• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective Intro in GTA V

SigSig

These are done with double-exposure, right?
Cool stuff, wanted to try that ever since I saw an Photoshop tutorial, it looks stunning in motion.

ESwLHbE.gif

Probably because nobody cares about season 2.

Stan cares.

Sevenfold

Someone please link the other one that was done recently. Not from US so don't know the show but a sitcom(?) there was a side by side too and it also, was really well done.

kyser73

During the pan away from the murdrr scene at the end of Ep 1 I was struck by its resemblance to a similar coastal shot in the GTAV trailer.

Moff

Would have made infinitely more sense to do the season 2 opening considering it takes place in LA.

maybe he started working on this before season 2 was released.

but the main reason is probably that season 1 is a beloved masterpiece while no one cares about season 2

Ledhead

maybe he started working on this before season 2 was released.

but the main reason is probably that season 1 is a beloved masterpiece while no one cares about season 2

Pretty much. The drop in quality between 1 and 2 is mindblowing

Chris1

Pretty much. The drop in quality between 1 and 2 is mindblowing

Yep. TD S1 kept me watching throughout. Dropped S2 like a rock and have no intention of going back. Such a shame, I watch a lot of terrible shows too and don't drop them, goes to show how bad S2 was.

Anyways that vid was pretty good and better made than I expected it to be.

KDC720

Just finished season 2 yesterday actually. I didn't hate it like most, but there is a noticeable drop in quality for sure. Still thought it was decent though, and it did remind me a lot of GTA and Micheal Mann films.

Malice215

This makes me miss season one so much. Dropped season 2 after the first episode.

Really well done trailer in the GTAV engine.

Gbraga

the hyperbole on S2 is strong here. Drop in quality for sure, still better than 80% of the other TV shows.

Maybe, but I don't watch 80% of other TV shows, so this isn't a very good point to defend it. It was pretty bad, I don't care how many shows out there are worse.

Scanna

Maybe, but I don't watch 80% of other TV shows, so this isn't a very good point to defend it. It was pretty bad, I don't care how many shows out there are worse.

I don't think it was remotely close to something bad. Plus, the people who have quit after one episode are not allowed to have an opinion on a season, imo.
OT: nice job.

Gbraga

I don't think it was remotely close to something bad. Plus, the people who have quit after one episode are not allowed to have an opinion on a season, imo.
OT: nice job.

With that I have to agree with, it's pretty weird to me to see people saying they disliked it after watching one episode. I mean, it's their right, it would be ridiculous of me to imply you have to force yourself to watch something you don't enjoy just to make sure you're not enjoying it, but when it comes to direct comparisons, then you should definitely know both products with at least more depth than one episode.

Season 2 intro wasn't good though.

But yeah this is pretty cool

The song is pretty great.

Vitor711

I'll agree that S2 started slow and ponderous, but man, it really picked up. Anyone claiming a 'mindblowing' drop in quality without having seen the entire season really can't comment.

You're free to not enjoy the season, but don't critique something you haven't seen.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So awesome. One of my favorite shows of all time. First season is absolutely incredible.

Season 2 was a serious step down, but still an awesome show. Especially the latter half.

GavinUK86

That was awesome but I was expecting the credits to have GTA names not the original TD ones.

Ned Luke as Micheal De Santa for example, or even just Ned Luke.

And screw you all, I thought S2 was better than S1 :p

I've been told that Season 1 was amazing and to ignore the rest... accurate?

I haven't seen the second season yet, but the first was great, up to the last two episodes. They were still good, but not on the same level as what came before them. One of the best shows in years.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Haven't played the XB1/PS4/PC version of GTAV so I expected it to be about the song actually being in the game. Still though, very good opening put together, haven't seen S2 (Despite all the negative opinions I'll give it a go eventually) but the S1 is so good and I'm one of the few people who truly enjoyed GTAV throughout.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That was pretty damn awesome! This made me watch season 2's intro, and boy, I do not like the song at all.

Probably because nobody cares about season 2.

Yeah, this.

Top Bottom