• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, Hulk Hogan said it and it didn't bother most of GAF.

Mel Gibson said it and the world still hasn't moved on.

Times change, eh?

Edit: Some posts here, holy hell. Honestly, I keep opinions about the word to myself, and I have no right to say why it should or shouldn't be used as it's not my word to own.

Have a good day, GAF.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
That feigned surprise of his after saying it. Lol. He didn't even fucking hesitate when he said it, super clear it's something he uses as a negative term all the god damn.

I fucking hate sharing nationality with this fuck.

Edit:
why are people so scared and offended by a simple word ?

Fuck you as well.

(Should be fine to say, right? Just a simple word amirite??)

What a freaking idiot. Shit ton of subscribers and he makes good money from playing video games. VIDEO GAMES. I would LOVE to do that. I would never do or say anything to potentially fuck that up. smfh

Meh, Hulk Hogan said it and it didn't bother most of GAF.

It did bother most of GAF. We also realize that video was private and should have been kept private. That Gawker was wrong doesn't mean Hulk Hogan isn't a racist. It just means Gawker was shitty journalism and Hogan is a racist POS who should not have had his privacy violated. This was PewDiePie using his public stream and saying the N word.

sn00zer

why are people so scared and offended by a simple word ?
I think this may be good learning oppurtunity for you, but you will likely need to learn that lesson on your own time off of gaf. If you are actually curious and not being snarky do your own research. But i cant imagine you arent being snarky so buh bye

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Can someone explain why this PewDiePie guy is popular in the first place? When first hearing of this dude I looked up some of his videos. What's the appeal? He's not funny or clever. His videos are just him talking. I don't get it.

Nightbird

Not going to defend him but youd be surprised how often this happens in Europe especially in countries with no black people. There is literally no understanding of the context, its just a word you hear in music and movies.

W5mI74u.gif

gfxtwin

I cringed in a way that I haven't since the Michael Richards meltdown. There wasn't even a hint of irony or the sense that he was using it to subversively illustrate a point. Just straight-up yelling it the way a racist kid on XBL would lol.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Can't wait for the shit defenses from his buddies.

Can't wait for the inevitable h3h3 video defending him saying "Felix is a really nice guy dude, we shouldn't shame him for slipping up and using a slur"

5253636-7230285268-c1eU5.gif

Hold on to your butts, junior hot takes incoming....

Let's not lump together the average Junior with obvious burner accounts tho. You were a Junior once too y'know.

why are juniors always the ones defending racism?
look down

Holy fuck the alts come out quick
yep, there it is.

Not going to defend him but youd be surprised how often this happens in Europe especially in countries with no black people. There is literally no understanding of the context, its just a word you hear in music and movies.

Yeah, this is a drive-by defense in context and no, it won't fly. This isn't someone sheltered with no idea. This is someone with global reach.

Can someone explain why this PewDiePie guy is popular in the first place? When first hearing of this dude I looked up some of his videos. What's the appeal? He's not funny or clever. His videos are just him talking. I don't get it.
He yelled slurs and loud noises in a "funny" voice while playing video games and people thought it was hilarious.

GetLucky

I'm always curious about the crossover in alt-right ideas and youtubers. It's a chicken/egg situation. Are they always like this, and the truth just eventually comes out? Or do they get some fame and some money and decide that they are better than other people? Or maybe they're even glib enough to think that the alt-right are the best group to take money from by acting it up?

It's strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom