• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Since my Rogue is kind of in cruise control in Suramar now working its way towards Pathfinder I've decided to mess around with a Death Knight on the side since it's the last class I haven't really tried. It's a lot of fun, feels like some weird grimdark Paladin mashed up with a Warrior. All of the specs seem interesting but I've enjoyed being a low budget Arthas the most.

What's the issue with the DH follower Belath? I've seen him run away and keep far away while I'm fighting stuff more than once, or only hit a few times when he stays close (not always, but enough to make me wonder). Is this asshole in reality a KJ spy trying to let me die, or just some busted A.I.?

Follower AI is probably the same shit sandwich driving Warlock and Hunter pet A.I. There's all sorts of weird pathing and behaviour issues in Legion, like the one you just mentioned. It's why I just leave all of my followers for missions instead of using one as a bodyguard.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finally done with the Heroes of the Storm thing.

Goddamn is that annoying, like, I get why they do it but 15 matches, really?

You can do it with a 5 stack against beginner AI in under two hours. That's like two matches of Dota. I guess it's painful if you don't like MOBAs or HotS, but it's a relatively quick thing to do.

Einchy

You can do it with a 5 stack against beginner AI in under two hours. That's like two matches of Dota. I guess it's painful if you don't like MOBAs or HotS, but it's a relatively quick thing to do.

I don't like MOBAs so 2 hours of playing MOBAs is torture.

TeaFan

Hey all. Just come back to the game after a long lay off and ive just got my ww monk to 110. THis game has changed so much whats best for me to do now? Whats the best way to gear for mythic dungeons and raiding?

I don't know the *exact* mechanics, there, but camera angle is certainly a component. Have you tried looking very clearly upwards before you jump?

I'm having this problem with every alliance character. I'll try looking straight up and jumping. I just figured Blizzard fucked it up because ... well, blizzard.

Tarazet

Hey all. Just come back to the game after a long lay off and ive just got my ww monk to 110. THis game has changed so much whats best for me to do now? Whats the best way to gear for mythic dungeons and raiding?

Crafted gear can get up to 865, so if you have some spare gold that's the way to go. Once you start seeing routine 835 rewards for world quests, that's as high as they go and they can warforge to fill out the slots you need. Then LFR Nighthold will help you catch up quickly.

Keep your artifact knowledge research rolling, because that's the best power gain for your main and alts.

TeaFan

Crafted gear can get up to 865, so if you have some spare gold that's the way to go. Once you start seeing routine 835 rewards for world quests, that's as high as they go and they can warforge to fill out the slots you need. Then LFR Nighthold will help you catch up quickly.

Keep your artifact knowledge research rolling, because that's the best power gain for your main and alts.

Ok cool thanks. Should i be hitting world quests too?

v1perz53

Does anyone know of an addon that makes it easier to compare relics for my other specs? As a druid, it is kind of annoying to swap between 4 specs to see which spec that Life relic is good for. Just something simple would be fine, that shows what trait a relic boosts for all of my specs, and ideally would also show the current ilvl relic of that type equipped in each weapon.

e90Mark

Does anyone know of an addon that makes it easier to compare relics for my other specs? As a druid, it is kind of annoying to swap between 4 specs to see which spec that Life relic is good for. Just something simple would be fine, that shows what trait a relic boosts for all of my specs, and ideally would also show the current ilvl relic of that type equipped in each weapon.

RelicInspector sounds like it should work for you.

So, I've finally swapped over from Vanilla WoW to giving Legion a chance. I'm only about 2 hours in so far (boosted to 100). Are there any suggested guides for Rogues for PvE? None of the links in the OP seem to be related to actual advice for playing your toon or how to prioritize gear.

Thanks! Things are rather different than in Vanilla, so I've got a lot to figure out and catch up on it seems.

Combo points not disappearing after switching targets is still taking getting used to.

Got my very first hidden artifact appearance...off of a giant rat.

68drOC9.jpg

It's for a spec I don't really play and I'm mainly in the underbelly to farm up the ratstallion but I don't want to undercut the moment.

Tarazet

So, I've finally swapped over from Vanilla WoW to giving Legion a chance. I'm only about 2 hours in so far (boosted to 100). Are there any suggested guides for Rogues for PvE? None of the links in the OP seem to be related to actual advice for playing your toon or how to prioritize gear.

Leveling up in PvE you really have two viable options for Rogue.. Outlaw and Sub. Both of the builds will involve Marked for Death. But Outlaw has two things going for it: it has more robust AoE, meaning you aren't automatically screwed if you overpull, and Grappling Hook. The latter is one of the most useful abilities in PvE.

Apparently I'm doing it wrong by using Death From Above over Marked For Death but I find it's a pretty handy (and flashy as fuck) combo spender. It lets you dodge AoE attacks when you go airborne and does some chunky damage at 5 points.

If I wasn't playing a Rogue I wouldn't be able to do some of these Azsuna digsites at all. Stealth gets me through most of a digsite and Vanish saves me from being wrecked by elite mobs I couldn't even think of trying to fight.

I just wish they'd shelve archaeology moving forward. From what I've read archaeology was half of a system, similar to what we have with artifacts now, they didn't fully implement back in WotLK. It wasn't fully realised when it was implemented, they've never really made it a thing worth doing and seem to have little interest properly implementing it now (digsites appearing in world pvp or elite mob areas for example). I mean if this was Warlords of Draenor, it would be like an Archaeology digsite appearing in The Pit or on Socrethar's Rise.

If an artifact appearance wasn't tied to this, I wouldn't be doing it now.

Einchy

Came across something interesting.

Queued up for a 15 depleted run, got in there and after filling the group, one person dropped. After a while the leader didn't requeue us, so I told them that someone dropped and then he said "we need +buy. buyer for gold" and then he queued us with "WTS 15".

This fucker makes groups with people who want to get a 15 done, kicks one person and then tries to find a buyer...

Lain

I've been lamenting (to myself) the annoyance with these unique items received as rewards from daily quests for Monks and Warlocks, because despite being unique (5), they do not stack. I never posted about this grievance because I was sure someone would have told me the devs want you to use them, not to keep them, that's why they make them not stack, because I remember something similar being said back in WoD.
But now I've got this 110 DH and I kill the demon daily and I get these unique items on her too and hers... stack! So the 18 items I have on her only take up 4 slots instead of the 18 they would take on my Monk and Warlock.

I've read that they have no intention to add new stable slots for hunters in 7.2. That makes me pretty sad. I just have no room to even go grab some cool mechanical pet now, let alone have room to go grab the new tamable pets of 7.2. Although that might also mean they'll add some stable slots in 7.2.5 or whatever. Maybe... hopefully.

Got my very first hidden artifact appearance...off of a giant rat.

It's for a spec I don't really play and I'm mainly in the underbelly to farm up the ratstallion but I don't want to undercut the moment.

Why do you have that appearance? Is that an elixir or an armor you can wear?

I'm really enjoying my time with WoW, thinking of getting the expansion. Discipline Priest is sooooo much fun, I've tried the rest of the healing classes but not one has clicked like Disc Priest. I love you priest!

Why do you have that appearance? Is that an elixir or an armor you can wear?

In the Underbelly of Legion Dalaran there is a goblin NPC that can give you Sightless Eyes, a currency used in the Underbelly, and will also transform you into something. Not sure if it's a daily thing or not.

In the Underbelly of Legion Dalaran there is a goblin NPC that can give you Sightless Eyes, a currency used in the Underbelly, and will also transform you into something. Not sure if it's a daily thing or not.

Don't lie to them, I'm a Tuskarr Assassin Rogue.

Yes, it's the Sightless Eye Daily, in exchange for looking ridiculous in zerg pvp you get a currency which can lead to you eventually getting an achievement and a mount.

mclem

Yes, it's the Sightless Eye Daily, in exchange for looking ridiculous in zerg pvp you get a currency which can lead to you eventually getting an achievement and a mount.

Speaking of which, what schedule is it actually on? I tend to regard it as a daily, but it doesn't seem to be up every day.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
How likely is 7.2 next Tuesday? Going to resub just before it drops.
Regardless of when Patch 7.2 will be deployed on live servers, I think announcing its release date during the Live Developer Q&A on March 23 (topic is Patch 7.2 content) would be a good idea. They have announced release dates for patches in Q&As before.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20602171/join-us-for-a-live-developer-q-a-thursday-march-23

Also, the last stream of the recent Patch 7.2 PTR Twitch initiative is on Saturday, March 25 - 20:00 CET. A release of Patch 7.2 on March 28 would be well aligned with this. Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if the release date of the patch is announced tomorrow during the Q&A.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Got back this week, have a lot of catching up to do. Have they said anything about getting more rep points in 7.2? Specifically the Nightfallen.

Sölf

I decided to try the Breath of Sindragosa build for the first time.

fa5.jpg

Well, currently, my DPS is around 100k below what it usually is. Then again, I fought Elisande normal mode and nothing else so far. Let's see how todays raid and tomorrows Myth+ will turn out. xD

cdyhybrid

Sölf;232568179 said:
I decided to try the Breath of Sindragosa build for the first time.

fa5.jpg

Well, currently, my DPS is around 100k below what it usually is. Then again, I fought Elisande normal mode and nothing else so far. Let's see how todays raid and tomorrows Myth+ will turn out. xD
Just spend an hour on a target dummy!

Einchy

I've had a bunch of 1-2% wipes on Tich but we keep wiping cus one of our tanks is incapable of doing this job in the last phase and everything goes to shit. It's really annoying when we could've killed the boss long ago but one person is fucking it up...

Started a BM Humter and it's fun. Why is Stonetalon Mt Zone so populated? It's like a warzone. Alliance attacking towns and getting killed by guards. Saw a worgen rouge try to sneak past the guards and aggro everyone in camp. I spent 2-3 hours just sniping people trying to rush our towns.

Why do DK's have to breathe underwater, shouldn't they be like Forsaken?

Speaking of which, what schedule is it actually on? I tend to regard it as a daily, but it doesn't seem to be up every day.

Seems to be a daily, it's up every time I seem to have the urge to go to the underbelly although I haven't been rigorous about doing so. As much as I enjoy the zerg free-for-all pvp, it always ends up just being a couple of heavily farmed druids and demon hunters fighting it out over the chests.

Tarazet

I beat the Brawler's Guild Rank 8 challenge card, Strange Thing. Apparently no one else can see you fight it. You click the mushroom and then you're all alone in an instance. Even the audience disappears. It's not super hard, but it took me about 10 tries because of adjusting to the debuff cycle. I often found myself needing to move and losing DPS because that's also when I have the +Haste buff, and as a melee, that's obviously a problem. If the only uptime I get is shit because otherwise I'm going to be dead, it's not exactly optimal.

Syf

Banned
Pillars of the Dark Portal dropped for me today. Guess I was due for some garbage after Lessons and Feretory were my first two drops.

Top Bottom