• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC re-release. SE Store Exclusive - Out now, Internet required

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There are definitely some censored words in there that wouldn't make sense as "fuck", but I always took it as a generic swear word, just for emphasis without actually being meant as a specific profanity.
We could say it was always something like "Fuit"! :p

The idea of language censorship in a 2012 release seems absurd, we've been past that since early 2000's.
Kinda interesting how that went as time went on, though. You wouldn't see the f-word or the s-word or something like that in T-rated games then, but I *think* you'll see some of it now but not as often? You'll see them thrown around no problem in M-rated stuff.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hi, anyone remember me :3?

x4lvl.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think we can all relate the submarine-song as the "Emerald Weapon-song".

Yoshichan

Some help here guys... the password for the huge materia is O, [], X, X on the PS1... what is that on the PC? I know O is CONFIRM and X is CANCEL but []?!

Yoshichan

I love you guys, SWITCH was correct :3

Is anyone else having login problems? I can login to my account on the Square Enix site (and registered the game there) but when I put my login information to the launcher, it says the e-mail is invalid. It's the same email address thats in my account settings so I have no idea what's going on.

Yoshichan

The depression around the world when we found out that our plan against the meteor did jack shit... it oozes sad/disappointed atmosphere.

Seik

Banned
Okay, after comparing to the original OGGs and stuff, it seems that ob.ogg may be the only problematic file.

Here's a new version of the PSX music: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22135087/Fixed+FF7+Fixed+Music+v2.zip
Hopefully this is the one. It's just the original with only oa.ogg and ob.ogg edited.
Sorry about that mixup.

ut4Xe.jpg

Quoted because people need to know this exist.

Don't be sorry, I mean, shit, nothing was obligating you to do it, yet you did it!

Thank you!!! :)

Yoshichan

Pro-tip: Don't click any of my pictures :3

Pachinko

I'm actually kind of surprised that some out there actually prefer the PC music.. it's literally midi, even with the yamaha drivers set up (I checked some of those youtube videos) to make it sound as good as it can it's still missing some instruments and bass as well as most of the layered reverb.

I'll just chalk it up to nostalgia I guess.

Yoshichan

Hey look, another Weapon emerges from underwater!

I just realized something... Diamond Weapon, then Midgar, then it's disc swap :lol Damn, disc 2 went insanely fast... but still lots of stuff to do. As soon as CD3 starts, I'll be doing all the remaining side-quests (I've done some of the major ones already).

Yoshichan

15 minutes and counting...

(lost track of Ultima Weapon and I've been roaming around like a headless chicken).

edit: Finally... 20 minutes later!

Rflagg

I need to stop coming into this thread Yoshi is getting me hyped. If I hadn't lost disk 3 years ago it would already be in my ps3. :(

BPRD

Banned
It gave me that error once while inputting my CC#. I just kept starting over till it went thru. Dunno what to tell u beyond that tho.

Under the credit card thing, it says Name, does that mean my name or the card type like mastercard. because it doesnt let you choose card type

antitrop

Wait... people here are bitching about the audio... but are playing it at some horrendous stretched widescreen?
Have you actually played it? Rhetorical question, if you had played it you wouldn't make such a post.

It looks perfectly fine at 1920x1080 and there's even an "Original Aspect Ratio" option if you have to be such a diehard purist.

It doesn't look anywhere near as bad as say... playing the PSN version on PSP and choosing to Stretch it. Not even close.

For the "not available in country" error, try logging out of Square account (or whatever its called) and then logging in again. Don't just keep retrying from the CC# entry screen again, and again. Read that on another forum.

Have you actually played it? Rhetorical question, if you had played it you wouldn't make such a post.

It looks perfectly fine at 1920x1080 and there's even an "Original Aspect Ratio" option if you have to be such a diehard purist.

It doesn't look anywhere near as bad as say... playing the PSN version on PSP and choosing to Stretch it. Not even close.

oh... it's not like that? What are they doing different?

antitrop

ok got the game, now how do i play it with my 360 pad?
Have your Xbox 360 controller plugged in to your PC's USB port.

Seriously, there's no configuration required (although it would be smart to map PGUP and PGDWN as Left and Right bumper, otherwise you can't run away from battles with the 360 controller).

You don't even have to set a control option, you can use the 360 controller and the keyboard at the same time if you really wanted to, as long as it's plugged in and the drivers are installed it will just work.

Have your Xbox 360 controller plugged in to your PC's USB port.

Seriously, there's no configuration required (although it would be smart to map PGUP and PGDWN as Left and Right bumper, otherwise you can't run away from battles with the 360 controller).

You don't even have to set a control option, you can use the 360 controller and the keyboard at the same time if you really wanted to, as long as it's plugged in and the drivers are installed it will just work.

i plugged it in but it won't let me use it in game.

Psy-Phi

That's very odd, I didn't have to do a single thing at all to get it to work. Have you tried playing another game real quick to make sure the controller is working properly and that it's just FF7 that's the problem?

I have the same trouble. I ended up just mapping everything through xpadder after about 15 minutes of exiting and relaunching the thing. It's weiird because it works fine in the launcher when changing button mappings, but the game just refused to acknowledge the 360 controller.

I thought about unplugging my other two game input devices, but I'm of the mindset that I don't make changes to my computer set up just to get one game working...and xpadder worked fine.

Also, not sure if anyone else has commented on the OGG PSX music that was so kindly shared here, but the LoopStart=0 on yado.ogg (the inn music) loops indefinitely for me at the part of the game I'm in now, first time using an inn, so I'm not sure if other inns would have looped endlessly or not, but removing that loop tag fixed it. I feared I'd have to go back to the updated music, which is absolutely atrocious in the Slums area that I'm in.

antitrop

I have the same trouble. I ended up just mapping everything through xpadder after about 15 minutes of exiting and relaunching the thing. It's weiird because it works fine in the launcher when changing button mappings, but the game just refused to acknowledge the 360 controller.

I thought about unplugging my other two game input devices, but I'm of the mindset that I don't make changes to my computer set up just to get one game working...and xpadder worked fine.
It sucks you had to go through a third-party work-around, but I'm fairly certain that's not normal.

I've read about so, so, so many problems people are having with this game, but I just haven't run into a single issue at all. Maybe I just have really good luck.

Whogie

Also, not sure if anyone else has commented on the OGG PSX music that was so kindly shared here, but the LoopStart=0 on yado.ogg (the inn music) loops indefinitely for me at the part of the game I'm in now, first time using an inn, so I'm not sure if other inns would have looped endlessly or not, but removing that loop tag fixed it. I feared I'd have to go back to the updated music, which is absolutely atrocious in the Slums area that I'm in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41078073&postcount=1936
I went overboard with adding the loop tag, so this new version just does it on the known bad song.

Your work in this thread is much appreciated.
^_^

Shining

Is there a mod to use the Yamaha midi music from the original pc release? After listening to some of the clips on youtube I liked it a lot. Sounds better than the ps1 version.
This is what i'm thinking too. There is a torrent out there containing the complete Yamaha XG midi soundtrack in .flac format. If one were to convert these files to .ogg, then maybe that would work. Also, one would have to make sure the songs loop correctly.

Top Bottom