• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and Knuckles' new designs leaked

Meh, not so bad. Looks like not much was done to Sonic except for the scarf. Knuckles just looks like he got beefed up.

5OdSRaP.png

This made me laugh.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the Nike like white sign, on the G-Virus creature with Knuckles's head.

Gestault

This feels like a case of an architect being told his building is structurally unstable, and responding by changing its color.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sonic looks fine. Knuckles looks weird but it's no big deal. I've never really cared about the character designs anyway to be honest. So much so that it wasn't until people posted that I realised Sonic's arms are a different colour. I've played every game in the series and I didn't even notice the difference. Shows how much I give a shit. Same with the green eyes thing a few years ago. Gameplay is what I care about with this series.

Mahonay

Banned
It looks fine.

I'm not sure how anyone can be concerned about the new designs. Do you really care about Sonic in 2014?

Narroo

Just imagine the other designs they must have turned down from their team of artists. This was the best effort.

Could have been like with DmC and capcom where some executives kept going: "No, not different enough. More! Do this!" You know, the graphic designer's nightmare?

KoopaTheCasual

Wait, are people seriously comparing him to Nathan Drake because of a fucking scarf? So is Link (Hyrule Warriors) also a Nathan Drake rip-off, now? Some really dumb comments going on, here.

nns3d

Doesn't look bad considering their target audience. Not a fan of the redesigns but I didn't have any kind of interest in the Sonic cartoon anyway.

SykoTech

The fact that they just took Knuckles' old head and put it on a new, beefy body makes it look even weirder.

I think Sonic looks alright though.

daveo42

Banned
Knuckles is in hulk-mode and everyone has insanely long legs. Serious, the worst is the legs. Legs to infinity.

Edit: ^^lol at Sonic Boom. Should be Sonic Legs

:dreams of the scarf having Shinobi scarf physics:

I actually like the new Sonic design. Here's hoping we see a more reserved, less snarky Sonic. Could be cool.

That Knuckles, though... :|

Top Bottom