• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I wonder when they'll enable "Wait 20 minutes for matchmaking" and "Get disconnected 5 times in an hour" challenges.

I would be crushing those.

Is this really happening to you?

I have noticed people leaving and coming back, but almost always on the other team.
Matchmaking is hit or miss, but never been longer than 8 minutes for me. Average is like two minutes.

Is this really happening to you?

I have noticed people leaving and coming back, but almost always on the other team.
Matchmaking is hit or miss, but never been longer than 8 minutes for me. Average is like two minutes.

I'm being facetious to some degree but you saying you've waited 8 minutes makes my point.

I always play with at least 1 friend in my squad, we regularly have to wait upwards of 8 minutes, as much as 15-20 minutes at times. I wish I was joking. I wish the game wasn't as good as it is, then I wouldn't put up with this shit lol

I always play with at least 1 friend in my squad, we regularly have to wait upwards of 8 minutes, as much as 15-20 minutes at times. I wish I was joking. I wish the game wasn't as good as it is, then I wouldn't put up with this shit lol

What platform? Thats definitely not right. On PC on both east and central servers the wait times are never that bad unless something is severely broken (ie: server outage or maintenance). Either we find a game immediately or it takes at max 3 mins.

Took 20 minutes solo-queuing low Plat 1 on Xbox at 8pm Saturday night, US west.

At other times it can easily be 45+ minutes before you get a game. My experience on PC hasn't been a whole lot better but I haven't played much PC lately. The standout was when night before the Invitational, after queuing for about 20 minutes, it put me on a team with Kixstar, but after another 20 minutes of queuing he gave up, as did I soon after. And then Kix moved to Poland to cast. And now I will never be queued with Kix. Sad!

Thanks Ubi!

Joohanh

Are many having similar issues on PC? I swear the only problem I've had during 150+ hours of gameplay is the constant failure to connect to parties. Which is incredibly frustrating, but doesn't really affect matchmaking.

Additionally there is a huge design issue regarding parties, when you're removed from parties if you quit matchmaking lobbies.

Well, there is that whole thing about all the lobby matchmaking stuff being p2p, so you might fail to connect while trying to connect to a team, and then when that team tries to connect to another to actually get a match usually one person doesn't fucking make it and the lobby dies.

Whatever happened with that one-step matchmaking anyway? There was a test for it right? I can't say I ever heard any impressions. I believe the promise was 10 players connecting before divying up teams, and you'd be connecting to an Ubi server instead of hoping the dance of NATs goes your way.

Are you guys getting these long queue times on ranked? We usually only play Casual because I find the ranking system not great and my queues are like a minute or so, under five at least. Pretty comparable to league of legends.

I'm being facetious to some degree but you saying you've waited 8 minutes makes my point.

When I said 8 minutes was my longest, I also should have clarified that it happend only once. Average for me and/or me and my friends is about two minutes.

It matches a lot faster if you have a group of five ready to go.

andycapps

Are you guys getting these long queue times on ranked? We usually only play Casual because I find the ranking system not great and my queues are like a minute or so, under five at least. Pretty comparable to league of legends.
It's usually between 30 seconds and 2 min for me in ranked.

Are many having similar issues on PC? I swear the only problem I've had during 150+ hours of gameplay is the constant failure to connect to parties. Which is incredibly frustrating, but doesn't really affect matchmaking.

Additionally there is a huge design issue regarding parties, when you're removed from parties if you quit matchmaking lobbies.

The matchmaking times are much worse when I play on PS4. I'm not sure what you mean about failure to connect to parties. You mean not being able to join certain people's parties? I usually play with the same people and we haven't had any issues in a long time.

You shouldn't be removed from parties if you quit the matchmaking search while you're in that screen. If you quit while on scoreboard you'll leave the party.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
if anyone has the ps gold headset, anyone reccomend a good choice for audio or a personal one they made so I can hear everything just a bit more clearly

The main reason the ranked system is bad is well... the queue times. And I guess the preponderance of smurfs. But casual is pretty lame, with not being able to pick defense points or spawns, the 4 minute timer, the best of 5 format, and the terrible/trolling players. Siege thrives on competitive matchmaking. I'll sometimes grudgingly play casual when my teammates are sick of getting kicked around in ranked mode or give up after 30 minutes of matchmaking fails but my preference would be to almost never touch it at this point, aside from maybe experimenting with new operators and the like.

andycapps

The main reason the ranked system is bad is well... the queue times. And I guess the preponderance of smurfs. But casual is pretty lame, with not being able to pick defense points or spawns, the 4 minute timer, the best of 5 format, and the terrible/trolling players. Siege thrives on competitive matchmaking. I'll sometimes grudgingly play casual when my teammates are sick of getting kicked around in ranked mode or give up after 30 minutes of matchmaking fails but my preference would be to almost never touch it at this point, aside from maybe experimenting with new operators and the like.

Casual just makes me lazy because I can get away with stuff there that I can never do in ranked.

Teaching a friend how to play since he's new and I'm still having a good time. Out of all the FPS's i've been switching on and off with friends, this one definitely remains my favorite. OW and CSGO are too stressful.

Here's a clip I got teaching my friend proper C4 etiquette.

How to use C4

andycapps

Teaching a friend how to play since he's new and I'm still having a good time. Out of all the FPS's i've been switching on and off with friends, this one definitely remains my favorite. OW and CSGO are too stressful.

Here's a clip I got teaching my friend proper C4 etiquette.

How to use C4
Your laugh at the end when you got the C4 kill is great. I've done similar things when pulling off something.

KodaRuss

This is better than 99% of the clutch/ace videos that get posted.

I just died laughing after I saw the replay.

Here is the GIF

G3bBdXS.gif

So I officially have around 500 hours into this game.

This game is surpassing COD4 as my most played back in my teenage days. Never thought Id have that kind of addiction to a game like that again

Im still not bored with it. Im atill discovering new ways to playand new strats and finding new ways to be competitive

Siege 4 lyfe

what is bucks best gun?

Generally, the C8 but unless you compensate for the recoil (not that hard to do, rarely see it done console though) or tap fire, it can be hard to use.
The CAMRS is a great alternative providing you can fire it like a lunatic. It gets used often by pro players.

The CAMRs is real good since the muzzle brake update, but I will always prefer the C8 because of its great fire rate. A lot of people hate the recoil but for me it just kicks up straight into people's heads.
Just a side note, I'd avoid the muzzle break. The hit detection with it has always felt wonky to me. Flash hider 4 lyf

Muzzle break is always beneficial for single fire guns though?

It should be, that's how it's supposed to work. As it is though it just feels off. If it was just me then I'd pass it off as my own preference or bad luck with it, but after telling my friends about it they noticed the hit detection was more consistent using the flash hider or compensator over the muzzle break.
KingGeorge from Vertical Gaming also mentioned the muzzle break's hit detection being off on one of his streams a few weeks back too.

That said, try both. See what you prefer and see which one is more consistent for you. It may have been stealth patched recently and what I'm saying could now be outdated.

What platform? Thats definitely not right. On PC on both east and central servers the wait times are never that bad unless something is severely broken (ie: server outage or maintenance). Either we find a game immediately or it takes at max 3 mins.

Australia on PS4. It's like this at all times of the day, too. Once you're in a full squad and have completed a match it usually matchmakes faster, but the first match of the day usually takes forever to get into. I actually don't mind it that much, really. Gives me time to get work/chores/dishes done while I'm waiting haha

TheStruggler

anyone find the sound in this game iffy at times, especially when I cant hear the enemy but somehow sure as hell they can hear me apparently. Im using PS Gold headset, anyone have any reccomendations for a preset already on the set, or one they made themselves where you can hear footsteps better?

Yesterday I had a twitch run up behind me and literally heard it last second

Something to remember about the sound in the game is that it doesn't travel linearly from its point of origin, it travels depending on the opening points in the level -- so it's significantly harder to hear things through walls and they're more likely going to be projecting from doors and hallways. The sound itself definitely has a learning curve to it.

TheStruggler

Something to remember about the sound in the game is that it doesn't travel linearly from its point of origin, it travels depending on the opening points in the level -- so it's significantly harder to hear things through walls and they're more likely going to be projecting from doors and hallways. The sound itself definitely has a learning curve to it.

Oh a deff agree I saw the developer video on sound its just annoyed me how a twitch ran right up behind me and I heard nothing until last second, it was in a hallway

KodaRuss

Is the game not working for anyone else right now ?

Looks like the servers are down on PC for some reason.

Anyone watch any of the Anthony Pit videos from YouTube? I just recently started watching some of his newer ones and I have gotten a pretty good laugh or two out of them. Here is a good example, his How2Ash video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHOaj8AvgZA

They are all in casual and might be a little loud/annoying but I enjoy them.

Looks like the servers are down on PC for some reason.

Anyone watch any of the Anthony Pit videos from YouTube? I just recently started watching some of his newer ones and I have gotten a pretty good laugh or two out of them. Here is a good example, his How2Ash video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHOaj8AvgZA

They are all in casual and might be a little loud/annoying but I enjoy them.

His ELO hell video was 100% accurate and hilarious.

Im approaching 600 hours with this game.

This has replaced COD4 as my most played game of all time. Never thought Id be able to find a game like that as I am getting older and older.

Also, I am really loving Mira more and more. Never quite gave her a chance after the novelty wore off, but I am changing entire defence tactics because of her, and she's proven to really change up the experience.

Im pretty excited for Caltrops.

Right now, barbed wire is too OP in that its the clear cut choice. A team of barbed wire wrecks operators like Ash, and forces grenades out early for operators like Buck.

Personally, I enjoy using shield with Frost and Castle, but generally, barbed wire is the way to go, with barbed wire being the ideal choice over C4 for Bandit.

I don't agree barbed wire being the ideal choice over c4 with bandit. Also what's the benefit of using shields with Castle?

Depends. If you land on a team of uncommunicative roamers, not much point on worrying about winning. So do you.

But barbed wire is everything imo. But the way I notice many play on PS4. They ain't listening for audio that barbed wire offers. Either they are no mics so they don't tell you what they hear. Or they have so much shit going on in their house it disrupts what the team hears

If you are Castle with shotgun then I can see using the shield but I would always run grenades.

Top Bottom