• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
OK GAF, don't let me down here: How is the netcode on the PS3? This is the only thing keeping me from going out and buying the game right now.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
OK GAF, don't let me down here: How is the netcode on the PS3? This is the only thing keeping me from going out and buying the game right now.

I'm the biggest whiner about this stuff so I'm a little biased but it depends who you're playing with. If the connections are fine then everything plays super well and is really fun. Trying to fight someone you have a poor connection with is the most annoying thing ever though.

It's not like other games where people are teleporting around or there is slowdown, it just turns into Max Jankarchy sometimes. Like you'll be 2/3 of the way through a multi second grab animation and suddenly they break your grab somehow and blah blah. It can get pretty annoying (for me!!!)

But other than that A+

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
damn getting owned by lvl 50s right and left (as a level 1). Would love some actual matchmaking :(

The only people playing are level 50

Rank is more of a gauge of time played rather than skill level

Gotta take your lumps to get better like any fighting game lol

Volcynika

I'm the biggest whiner about this stuff so I'm a little biased but it depends who you're playing with. If the connections are fine then everything plays super well and is really fun. Trying to fight someone you have a poor connection with is the most annoying thing ever though.

It's not like other games where people are teleporting around or there is slowdown, it just turns into Max Jankarchy sometimes. Like you'll be 2/3 of the way through a multi second grab animation and suddenly they break your grab somehow and blah blah. It can get pretty annoying (for me!!!)

But other than that A+

Or Jankarchy Reigns!

Persona7

Banned
I got double teamed at gamestop when I was picking up the game. Two employees were rattling off games that I should pre-order. I pre-ordered that Ellen Page game to shut them up, it was the only game on the list that they have never heard of.

Apparently they have a new policy where they have to tell you that a game is rated M and then read off the descriptors. When I left they put 6 pre-order lists in the bag with upcoming games.

I also bought that Blue Dragon game on DS.

The code doesn't work for me yet either, it says it might not be available until 4PM.

Riposte

It looks I'll have to wait til tomorrow... maybe. We'll see. But I'm excited to jump into the single player and play the hell out of the multiplayer til it dies.

d0c_zaius

The only people playing are level 50

Rank is more of a gauge of time played rather than skill level

Gotta take your lumps to get better like any fighting game lol

Just play Survival mode! It's a lot friendlier and also you get to level up and get some of the better abilities.

yup yup. Its nice though to start to get it and come back against a lvl 50. But I still get blown up by not knowing matchups and distance of attacks.

I'll mess around with survival a bit to get used to the different characters abilities. Max f'd me up, and I have no idea who he is lol.

I don't really get guard breaks, teching grabs and overall air combat though.

need more people on my friends list with this game. hit me up on PSN at d0c_zaius

GooeyHeat

Damn, I know Darksim is a Gaffer, and he is carrying this team right now!

EDIT: Game over, 10-1 Blue team (Death ball). Good shit, man.

Esura

Banned
Wow, I got blew up by the blue team. For some reason I lost connection with host.

That's good anyway for now as I need to unlock more characters. Didn't think I had to do that lol.

Picked up my 2 copies today before work. Going to be a long day... I'll prob play on 360 first since that community will probably have shorter legs than 360. I wish I didn't have to work today.

schlew

Canadian here, I picked it up at EB Games, but the DLC code was nowhere in sight. They had no idea what I was talking about either. What a load. Customer Support says it should be on the receipt, but no dice. Real bummer.

Roto13

Canadian here, I picked it up at EB Games, but the DLC code was nowhere in sight. They had no idea what I was talking about either. What a load. Customer Support says it should be on the receipt, but no dice. Real bummer.
The guy cut mine out of a sheet of paper and taped it to the case. That was weird.

rikichi

some of these 50 level guys suck ass. the sight of seeing 50 lvl is pretty intimidating for a newbie, but after seeing them play, they play like beginners lol

How do you beat the parasite mission with Jack? The third tentacle just keeps slamming down and my shots don't seem to do anything to it.

Jawmuncher

Played some SP.
pretty cool stuff so far, especially as a brawler which there aren't enough of. Going to try some MP tomorrow and see how that goes.

robot

Make sure you guys check out Mad Survival (gamestop preorder). Lot's of co-op fun, nice change of pace from getting your ass kicked in versus. Much better than regular Survival imo.

nullref

I had the same experience, when I picked up my copy at lunch. I called the store later in the afternoon and talked to the manager about it, and he'd been sent codes that day, by email. I got him to send me one. It was a weird process.

Shizzlee

Ah yes, straight into an almost full random Battle Royale. This warms my heart. Hopefully this lasts a long time so I don't have to go back to staying up at 2 in the morning to get bodied by random Japanese people.

Top Bottom