• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

RC

Banned
I believe in Kesler, he'll do it. I believe in Henrik, he'll do it. I believe in the team, they'll do it.

I'm starting to think I'm the Anti-Tabris. For all your positivity and belief, I have nothing but negativity and disdain. You must be a happy person.

Tabris

I have a good life, so it's not right for me to ask for anything, but I want this so badly!! More than perhaps anything right now. Good things happen. I believe in them.

I believe in Kesler, he'll do it. I believe in Henrik, he'll do it. I believe in the team, they'll do it.

isz8I32PaShBi.gif

I have a good life, so it's not right for me to ask for anything, but I want this so badly!! More than perhaps anything right now. Good things happen. I believe in them.

iUiueeArbBIB3.jpg

I should've unignored him sooner, shit. Playoff Tabris is a goldmine.

Tabris

good things happen to hard working hockey teams, not divers and whiners.

Henrik and Daniel are the most charitable people in the NHL right now. The Canucks foundation which I try to donate to whenever I can (not much but I try) does wonderful things for BC kids. They are good people.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Henrik and Daniel are the most charitable people in the NHL right now. The Canucks foundation which I try to donate to whenever I can (not much but I try) does wonderful things for BC kids. They are good people.

I know you mean well, my friend, but... It's okay. Just let go. handonshoulder.jpg It will be for the best.

Revenant

What about people like you that whine and post relentlessly about one team? What's your fate, Rev?

life is going pretty well so apparently quite favorable! and your forget I talk about the hawks on occasion so I whine and post relentlessly about two teams!

What if the Nucks do come back and Tabris is right.

What if Tabris is right?

If Tabris is right the only thing that could happen is existence folding in on itself, and the universe shall be reborn in the shape of a Canucks logo.

Tabris can't be right because the universe is in the balance.

Smiley90

RC

Banned
He does deserve some credit for his commitment to the craft. Although his unwillingness to embrace the avatar/ban bet revealed that he has to bend eventually. Unfortunate.

None of this will matter come Thursday morning anyway. Once all the empty beer bottles have been swept away and the throbbing headaches subsided, we'll be left with nothing.

Revenant

None of this will matter come Thursday morning anyway. Once all the empty beer bottles have been swept away and the throbbing headaches have subsided, we'll be left with nothing.

on the plus side isn't this team pretty locked up for the next few years? I mean I know the "it's always next year" thing sucks to hear but doesn't look like the nucks will bottom out for the next few years.

Smiley90

None of this will matter come Thursday morning anyway. Once all the empty beer bottles have been swept away and the throbbing headaches subsided, we'll be left with nothing.

I'm picking up a sixpack after my last final and am fully expecting to be done with it by the end of the game. It will be glorious.

on the plus side isn't this team pretty locked up for the next few years? I mean I know the "it's always next year" thing sucks to hear but doesn't look like the nucks will bottom out for the next few years.

We're good for next year with only Rome (and perhabs Salo, if he still has it in him) to re-sign. The year after we'll have Malhotra, Higgins, Burrows and Edler (and perhaps Lapierre, he seems a good fit for us). The core is luckily all locked up for like 4 years, which leaves us with less worries, but also less cap space to fill holes. So yeah "we're locked up for next year" goes both ways. If we get swept in the first round this year, we won't have enough cap space to make any drastic changes. Which is why a 1st round exit hurts even more, because it means we're by far not good enough.

snack

Our 1-2 goaltending tandem will be no more.

RC

Banned

One of the advantages of playing in the worst division in hockey.

What if Tabris is right?

His chance to be "right" was last season. Everything since then has just been even more as pathetic and amusing as the next.

"I don't want to ask for anything except the one thing I don't have"

You'd make a terrible poor person.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Soooooo my question about Vigneault being available after these playoffs last week wasn't so far fetched now was it aha.....what happens to him and Schneider in the off season?

My roommate and I polished off a bottle of wine.

I need more alcohol. Thank god we have a bar.

Also:

CANUCKS-GAF WEDNESDAY PLAYOFFS MEETUP OF JORDAN SCHROEDER IS OUR FUTURE

Socreges

Banned
We won't be left with nothing. We'll be left with Team Canada. And the misery of others.

Revenant said:
This isn't the salty Revenant I know. What's happened? Stockholm Syndrome?

Canucks' potential problem for next year will be some growing frustration/indifference.

Red_Man, Vigneault will probably return. Schneider will be traded. Gillis needs to not fuck that one up like he did with Hodgson.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Red_Man, Vigneault will probably return. Schneider will be traded. Gillis needs to not fuck that one up like he did with Hodgson.
I wonder if this means Lou plays for Canada at the WC.... also what happens with the roster? Stays relatively the same? You said there's not enough heart and soul guys, do they keep the core and strip the rest? It will be very interesting anyways.

FOOTE

Let's GO BLUES. Beat The Sharks!

Biggest game in years for the Blues later tonight . Not a must win, but they need to get one in SJ and it would be nice to get that out of the way tonight.

Obviously, Elliott is starting after The Genius ran over Halak.

Keep your composure, Blues.

El Tigre

0zXzi.png

Outplay the opposition, get into penalty trouble, fight back, and still can't get past an incredibly hot goalie. Ever since Sutter took over the Kings, they've had the Canucks on near lock through the regular season and this post-season is no different. Dammit, why'd the Sharks have to win that last game? They would have been far easier to deal with.

Well, at least we're not Toronto.
You're right.

While the Leafs are losers since '67, the Canucks are losers for life.

Queue the riots.

Socreges

Banned
Habs top six filled with four "UFA TBD"?

downloader.php

You're right.

While the Leafs are losers since '67, the Canucks are losers for life.

Queue the riots.
You're right.

My team hasn't made the playoffs in eight years and just finished 26th in the NHL. But at least they won a Cup in a 6-team league two dozen years before I was born.

Comforting.

Alucard

Banned
Ust got up and saw the Canucks score.

Is this a situation where the Canucks have forgotten how to play, or did they just run into a hot goalie?j

So pissed I have to sleep and miss the end of this. Great game. I fully expect the Nucks to pull it out. They've been pretty dominant. Kings win would be pure will from Quick.

Woke up and saw the final. Holy shit. Sorry Nucks-Gaf. I'm rooting for the Kings, but your team really did let you down on this one. Quick is a motherfucking boss.

Not over.

Bish you should change Tabris' tag to something like "fool me twice" and then have link to a pic that says 15/16 + 0/16 = no cups.

I imagine this would be though for you being a Canucks fan but I am sure he drives you nuts just like the rest of us.

Top Bottom