• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
This end is kinda fucked because he doesn't have any of the friends he made in the future and ashi is fucking dead

Really this isn't happy, this is like a neutral ending

giphy.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*wipes away tear*
Can't believe it's over. Jack got the mostly happy ending he deserved.

TVTropes would definitely call it a "Bittersweet Ending". Made it back to the past, but the one woman he loved vanishes from time.

See it all again next week!

The first half was fantastic and really well-paced.

The second half, while everything that happened I was okay with, had a bit of a super fast "We gotta wrap this thing up" feel to it.

If that was tightened up a bit then I'd think this was about perfect.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I am beyond grateful we got this conclusion after basically a decade of dickteasing. Good on Adult Swim and Cartoon Network for bringing this back.

I feel like the season overall had some meandering parts that could have been better spent elsewhere, but overall this was more than a worthy conclusion to one of the most epic American cartoons of all time.

Korigama

Gurren Lagann did come to mind with the end, but I would still say Samurai Jack's made more sense than that (the logic behind TTGL's ending was just a load of crap in light of everything that preceded it).

The first half was fantastic and really well-paced.

The second half, while everything that happened I was okay with, had a bit of a super fast "We gotta wrap this thing up" feel to it.

If that was tightened up a bit then I'd think this was about perfect.

Yeah, the season really need 3 more episodes or so to hell flesh out certain other aspects (this could of a been a two episode finale) like Ashi's mom's death which feels like they threw in because they needed to tie that loose end.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
honestly it feels like that last episode could have used another five or ten minutes to breathe. the pacing was a little fast.

otherwise, good stuff

Either we needed one more episode to space it out better, or one of the previous episodes could have had it's meandering bits dealt with a bit better.

I have no problem with the content itself but man it did feel super fast at the end. I was barely able to process that Aku fucking died.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd say overall, Samurai Jack is top-tier absolute must-see animation. Even with its road bumps.

Up there with Batman: TAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom