• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy fucking shit, I was hoping there would be a magazine exclusive on this before year's end.

I was expecting one of those retarded contentless "Day 1" bumps when I saw this thread on the first page again. needless to say, I'm pleasantly surprised.

schuelma said:
Has GI ever had a Wii exclusive on its cover?

That would have nothing to do with GI system bias, and everything to do with the facts that (a) Nintendo itself is incredibly secretive, with rare exceptions being GI's Prime 2 and Red Steel exclusives, and EGM's Twilight Princess "Revolution" cover, and (b) there really have been very few third-party Wii exclusives that are high-profile enough to justify a cover story in a Western magazine.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Father_Brain said:
That would have nothing to do with GI system bias, and everything to do with the facts that (a) Nintendo itself is incredibly secretive, with rare exceptions being GI's Prime 2 and Red Steel exclusives, and EGM's Twilight Princess "Revolution" cover, and (b) there really have been very few third-party Wii exclusives that are high-profile enough to justify a cover story in a Western magazine.

Hmm, Your point B is a good one. I don't know..just seems like the GI audience is more HD focused and Disney would unveil a Wii exclusive somewhere else.

schuelma said:
Hmm, Your point B is a good one. I don't know..just seems like the GI audience is more HD focused and Disney would unveil a Wii exclusive somewhere else.

I agree with this too. It certainly seems strange, but it's a welcome change. Anything to get those consumers buying more 3rd party Wii games. >_<

StuBurns

Banned
I'd prefer it on a HD console, but if he wants to make a Wii game, I'm buying it. If anything a PC SKU along with Wii would appear to make sense in terms of Spector's fans and who would be interested in his project. But I think he's name enough for people to want to know what he's doing regardless of what platform it's heading to.

schuelma said:

Well, there's also the fact that this is Warren Spector's baby, and revealing this kind of game to the HD crowd as a Wii exclusive would certainly elicit a bigger reaction than revealing it in Nintendo Power.

Firestorm

Oh man I am so glad I clicked this again :eek: I thought the project was dead. But come on Game Informer. Prove you aren't a waste of a magazine.

And put me behind the "hope it's 360/PS3/PC" camp. I want whatever comes out of that concept art to look awesome. Also seems weird as people said for a Nintendo game to headline GI instead of Nintendo Power. Especially with how good Nintendo Power has gotten since the Metroid Prime 2 cover =P

Firestorm said:
And put me behind the "hope it's 360/PS3/PC" camp.

It's a troll camp, you know that, right?

Personally I can't wait for details on this game to come out. Whatever platform, I don't care, I just can't wait to see it. There were beautiful games pre-HD, and there have been beautiful games post-HD, despite not being in HD. If this is in fact a Wii exclusive, I hope it's gorgeous and plays incredibly well.

Just can't wait for any information at all. The concept art is great -- now let's hear about the game.

I don't really get the concept of it being less likely to be a Wii exclusive because it's GI. The reason why GI doesn't do a lot of big Wii reveals is probably because 3rd parties don't do a lot of blockbuster Wii games, particularly western developers. Whatever their personal biases as editors I don't think the magazine would pass on the publicity this sort of announcement could garner. I'm not saying the game will necessarily be a Wii exclusive btw; I just don't think the fact that it's an exclusive cover story points towards any particular console.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wasn't trying to say GI is biased against the Wii, guys..just that it seems to be that a lot of the subscriber based is HD and so it makes sense to me that Disney would unveil it in this mag only if the HD twins are included. Maybe I'm wrong, just a theory.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
AceBandage said:
Well, there's also the fact that this is Warren Spector's baby, and revealing this kind of game to the HD crowd as a Wii exclusive would certainly elicit a bigger reaction than revealing it in Nintendo Power.
Indeed.

Also, the paint drip makes it seem like CV&G was right on the money.

We've since been told that it's a Wii-exclusive where you paint your way through levels using the Wii Remote. This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go. Capcom's Okami immediately springs to mind but we've not got enough info to go on to make any kind of informed judgement.

As for the story, we've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey, presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune. We Googled 'early Disney characters' and found that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit returned a lot of hits. A bit before even CVG's time all that though.

Firestorm

Well those links seem to say Wii. I do hope the art style is similar to the amazing images in the concept work. Yeah, I didn't pay attention to this topic much at all before because I thought the project was scrapped. I'm at Stage 1 of this whole thing now =P
timetokill said:
It's a troll camp, you know that, right?

Personally I can't wait for details on this game to come out. Whatever platform, I don't care, I just can't wait to see it. There were beautiful games pre-HD, and there have been beautiful games post-HD, despite not being in HD. If this is in fact a Wii exclusive, I hope it's gorgeous and plays incredibly well.

Just can't wait for any information at all. The concept art is great -- now let's hear about the game.
Wait, I'm a troll because I want it on a platform that it could look its best on? Get over yourself.

AceBandage said:
If they are, it's only because the "OMG! IF IT'S NOT HD IT SUCKS!" crowed agitated them.
I don't remember saying "OMG! IF IT'S NOT HD IT SUCKS!" nor agitating anyway. Fuck off.

StuBurns

Banned
This won't end well. Can we agree we all just want it on the platform we prefer and not name those specific platforms so as not to upset anyone?

Firestorm said:
Well those links seem to say Wii. I do hope the art style is similar to the amazing images in the concept work. Yeah, I didn't pay attention to this topic much at all before because I thought the project was scrapped. I'm at Stage 1 of this whole thing now =PWait, I'm a troll because I want it on a platform that it could look its best on? Get over yourself.

I don't remember saying "OMG! IF IT'S NOT HD IT SUCKS!" nor agitating anyway. Fuck off.

I never said you did specifically, but let's face it.
That's how a good majority of people think.

Sipowicz

Banned
Firestorm said:

calm the fuck down man. we're all fucking friends here

i'm a bit conflicted. the visuals would be better on hd systems, the painting stuff would be cooler on wii + platformers sell better on it

i just hope it's not ps3/360 only, that would suck. i only have a psp, wii and pc

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Okamiden Part Deux.

okamiden looks class

stuburns said:
Can we agree we all just want it on the platform we prefer and not name those specific platforms so as not to upset anyone?

As long as we all agree that the preferred platform is HD capable.

Sipowicz said:
calm the fuck down man. we're all fucking friends here

i'm a bit conflicted. the visuals would be better on hd systems, the painting stuff would be cooler on wii + platformers sell better on it

The painting stuff would be awesome on PC.

jay

This better be on 360/PS3 so it's not constrained by weak Wii graphics.
This better be on PC so it's not constrained by weak console graphics.
This better be in the matrix so it's not constrained by weak reality graphics.

Does that cover everything?

AltogetherAndrews said:
Of course, with the latest tech from MS and Sony, we could get that stuff and crazy awesome HD visuals. HD generation, fuck yeah!
HD for kids should really just go away. If it's not 60fps at 1080p, it might as well be a Wii game, so I sure don't mind saving $10.

Edit: The above isn't entirely serious, but the sentiment is one I've expressed before.

stuburns said:
This won't end well. Can we agree we all just want it on the platform we prefer and not name those specific platforms so as not to upset anyone?

If GAF could pull together to do this, it would be about 500% more tolerable in general.

lyre

Thank you all you assholes for ruining yet another thread with console whinging bullshit based on unconfirmed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom