• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Mknzy

Loving this event so far. All the rock types are fairly hard to come by around here. So far I've already caught enough Omynite to evolve an Omistar, a Kabuto, a few Onyx which puts me half way to my Steelix, and a handful of Ryhorn and Geodude. Hoping I can finally catch my Aerodactyl as well during this event.

Firemind

Same. I barely see Geodudes or Rhyhorns, even less now then before Gen 1.

Good question actually. I've seen every rock pokemon by Larivtar here. Must be very rare. Even caught an Aerodactyl.
I think they nerfed Larvitar's spawn rate just like they did with Dratini during the water event. I've seen a bunch just yesterday but today? Zero.

ZeroCDR

Plenty of Geodudes and Rhyhorn, I'm farming everything I can because I rarely see them. Saw my first wild Larvitar today as well, but I'm still very annoyed that PTC was down when they were actually spawning regularly. Hope to see more.

Joni

I think they nerfed Larvitar's spawn rate just like they did with Dratini during the water event. I've seen a bunch just yesterday but today? Zero.

Looks like it when trying scanners. At the moment I see three in the capital of my country, 1 in the major city next to it, 1 in the zone between.

GulAtiCa

Just saw my 1st Larivtar in wild too. Got lucky there. Thanks to catching so many Rhyhorns & Geodudes & Omastars, I now have the gold Rock badge! My Rhydon is now above 3000cp and maxed out (till I level up again of course)

Oxx

I've walked for 16 Chansey candy on the first day of the event.

Might have to switch to Dratini-buddy eventually.

Darksheik

This is already my favorite event.
Yesterday I searched for Aerodactyl in the main city center here around but was unable to find it.
Then I went home and while in the bed I saw it spawning 100 meters from my house.
I rushed there and now have the "full" first gen pokedex.
So cool.

Oxx

This event has murdered my stock-pile of Great/Ultra balls.

If something worthwhile actually spawns I am screwed.

HiResDes

My friend came up from New Orleans and we been raging since he got here so I haven't had any time to play, really wanted to walk my Larvitar but I'm cool with being too busy to play too

Finally caught an Aerodactyl, but I haven't seen a single Larvitar other than the one I couldn't get due to the PTC fuckery. Spawns have been pretty crap overall. Wonder if it's because I'm in a desert biome, where rock Pokémon were already common? I dunno. I have noticed something weird though. I've been seeing more uncommon spawns, specifically Pikachu and Cyndaquil, as well as various random other spawns, but nothing actually interesting.

Growlie19

Mission complete! I've finally added Blissey to my dex. She has Pound/Dazzling Gleam and about 1770 CP. Now I'm all buddied up with Larvitar. I'm definitely gonna get Pupitar by the end of the event, the only question I how close to Tyranitar I'll be....

CassSept

Fairly sweet event, gave me enough boost to move me into strictly RNG territory.

I'm up to 226 mons, all of them in all forms so no grinding for living dex left. I'm missing Croconaw and Feraligatr (waiting for a nest to spawn), Porygon 2, Miltank (I saw one this week and it ran after one shake...), Unown, Tyrogue and Hitmontop. So basically it's up to rng whenever I'll be able to get them.

I have candies for all Sinnoh evolutions but Togepi, so from now on for me it's walking with Togepi as a buddy and hatching eggs - 5k for Tyrogue, 10k for Miltank.

Most of all, I just want Upgrade, that's what I'm hoping for the most.

Zero_IYAD

Finally caught an Aerodactyl, but I haven't seen a single Larvitar other than the one I couldn't get due to the PTC fuckery. Spawns have been pretty crap overall. Wonder if it's because I'm in a desert biome, where rock Pokémon were already common? I dunno. I have noticed something weird though. I've been seeing more uncommon spawns, specifically Pikachu and Cyndaquil, as well as various random other spawns, but nothing actually interesting.
I'm in a desert biome as well, noticed the same thing with uncommon spawns.

c-murph

Haven't really been playing but jumped in to walk my magikarp. Manage to get 60 candies in under three hours. Yay! Only 160 more to go!

Joni

The nerf on Larvitar spawns is terrible. I really want to finish up his entry this event but then I need to be able to catch more of them. Up to 64 candy but I need 148 for the living Dex.

sam777

Still ain't seen an Aerodactyl and that is the last non exclusive gen 1 Pokemon I need. I better find one by the time this event ends.

Haven't really had as much time to play as I would have liked, although I did finally manage to get both Alakazam and Dragonite this week so I'm down to only one left in the Kanto Dex - Machamp. As for the rock event, it's been rather disappointing truth be told. The only rock type I need is Larvitar and I haven't seen a single one since the nerf. I stupidly told myself 'they surely won't nerf spawns again like Dratini with the water event' when Larvitar were popping up on my nearby at 9:30pm on Thursday so I didn't bother going out to get them.

Overall Pokedex is at 222, still need Typhlosion, the Mareep family, Unown, Granbull, Houndoom, Donphan, Pupitar and Tyranitar.

Rock types practically never spawn around here. I barely had any Omanyte before the water event and I had to walk my Onyx and Kabuto to completion. Geodude also took a long time. So far in this event I've completed my Magcargo (only had two catches before), found a single Aerodactyl and walked my Machops to 124 candy. I don't expect to see a Larvitar, but hopefully I'll be able to finish off my last 20ish candy for Dratini. With that and Machops, I will finish the Kanto dex!

Not sure what I will walk after that, since there will probably be a fire or metal event at some point. Both dog types, Cyndaquil, Mareep and Porygon are probably good candidates.

GulAtiCa

Went hiking yesterday, and was surprised that I got cell service for parts of it. 1st half hour worked, but started to cut out after that. Sadly there was a Larivtar near me by time it cut out. Really wish I had service, as I hiked 7 miles. heh. Was very fun hike regardless and am so sore now.

Did end up catching a Larivtar at a farmers market afterwards though. That makes 2 for the event so far.

GulAtiCa

Grr. 2 Glygars hatched recently. At least I picked up another 10k egg. Got 2 on me currently with another about to hatch.

After fully leveling my Rhydon, I now have over 100 Rhyhorn candies. Going to evolve another after the event.

Growlie19

I picked a good time to go on a walk! I've got a Pokéstop of a Native American statue nearby that occasionally spawns really nice things, like Dragonite and Quilava. This time, it spawned two Larvitar, a Donphan, and a Geodude and Rhyhorn! Needless to say, I'm really low on Ultra Balls. Down to only three left, and I had a stockpile of 25 before the event started!

At least I got my gold Rock medal, and am two away from Electric.

This church that's right next to the one I go to always gets all these spawns and the one I'm at never gets anything. There was a Golem there today and I couldn't go out to get it goddangit.

I'm gonna check OSM to see if there's some funny business happening there because pokemon haven't spawned there since the beginning.

Zubz

Banned
I never would've gotten an Omastar without this event, so I'm happy about that! I've also seen enough Kabuto to get me to the halfway point (From 0), enough to get from the halfway point to the end for Macargo/Golem, enough Rhyhorns for a 3rd Rhydon, & 1 each for Aerodactyl/Larvitar.

I was hoping for a Fire event, but I'll take this Rock one. I just wish the "Explorer" hat looked like a Ruin Maniac's & not this Indiana Jones one.

Swamped

Banned
So many slugmas...Why? Not complaining since it's pretty rare here otherwise.

Been a great event so far. And I can't believe it's going to continue for a while... Will definitely be able to walk enough to get my first Dragonite.

Joni

I never would've gotten an Omastar without this event, so I'm happy about that! I've also seen enough Kabuto to get me to the halfway point (From 0), enough to get from the halfway point to the end for Macargo/Golem, enough Rhyhorns for a 3rd Rhydon, & 1 each for Aerodactyl/Larvitar.

I was hoping for a Fire event, but I'll take this Rock one. I just wish the "Explorer" hat looked like a Ruin Maniac's & not this Indiana Jones one.

Don't forget Rhyperior so save those Rhyhorn candy.

Zubz

Banned
Don't forget Rhyperior so save those Rhyhorn candy.

Yeah. First Rhydon was a wild catch, but the second was just because I had a Lucky Egg going & this was before I bulked up. I think I'm waiting on the 3rd one.

I gave up hope on 2nd Gen awhile back, so I already got burned on Bellossom & Porygon2.

Blizzard

Banned
This event has been good except for one thing.

Neither I nor my girlfriend have seen or hatched ANY Aerodactyls since game launch. I have maybe seen a grand total of 2 in gyms during that time span.

Neither I nor my girlfriend have seen ANY Aerodactyls during the event either, which is pretty disappointing after they mentioned it during the announcement. I'm guessing if its spawn rate is increased, it's only certain regions of the country.

I was incredibly lucky and finally hatched one, but that doesn't help my girlfriend who's played basically since launch and still has nothing.

I've also never hatched a Porygon or Lapras since launch, nor encountered one.

border

I was incredibly lucky and finally hatched one, but that doesn't help my girlfriend who's played basically since launch and still has nothing.

I've never seen an Aerodatyl in the wild either. I've only ever hatched them.

I wouldn't expect to see them on towers since they are kinda junk.

Haven't seen a single Larvitar either.
Finally got my Rhydon >3000CP. It's my third 3000CP Pokemon now

EDIT: Just hatched a Snorlax. Fucking yes. With 29 candy. That's gonna beef up my Snorlax. Oh boy this is great.

I've also only seen one Larvitar.
Other than that event is great. I've walked about 60 Mareep candy.

I haven't had a 10k egg in weeks though. Like I must've hatched/replaced about 40 eggs without having a single 10k, wtf.
I just want a single Mareep and a half decent Chansey now.

Qwark

I haven't had a 10k egg in weeks though. Like I must've hatched/replaced about 40 eggs without having a single 10k, wtf.
I just want a single Mareep and a half decent Chansey now.

Same boat, I have 1 10k right now, but before that it was 2 weeks since I've seen my last one, and I hatch at least 1 5k per day. Meanwhile, my friends have multiple 10k's. Ack, curse RNGesus. I still don't have a Mareep. Close to getting Tyranitar now, but after that it's just Mareep line and Unown.

Top Bottom