• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Passionfruit is better than anything on Damn.
Why this negativity :[
FbY52Eu.gif
Lmao.
Damn that's fire.
Yeah been a group for over a year now
They ever putting together a full project? Thought they were supposed to.
Jesus christ this Keith Ape verse on Gospel

FUCK
Lmfao. I would have said good joke a few days ago but goddamn 🔥
I'm so hype for Vince on a SOPHIE-beat.
Man I don't know if I need that at all, but we'll see.

daffy

Banned
Banner actually delivered with God Box. Couple of missteps on here but overall it's great. Nice beats. Dope shit.
Agreed on the beats but this shit is super corny. Pretty woke though.. Makes me wanna go all rachel dolezal tbh fuck these honkies & fuck betty shelby

Playlisted two or three tracks though thanks for the heads up. Didn't know when it was releasing

I wanna get into three six, any good gateway songs or albums I should start with?

Bro.....you've made the right choice.

Anyway, I think Chapter 2 probably has a good balance between the eerie, menacing, darkness of their early material and the later, more banging hedonistic side. After that album, check out Mystic Stylez and Underground Vol. 1 for the former and When The Smoke Clears for the latter, perhaps. Of course, Chapter 1 is stellar as well. I also recommend Most Unknown Known as well. It's one of their most mainstream albums but full of great bangers. Da Unbreakables is decent.

Moonkid

Bro.....you've made the right choice.

Anyway, I think Chapter 2 probably has a good balance between the eerie, menacing, darkness of their early material and the later, more banging hedonistic side. After that album, check out Mystic Stylez and Underground Vol. 1 for the former and When The Smoke Clears for the latter, perhaps. I also recommend Most Unknown Known as well. It's one of their most mainstream albums but full of great bangers.
I'm liking these adjectives haha. Got Chapter 2 downloaded on Spotify ready to go for my bus into town tomorrow morning. Gonna note those albums too for later listening! Thanks for the comprehensive rec :)

Nibel

das lied ist zwar heftig aber es ist traurig dass du deine seele verkauft hast...
#killuminati

Die ganzen Illuminati Zeichen sind wegen Universal da Nimo ein Vertrag mit Universal hat und Universal satanisten sind

letztes jahr fischermütze jetzt mütze von meinem opa aus cafe amk

Alle mal einen Daumen Runter geben. Nimo hat seine Seele an Universal verkauft. Schade dass Fame ihn so verändert hat.. Was soll der illuminatenscheiss? Alle auf das video Daumen Runter, vll können wir den alten Nimo zurückholen! #FREENIMO #FUCKillu #Killuminati

dCyIADd.gif

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I thought XO Tour Life was a Gafhop inside joke but it came on in the club last night and everyone loved it.

[skinner_am_i_out_of_touch.jpg]

Jmon :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Posted? Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish.

Liam Payne ft. Quavo - Strip That Down. Interesting that despite Offset doing the most on Bad and Boujee, Quavo is still the one getting the most work out here
for good reason

I thought XO Tour Life was a Gafhop inside joke but it came on in the club last night and everyone loved it.

[skinner_am_i_out_of_touch.jpg]

Jmon :(

I'll stop blasting it......one of these days
full
This is literally what I told myself yesterday.

but then 5 minutes later

XANNY HELP THE PAIN OUT
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSE
XANNY MAKE IT GO AWAY

tumblr_nkv2h09pxs1qd5mq1o1_500.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
and then 5 minutes later

PUSH ME TO THE EDGE
ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD

zfv9fk1hiojedpxgjylj.gif

EDIT: This T-Pain/Wayne album is so bad omg. No wonder this didn't drop. No bangers, no great pop songs, no good hooks, these beats are goofy as hell, T-Pain is rapping more than he needs to with some really cringeworthy lines, yeesh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I actually haven't listened to P2P (fuck it there's a drought ATM, might as well listen next) but Habaesha is the best thing since Venis. Didn't really like anything he put out between Venis and now.

Venis got so many bbq jams breh how can you say it sucked

she don't need collagen for her cheeks and
shawty fleekin
and that ass on 10
hot cayenne

tumblr_mwcmoimrrt1qlovlvo1_250.gif

Also this Playboi Carti tape would be better as an instrumental tape without question, he actively makes these songs worse and the project more of a slog than it would be if someone who did more than ad libs would be on there. Also half of the songs sound like demos for the other half, like Lame N***az and Wokeuplikethis*.

Koozek

I don't think they were as known in the US (the second one wasn't even released there) as over here in Europe, but Kelis' first two albums are still two of my all-time faves (fully Neptunes-produced).

YOU TOOK MY HEARTBEAT FROM ME
THIS IS THE SADDEST STORY
WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY LOVE?
WAS IT I LOVED YOU POORLY?
WHATEVER IT WAS, I JUST WANNA GET ALONG WITH YOU

gZWgzxO.gif

Icolin

Banned
I don't think they were as known in the US (the second one wasn't even released there) as over here in Europe, but Kelis' first two albums are still two of my all-time faves (fully Neptunes-produced).

THIS IS THE SADDEST STORY
WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY LOVE?
WAS IT I LOVED YOU POORLY?
WHATEVER IT WAS, I JUST WANNA GET ALONG WITH YOU

gZWgzxO.gif

I only really know Kelis from that time Jay-Z namedropped her in Clique, but I'll try to rectify that soon. Hopefully she's as good as the foreign rap you've been recommending, which is flames.

Koozek

I only really know Kelis from that time Jay-Z namedropped her in Clique, but I'll try to rectify that soon. Hopefully she's as good as the foreign rap you've been recommending, which is flames.
Btw, I meant Kaleidoscope and Wanderlust in case both aren't on US streaming services. If you like the classic, early 00's Neptunes/Pharrell sound, you should like these too! Her albums after that were pretty different sound-wise, see songs like Bossy or Milkshake, which was her first US success, IIRC.

She was also Nas' wife (it's part of her wedding dress that he held in his hands on the cover of his last album after their divorce).

FZZ

Banned
Someone needs to explain to me why there are two version of XO Tour Llif3

the initial digital download that wasn't on SC has much better quality than the Youtube/SC version, as well as clearer lyrics

but it looks like they updated the digital download/streaming versions and now it's all the Youtube/SC version

regardless I just downloaded the Youtube/SC version and now I'm gonna be listening to both back to back on repeat

nearing 400 plays on this song

Koozek

the initial digital download that wasn't on SC has much better quality than the Youtube/SC version, as well as clearer lyrics

but it looks like they updated the digital download/streaming versions and now it's all the Youtube/SC version

regardless I just downloaded the Youtube/SC version and now I'm gonna be listening to both back to back on repeat

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/lil-uzi...d-to-spotify-and-apple-music-news.30693.html?

Where can I hear the "cleaner" version?

The one on itunes/apple music/spotify is a rerecorded version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom