• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Galava

cUTCNyI.png

Title: Pokémon Sun / Pokémon Moon
Developer: Game Freak / Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
System: Nintendo 3DS
Genre: RPG
Release: November 18th 2016 (International) / November 23rd 2016 (EU)
Demo version: October 18th 2016

Event QR Codes
72t9Bjs.png
3ANb3K4.png

T5a7zhE.png

2ioZcRP.png

And much more!... For more information, head to Pokémon Sun/Moon official website, the link is down there ;).

rmC0wnr.png

A lot of surprises and old friends await in Alola...

XqHbR7H.png

o5R8XiP.png

Game Updates

Useful links:

Credits:
  • Thanks to Serebii for building the awesome Dex and Pokearth guide of Alola
  • Nintendo, GameFreak and The Pokémon Company for some graphics and art.

Kanhir

Has anyone ever got a Pokemon with Soundproof in an SOS battle?

(I don't actually need to know, I'm just being pedantic.)

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Hau used his Z move to one-shot my Charjabug.

But we were double battling on the same team...

I was going to attack him for fun, but before I could use the move he killed me instead, lol.

Izayoi

Banned
I thought passed down Luxury balls don't work on hatched Pokémon.
This might be the case, but it seems really unclear.

I'm seeing a lot of mixed answers to this question online - each person seems completely convinced, even though their opinions contradict.

Rafavert

Yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday. Gifted him a 2DS with Sun (I got Moon). He hasn't played a (proper) Pokémon game in years and is already addicted. Pokémon <3

I wish there was a reverse GTS where you could say to it, heres the Pokemon I want to trade, find me all the different Pokemon people are offering for it. That way you can pick the stuff that you think its worth without it sitting there forever.

So what are people's theories about what the ultra beasts actually are? What is ultra space? The game doesn't explain this thoroughly, so I thought it would be fun to speculate.

Here is a collection of facts we know about them:
- They're from another dimension called ultra space.
- Three of the ultra beasts strongly resemble some of the characters. Nihilego, Pheromosa, and Xurkitree respectively resemble Lillie, Lusamine, and Guzma. There is significant evidence to suggest this is intentional, which I can bring up if requested.
- The other ultra beasts don't seem resemble any known characters, but are still vaguely humanoid.
- Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma have some connection with ultra beasts, but it's unclear if they actually are ultra beasts themselves. Some characters surmise that they are ultra beasts but it's never made definitive. Evidence they are ultra beasts: They can go into ultra space, and their base stats are all prime numbers (like the ultra beasts). Evidence they're not: They're not humanoid like the ultra beasts, they don't have the energy aura of ultra beasts (so aether foundation doesn't detect them as ultra beasts and they don't have the ability beast boost), and they have higher base stat totals than the ultra beasts.
- Some ultra beasts existed long in the past, but Nihilego, Pheromosa, and Xurkitree are based on modern people. This suggests that these ultra beasts were born or created recently.
- Solgaleo and Lunala are able to manipulate ultra space (can make their own wormholes). But ultra beasts are known to not be able to manipulate ultra space (can't make their own wormholes). It's said that after they fall to earth, they chase after humans who have been to ultra space because they hope it will lead them back home. So we know they're trying (and failing) to go back home, showing they can't just make their own wormholes.
- Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma are all partially psychic type.

After considering this evidence, my personal theory is:
Ultra beasts and ultra space are created by Solgaleo and Lunala. Solgaleo and Lunala base them off them off the minds of the people they know. This explains why Solgaleo and Lunala are psychic type, why the ultra beasts are based off people, and why Solgaleo and Lunala can manipulate ultra space but the ultra beasts can't.

As for Necrozma idk. Could either be like Solgaleo and Lunala or could be an ancient ultra beast.

Nightbird

Well, i was two Days too late to de-synch my Game with the Global Link, now i gotta wait until next Tuesday until it's completly desynched

Wiseblade

My first run through Super Singles battle Tree I got 56 wins easily. Now, I'm struggling to reach 30 with the same team. I can't complain too much when I'm getting a steady supply of of PP Ups though.

Izayoi

Banned
My first run through Super Singles battle Tree I got 56 wins easily. Now, I'm struggling to reach 30 with the same team. I can't complain too much when I'm getting a steady supply of of PP Ups though.
Out of curiosity, what team are you running right now?

Galava

I'm 206 pokémon on my living dex journey. I'm having a blast... I'll meet a friend next week and we are going to evolve all we can by trading. It's like being a kid all over again.

Wiseblade

Out of curiosity, what team are you running right now?

Mimikyu @ Lum Berry
Adamant

- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Salazzle @ Poisinium Z
Naive

- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest

- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

The Primarina is the obvious weak link, but I don't have anything to replace it with yet. I should probably put a Focus Sash on Salazzle too.

Dude i finally decided to do some post gsme stuff but i had to do a battle on my way there to get the
mega ring
or whatever. Idk why but his raichu and metagross fucking slayed me. :|

ionitron

Awesome, new thread Hopefully we keep on going at it, I've had quite some fun with the old thread. And also thanks to many of you for some great trades!

What am I supposed to do with duplicate ultra beasts? I have two Buzzwoles and Xurkitrees.

Trade them on the GTS for the version exclusives from the other game.

Annoyingly I swapped my spare Buzzwole for a Pheremosa, but nobody will give me a Celesteela for my Kartana. I should have looked to see which were equivalent value, I didn't realise I was conning myself. I've tried putting all sorts up for trade but can't get one now. I'm trying to get a living Alola Dex to supplement my 100% complete 001-721 dex in the bank so I'm not gonna trade my last Buzzwole away.

Might need to start trading my shinies from the bank for stuff once it updates.

Busaiku

Augh, I thought Aura Sphere was a TM, and I was gonna use it in Magearna for Battle of Alola.
But it doesn't learn it till the 80s...

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How long does the Magearna thing last? I'm kind of preoccupied with other games at the moment.

PMS341

Well, caught my Timid Necrozma with a Premier Ball by accident... got frustrated after a bunch of wasted Beast/Ultra Balls so I threw my last Premier and got it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy crap, I think I WT'ed the same person 2 times in a row since I got no FC and it was the same person standing there.

Wooo, OT2!

Hmm since I don't have a Scrappy Pangoro yet, the Sandygast chaining can wait. Guess I'll chain Cottonee for the time being. Or do I want to chain Mudbray? Roggenrola doesn't sound too bad either...

I have to say, I'm pretty unhappy with battle tree. It's a worse Battle Maison. No triple, no rotation battles. One upside is the scout feature. Otherwise it's Battle Maison all over again. Game Freak, I can't keep playing the same mode 3 games in a row.

Is it too hard to add a team preview so we're not bent over by rng team comps? If you're seriously going for a streak, you have to devise a foolproof safe team. You can't pick the Pokémon you want. This has always been a problem with Maison, but after 3 games in a row, it's unacceptable.

Pokémon Stadium had 3v3 singles where you brought 6 and team preview allowed you to choose 3. Vastly superior back in 1999.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have to say, I'm pretty unhappy with battle tree. It's a worse Battle Maison. No triple, no rotation battles. One upside is the scout feature. Otherwise it's Battle Maison all over again. Game Freak, I can't keep playing the same mode 3 games in a row.

Is it too hard to add a team preview so we're not bent over by rng team comps? If you're seriously going for a streak, you have to devise a foolproof safe team. You can't pick the Pokémon you want. This has always been a problem with Maison, but after 3 games in a row, it's unacceptable.

Pokémon Stadium had 3v3 singles where you brought 6 and team preview allowed you to choose 3. Vastly superior back in 1999.
Eh, at least it is more fair since now they can use Megas and Z-moves; still a step up.
Popplio sucks.
How does it feel to be so wrong?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Already a new OT huh? I haven't been playing alot lately because I made the mistake of picking up Bloodborne and I don't feel like putting it down right now.

DedValve

Banned
Hau used his Z move to one-shot my Charjabug.

But we were double battling on the same team...

I was going to attack him for fun, but before I could use the move he killed me instead, lol.

Hau isn't putting up with your shit.

I was surprised with how strong he got by the end, I had 2 underleveled pokemon who were of no help and trying to swap them out to gain exp (I turned off exp all) lost me one of my pokemon.

But then I took out the ground horse pokemon whose name I totally forgot because I immediately named it Clinton. Needless to say stamina just feels straight up broken in the campaign.

Clinton is right now soloing 3/ 4 of the elite 4 while still being underleveled lmao.

Top Bottom