• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Picked up Hybrid a while back but just now started really playing it. I kinda love and hate it so far. The basic idea is pretty cool and the gameplay works fantastically, plus it looks really good (and a bonus, for me as a Warhammer 40k fan, is that it seems like this is set in a "war universe" too). What I don't like is about half the maps (wtf at no flanking routes?), and the fact that the Stalker is waaaaay too easy to earn. The game is extremely campy as-is, considering the basic mechanics, and it's like every firefight is just an asshat sitting tight behind cover with his Stalker buddy next to him, making it impossible to survive an attack on him.

Haha, Lewis' reply is awesome. He's gonna fix that shit right up.

Lewis said:
tell you what Joy Ride Turbo ill send you some feed back on the game and show what you sould have in the game.

Vert boil

Pinball FX2 is getting a Plants vs. Zombies Table Sept 5th for 240msp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuViFJQEXk8

PvZ_Pinball-Teaser-art.jpg

They’re coming… the fundead invade pinball in Zen Studios’ latest pinball DLC, Plants vs Zombies Pinball! This table will be the first new table for Zen Pinball 2, and will include a variety of fully 3D interactive zombies and fully 3D plants to help keep the zombies from eating your brainz!

Features include:

• New effects! The table becomes fogged over during the “Going Nuts” mission and players can use a genuine Melon-Pult to keep zombies at bay!
• Preparation is the key to victory: Collect money and sunlight in times of peace to purchase the plants that will fight off the zombies
• New XBLA Achievement: “You Have Mail” (50 GS) and new PSN Trophies: “Letter from Mom” and “Malfunction”

Plants vs Zombies Pinball will be available for download on September 4th on for Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation Network for $2.99, with Cross Buy entitlement on PS3 and PS Vita, and September 5th for Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live Arcade for 240 MSP. Unearth those flippers and get ready to soil your plants!
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=2074

I don't even like Plants vs Zombies but it's day one for me just because it's a new pinball table!

(Peggle would have made the most sense by far for a PopCap game)

Vert boil

Happy Wars beta is available to people in the Dashboard beta.

460MB and you need to download it from a US or JPN account at the moment. It says it is available to US,UK and JP but the beta tab isn't on the UK dashboard at the moment.

edit, Looks like anyone can download it (if there marketplace has the beta tab). Went to see if I could play it on a South African account and I could download the beta from the SA marketplace. It loaded fine but couldn't play it due to it being a silver account.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Wars beta is available to people in the Dashboard beta.

460MB and you need to download it from a US or JPN account at the moment. It says it is available to US,UK and JP but the beta tab isn't on the UK dashboard at the moment.

edit, Looks like anyone can download it (if there marketplace has the beta tab). Went to see if I could play it on a South African account and I could download the beta from the SA marketplace. It loaded fine but couldn't play it due to it being a silver account.

I could download it with a Belgian account, so it should be worldwide. I accidentally stumbled upon that Beta, as far as I know this is the first time they've included something like this. Pleasant surprise, and the game has a nice style but is not really my genre.

Hello Games tweet.

"OMG! Everyone! Joe Danger 2 has just gone GOLD! It's going to be released this month. TELL EVERYONE! This is happening :)"

besiktas1

Just went on a little binge and caught up with the latest releases. So with witcher 2 which I am loving btw, I have quite a bit to play now. :)
Counter strike - loved the trial, will go nice to break up my sessions with witcher.
Dust - after I beat witcher it will be the next game I play. Loved the trial, it's so pretty
Walking dead ep 3 - Enjoyed the last 2.
Quantum conundrum - was interested in this when it was first announced. Said I'd buy it. So I did.
Dead light - impressions here put me off but I'll give it a go. Can't be worse than I am alive/hydrophobia.

All that squeezed in before halo. A lot of halo. I will be a happy gamer for the end of this year :)

Vert boil

DOTW

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 600msp (was 1200)
Babel Rising - 400msp (was 800)
Limbo - 600msp (was 1200)
Mad Riders - 400msp (was 800)
Rayman 3 HD - 400msp (was 800)
Sine Mora - 800msp (was 1200)

Family Gold DOTW

The Splatters - 400msp (was 800)
-----

Back to School Sale

3D Ultra Minigolf - 200msp (was 400)
Assault Heroes 1 - 200msp (was 400)
Assault Heroes 2 - 200msp (was 400)
Bloodforge - 600msp (was 1200)
Carcassonne - 400msp (was 800)
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Joe Danger S.E. - 600msp (was 1200)
--Showtime Content Pack - 120msp (was 240)
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400msp (was 800)
Pinball FX 2 Core pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue - 400msp (was 800)
Raskulls - 400msp (was 800)
Rocket Riot - 200msp (was 800)
Rock of Age - 400msp (was 800)
Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space - 800msp (was 1600)
Sam and Max: Save the World - 800msp (was 1600)
Stacking - 300msp (was 1200)
Sonic 4: Episode 1 - 400msp (was 800)
Sonic 4: Episode 2 - 600msp (was 1200)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 400msp (was 800)
Warp - 400msp (was 800)

Fifa 12
--Euro 2012 - msp (was 900)
Looks like it was reduced to 900msp last week and it's remaining that price this week.

Forza 4
--Porsche Expansion pack - 800msp (was 1600)

Guitar Hero (multiple)
--Metallica: Death Magnetic - 720msp (was 1440)

Metro 2033
--Ranger Pack - 120msp (was 240)

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 13
--11 Course Pack - 1600msp (was 3200)

Transformers: WFC
--Map and Character pack 1 - 200msp (was 400)
--Map and Character pack 2 - 200msp (was 400)

Some tat as well.

-----

DJ Hero 2
--Pendulum Mix Pack - 320msp (was 640)

Guitar Hero's
--30 Seconds to Mars Track Pack - 220msp (was 440)
--Modern Metal Track Pack - 250msp (was 500)
--Queen track Pack - 220msp (was 440)

Just Dance 3
--Spring Break Pack - 320msp (was 640)

L.A. Noire
--Rockstar Pass - 400msp (was 960)

-----

Sales & Specials App

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
--Lamborghini Untamed - 280msp (was 560)
--Porsche Unleased Pack - 280msp (was 560)
--Super Sports Pack - 280msp (was 560) *double check if you buy it, wasn't reduced when I checked)

Daigoro

wow. i see nothing of interest for me in that back to school sale. Simpsons Arcade? how did that turn out? meh...

American Nightmare, 600 pts. thats a poorly rounded off amount... gotta buy 800 to get it at that price. shit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
...Wow, that back 2 school sale is awesome. GET ROCKET RIOT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT, PEOPLE! 200 pts makes it a no-brainer. Very charming game. Assault heroes games on sale is pretty nice too, it's nice to see such memorable back catalog on sale. I don't think I even own the 2nd, actually...

I'll probably have to get Simpsons... I wanted it at 800, but I figured "I might as well wait for SOME things to go on sale!", haha.

I'm pretty much gonna wait for Sine Mora on Vita now, but it's good to see some fairly recent games on sale. Looks like a good sale to buy some things from, yet still have points left for Double Dragon NEON soon... so I can live with that.

Vert boil

Finally going to pick up Rayman 3 and possible Alan Wake but I'm still a little burnt from the DLC for the full game.
I have 40msp stuck on secondary account so I'm going to throw a 400 point card at it an pick up one of the 200msp games along with the Plants vs. Zombies table tomorrow. Probably will be Rocket Riot unless Raskulls drops to 200 but I doubt it will.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What day does the DOTW change? I want Alan Wake but I'm on holiday in Thailand until Monday and the website's throwing a fit when I try to log in on my phone here, don't want to miss out!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What day does the DOTW change? I want Alan Wake but I'm on holiday in Thailand until Monday and the website's throwing a fit when I try to log in on my phone here, don't want to miss out!

Generally Tuesday Morning. So the last "safe" buying time is Monday night.

Macca

I'm guessing you need to have played the DLC for the original Alan Wake to get the most out of American Nightmare?

Other than that, will probably get

Assault Heroes 2
Rocket Riot
Stacking

Feindflug

Wow! DOTW & Back to School sale are great! I need to get a 4200 points tomorrow since I'm getting Pinball FX+Marvel, Stacking, Joe Danger+Showtime Content, Rocket Riot, Raskulls and Metro 2033's Ranger pack - that's a lot of stuff right there. :p

Also you guys should get Assault Heroes 1/2 (really fun at co-op), Warp & American Nightmare if you don't have them already, they are all great games.

Daigoro

hm. maybe Stacking.

i dont even know what Assault Heroes is. time to edumacate myself i guess.

just as a note, XBL is down atm, or at very least, barely working, depending where you are in the world

uh thanks. but if i wanted this info i just wouldve checked twitter?

aku:jiki

Holy shit, sale! Guess I'm in for Simpsons Arcade (nearly bought it for full price this weekend!), Sonic 4 ep 2, Rock of Ages, MK, Rayman 3 and Babel Rising.

Bloodforge got a patch that fixed the shaky cam and some other problems. maybe i will buy it for 600 msp.
It got a patch, sure, but all it did was nerf the crossbow into oblivion. Everything else still sucks about the game.

RIGHT! Time to buy some points.
Not a bad little sale, not bad at all.
May pick up a fee I have previously thought about, agree about Rocket Riot though, 200 is a steal, is a fun lil game.

Well bugger, got tired of waiting for Sonic 4 Episode 2 to go on sale and bought it full price about a week and a half ago. Might pick up Rayman 3 at that price though.

Edit: Ah, maybe not, DOTW are Gold only and I've let mine expire. Ah well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dear Microsoft

Put the damn Puzzle Quest 1 DLC on sale. It's ridiculous for so many reasons--700 msp is a dumb price point to begin with, it's 7/8ths the cost of the game despite being a standard DLC sized pack, the game is 5 years old at this point...

Edit: That LA Noire DLC sale is brutal, like two weeks ago they put the individual cases on sale for what would work out to 640 msp in total, and now they discount the full pass :/

OrangeOak

Do we know how long this sale will last ?
I really want that Porsche pack and Stacking but I won't be able to buy it until the end of the week.
I know DOTW will end next tuesday, is it the same for this second sale ?

vixlar

Vengeance and virtue is the first or the second marvel pack? I already have the first one (I love it)

----
Edit: Oh! Is the second one! Now to wait for the third and for the separate tables :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom