• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG! ...why are Mass Effect non-mutant women impossible to make?

imknlc.jpg

dgjgus.jpg

5yi3gn.jpg

I've restared like 10 times now. Basically female shepard + Vanguard is fun ...default Male soldier shepard is monotone and provides boring gameplay

...but fuck it's impossible to make a decent looking lady. Sucks too as I want this to be my carry over character for ME2 =(

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
They all definitely suffer from a case of Gillian Anderson being smashed around the face with a frying pan :(

Aaron

I made quite a nice looking lady for Mass Effect myself. I think the key was going with the blonde, short hair. Most of the hair variations in the game look like crap.

PS - Get a better nose. She looks like she's been snorting coke for 20 years.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
default Female Shepard seemed fine to me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Did a quick search for the Mass Effect squad picture thread

Evelyn07.jpg

FACIAL STRUCTURE
Facial Structure 6
Skin Tone 3
Complexion 2
Scar 0

HEAD
Neck Thickness 0
Face Size 9
Cheek Width 7
Cheek Bones 5
Cheek Gaunt 19
Ears Size 11
Ears Orientation 12

EYES
Eye Shape 7
Eye Height 24
Eye Width 9
Eye Depth 18
Brow Depth 17
Brow Height 14
Iris Color 3

JAW
Chin Height 30
Chin Depth 23
Chin Width 6
Jaw Width 6

MOUTH
Mouth Shape 7
Mouth Depth 18
Mouth Width 0
Lip Size 17
Mouth Height 30

NOSE
Nose Shape 5
Nose Height 0
Nose Depth 6

HAIR
Hair Color 0
Hair 5
Brow 12
Brow Color 4

MAKEUP
Blush 0
Lip Color 6
Eye Shadow Color 2

0 = all the way to the left

et voila

Chinner

Banned
I disagree. Making a good looking custom male Shepard is impossible while it's pretty achievable for the female Shepard.

Mekere

The nose is ok, lips on the other hand... She looks like she went under a bad lips surgery, too much pouting.

Monocle

My female Shep looks like she has a duck bill for lips, and I didn't realize it until well into my playthrough. It's a sad story.

I made an Audrey Tautou lookalike that came out pretty decent.

It took ages though. And the neck is turned out too skinny. Oh well, I hope ME2 lets us marginally edit characters before embarking on the character transfer.

I thought it was pretty easy. My only real complaint was that the women don't get any bitchin' scars like the guys do.

If you want a game where it's impossible to make your character look like a mutant try playing Oblivion...

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
character creation for both genders was pretty disappointing. but you can get a decent looking shepard if you really try.

Mine was alright. She had a tiny scar on her left (or right?) eyebrow, product of a drunken fight.

Edit: Typo. My Shepard wasn't that ugly. :p

Next time, I'm gonna make one that looks exactly like Ashley for extreme awkwardness.

SteelAttack said:
Mine was alright. She had a tiny scar on his left (or right?) eyebrow, product of a drunken fight.

orion434

I made a Red-head and she looked bad-ass... and I went renegade path with her and she put everyone in their place.

Dyno

I've got no picture to show but I found African skin colour to be the most realistic. They've got the shine down just like real skin with that colour.

I've got a male, medium brown skin, bright yellow brushcut (dye job) and those striking blue eyes. He's totally mixed, a man from the future.

Johann

Female Shepards are easy to make after some trial and error. Duck lips and bad hair are the hard parts.

Wow, I had no idea it was possible to make a good looking female Shepard. Now I wish I could start over but I already spent too many hours on my current game (which I haven't touched in a year or so).

Maybe one day I'll get around to finishing this game, and start a second character. Maybe.

LQX

When I lost my Mass Effect save which I spent countless hours on what botherd me most was loseing my custom female character which I thought came out looking way better than the defaults. She seemed so perfect.

Dipper145

This is the only thing that bugged me about Mass Effect. Making a decent looking character. Even the default one, his lips just bug me so much. They are so huge and flappy.

It took me several tries to turn out a decent looking character. I don't know why but every white person I made ended up looking horrible, but the first black person I made turned out to look awsome.

It's probably best to go to the ME forums and search for some sort of predesigned faces. It would probably be a lot faster if you do that rather than making 8 faces until you find one that works.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
wow, this thread is nearly as creepy as the OT figurine thread.

i made a jonbones-look-a-like for mass effect, it was pretty good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I got the same vibe when creating a custom face that I got when playing Star Wars Galaxies or Fallout/Elder Scrolls...that all humans have to look disgusting.

I felt like Bioware was keeping the secret to creating beautiful people from me. The default male Shepard looks like a model, with his dreamy eyes and all.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Princess Skittles said:
Most Western developed games female models look like men. It's gross.

Japanese games - where the men look like women
American games - the women look like men

:p

Top Bottom