones when i get damaged really esrly instead of my allies. A lotmof other heroes have better armor than him so the ehp heal is higherthan it seems.

Of course if i did t get the pipe b,y that time it may be problematic, but abbadon still cause problems to the other team. The low cd on his spells means tge focused unit gets 2 heals and a shield and a mek at least and thats not low in midgame. What really hurt him bad is aoe damage where he cant really heal everyone fast enough as his heal is aoe (dazzle on the other hand excels at mitigating aoe damage)

exfatal

My first time trying DOTA, hopefully i enjoy it seems like a pretty fun game. worried bout my performance and not pissing off my teammates heard this community can pretty harsh lol

sixghost

My first time trying DOTA, hopefully i enjoy it seems like a pretty fun game. worried bout my performance and not pissing off my teammates heard this community can pretty harsh lol

I would definitely read some beginner guides and play some bot matches first.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ok legit a fucking shockwave from the magnus is gonna do more dmg to those 5 heroes then ur ultimate

tumblr_miybgfwBzB1s6ezlmo1_400.gif

Hylian7

You want them to build arcanes on sniper?

I thought more about that and I don't think it's really that bad. They teach you how to use your active items, and TELL you to use your Arcane Boots, so you visually see what it does. Then you realize "This isn't practical in a real game." You may see a few Arcane Boots Snipers, but probably not many.

ViviOggi

There's a good chance most players will be even worse than you, also the mute button is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom