• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piichan

Banned
"Kill yourself" is one of my favorite bits from Bosman v Wozniak, so I lost my shit when Kyle said it during the podcast.

The monthly tourneys is my favorite stream but ya’ll gotta pick a game with a low learning curve like lethal league or bushido blade. It’s boring to watch Damiani streamroll everyone. MK64 was the exception of course, hypest stream so far.

wiibomb

"Kill yourself" is one of my favorite bits from Bosman v Wozniak, so I lost my shit when Kyle said it during the podcast.

I knew I heard it from somewhere! when I heard it I didn't know exactly from which piece of EZA lore I heard it...

Budi

The extra Love & Respect to Patreon supporters was excellent. I would really like this to be quite a regular thing also. Would be great 5 dollar tier reward. Even if done just few times a month. It could push some people to raise their pledge. I don't feel it would be "overpriced". I'm not a MGS evangelist, but I like the series, even the fourth one that seems to be least liked around here in GAF (even while it was GAF Goty). So I was happy to hear Huber's thoughts on it. It's not my favorite MGS, I like 1,3 and 5 more but Old Snake is my favorite Snake too. Also the "say something nice" game was really fun to watch, I was bit bummed that Kyle dropped out so fast. But holy shit, Brandon can twist anything to positive, it was great.

Interesting, did you follow the OT when the game released? From what I remember the perfomance was criticized and some people didn't like the added round timers. But because of the insane mod support at launch this wasn't a problem at all. Other than that I remember it being positive.

Oh also, the two latest Fiasco episodes have been very good. Kyle is starting to become my MVP Fiasco player, since he bounced so well with Ben and Brandon. Their character interactions were the best. While Ben and Brandon were my favorites, it was always Kyle on the other side of conversation. I hope Fiasco would become more regular thing. And the little more grounded wedding Fiasco was great, not every game needs to end in a massacre.

For real. Kyle's massive experience with comedy and improv is coming to play really well here.

Swimming in to OT2 like
benvr.gif

posting because I use to like The Final Bosman. when's that coming back?

If you want the Bosman's news talking abilities see the Easy Allies Podcast
If you want the Bosman's humor and lore building see Tabletop Escapades

Kyle did try a Final Bosman substitute called "Bosman at Home" but it's on hiatus

Giever

I hate people using the "kill yourself" joke outside of Bos v. Woz's stream. Devoid of context, it's just mean and can be disturbing. Intent and explaining it after the fact doesn't matter if the person still had someone tell them to kill themselves. It's even worse when it's invariably through text, since you can't even get the smarmy teenager voice to go along with it and soften the blow.

I hate people using the "kill yourself" joke outside of Bos v. Woz's stream. Devoid of context, it's just mean and can be disturbing. Intent and explaining it after the fact doesn't matter if the person still had someone tell them to kill themselves. It's even worse when it's invariably through text, since you can't even get the smarmy teenager voice to go along with it and soften the blow.
That's the entire point of the bit. A kid being a piece of shit and using the harshest possible language in totally unnecessary situations

It's an EZA bit being joked about in the EZA thread, you don't have people going in the Palmer thread telling people to kill themselves

ito007

Nice thread Auctopus!

I am really enjoying watching Kyle play Spyro. The camera looks like a mess but it's a pretty endearing game so far. Going to Kyle's point, I like how it takes itself really seriously despite being cheesy.

Giever

That's the entire point of the bit. A kid being a piece of shit and using the harshest possible language in totally unnecessary situations

It's an EZA bit being joked about in the EZA thread, you don't have people going in the Palmer thread telling people to kill themselves

I understand the bit, but I respectfully disagree. Not even all the allies are aware of all of the EZA memes (honestly, how could they keep track?), and I've seen it misunderstood both in Twitch chat, and even in the original OT here. And it isn't a pleasant thing to misunderstand.

I agree. It's a very intense thing to misunderstand and I kinda wish that people would keep it to the Tetris streams.

I'm not even sure the rest of the panel understood where the kill yourself joke came from when Kyle said it on the latest podcast.

UrbanRats

Finally got around to watch Fiasco.
This might have been the best or at least top 3 Fiasco they've ever done.

They were all on point, fired up from the start, but Jones was the MVP, considering this was his first time, too.
Now i'm gonna campaign in the streets for him to intrude TTE in some capacity!
ARE YOU READING THIS BEN?!

I think you're overstating its importance a bit. It's an in-joke on one of their streams, not something we all (or even all the allies) hear/use all the time.

I think it's fine on BosvWoz but I don't think it works outside of that context.

Really loved Regina's wedding, definitely one of the best fiasco's they've done. Thought the easy update Fiasco was weaker with Ian's friends not being as into it as the others but everybody pulled their weight on this one.
Would love to see Fiasco be a monthly thing, a lot of the eza crew have a real talent for it and seem to have a lot of fun too.

UrbanRats

Really loved Regina's wedding, definitely one of the best fiasco's they've done. Thought the easy update Fiasco was weaker with Ian's friends not being as into it as the others but everybody pulled their weight on this one.
Would love to see Fiasco be a monthly thing, a lot of the eza crew have a real talent for it and seem to have a lot of fun too.

Same.
Fiasconauts needs to be a thing.

Auctopus

Managed to add a few minor improvements this afternoon...

1. Professional VA, cameo streamer and Brandon Jones' wife, Amanda Troop has been added to the Links section.

2. I had some feedback about the font so I've changed it to a more fitting font...

3. Added a link to the GT Archive at the bottom of the page. Seeing as we're getting more and more ex-GT fans finding EZA, I thought this would be a useful link to have at the bottom of the OP.

Servbot24

Banned
I like Fiasco as a spontaneous thing rather than regularly scheduled programming, leaves them open to play other games or whatever they feel like doing

Chris Kay

Neo Member
Can I make a suggestion for a future stream/series?

I'd love to see EZA do a 4 player coop Divinity Original Sin 2 play-through in full RP mode.

shield

I know it's highly unlikely, but it would be cool if EZA did a non video game/movie related podcast sometime. Something like the GameOverGreggy show, I guess. Going through some crazy heartache right now and it would be nice to hear the Allies' experiences, advice, and just sort of life lessons, really

I like Fiasco as a spontaneous thing rather than regularly scheduled programming, leaves them open to play other games or whatever they feel like doing
I'd like something like once a month for Fiasco, I wouldn't want weekly/bi-weekly just to keep it special. Plus then you don't have episodes becoming samey because you need to create a new story and characters every time

A non-game show would definitely be welcome but at the moment it seems like those kind of discussions are just in streams most of the time. Another podcast means getting everyone together again which is currently their biggest hurdle to making stuff

AlucardGV

Banned
I know it's highly unlikely, but it would be cool if EZA did a non video game/movie related podcast sometime. Something like the GameOverGreggy show, I guess. Going through some crazy heartache right now and it would be nice to hear the Allies' experiences, advice, and just sort of life lessons, really

more shows are of corse welcome but without studio i think they're pretty much at their limit with the amount of stuff they produce. remember kinda funny has 2 patreons

shield

A non-game show would definitely be welcome but at the moment it seems like those kind of discussions are just in streams most of the time. Another podcast means getting everyone together again which is currently their biggest hurdle to making stuff

more shows are of corse welcome but without studio i think they're pretty much at their limit with the amount of stuff they produce. remember kinda funny has 2 patreons

Oh yeah, I know it's a pipe dream right now, but it would be nice to see something like that come to fruition at some point down the line

mcw

Kyle Bosman.

I want you to know that I will never forgive you for the heinous shit you said about Toaster Strudel.

sora87

Oh yeah, I know it's a pipe dream right now, but it would be nice to see something like that come to fruition at some point down the line

I think they could put some conversations like that into Frame Trap if they get the right emails.

Budi

Can I make a suggestion for a future stream/series?

I'd love to see EZA do a 4 player coop Divinity Original Sin 2 play-through in full RP mode.

I would love this, but I also wouldn't want to spoil the game for myself. Would definitely watch it after I complete the game though. But that might take few years.

Mista Koo

Just watched the wedding fiasco and oh man my chest and throat hurt from all the laughter. I love how there are so many soft plot lines and none of them gets the focus or plays out like you expect them to.
I thought the love triangle would be the main plot point. Also loved Bosman's and Huber's endings, probably my all time favorites.

Between the podcast and this I think this is my favorite allies grouping.

Toaster Strudel are boring pastries that are no where near as good as the commercials make them look

Pop Tarts are always exactly as expected without having to waste time toasting and making a mess with frosting

mcw

Toaster Strudel are boring pastries that are no where near as good as the commercials make them look

Pop Tarts are always exactly as expected without having to waste time toasting and making a mess with frosting

Pop Tarts are sugar bricks. Toaster Strudel are flaky and filled with delicious fruit goop; putting more sugar on top is optional thanks to the separate icing.

I ate a Pop Tart once and a ghost attacked me on the way to school. Never again.

Pop Tarts are sugar bricks. Toaster Strudel are flaky and filled with delicious fruit goop; putting more sugar on top is optional thanks to the separate icing.

I ate a Pop Tart once and a ghost attacked me on the way to school. Never again.
Ghost knew you weren't worthy, ghosts just know things like that

Cinnamon brown sugar is trash though, no arguments there. Cookies and Cream is god tier but technically not a great thing for breakfast

Just love the idea of Huber being a DJ and wanting to DJ his son's wedding, the equipment breaking, and him just sitting at the bar, drunk and depressed, as he watches someone play a guitar really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom