• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Famassu said:
Heh, as of this moment, I really don't give a shit about Capcom anymore, outside of Layton vs. Wright and other possible Gyakuten/Shu Takumi IPs (though, with the silence surrounding PLvsPW, I guess it's only a matter of time until they announce its cancelment too).

I'd be more concerned about PLvsPW just not coming over to the US. :(

*sob*

Gravijah said:
It's the most delicious way to eat your feelings.

Do I want to eat abject sadness?

Mafro

Such a trash company these days compared to what they used to be. If it wasn't for RE: Revelations I wouldn't have any interest in them at all.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Seriously, fuck you Capcom. That was fucked up.

I need to shoot at something right now. Quake Live time.

This was one of the few games that looked really fresh from Capcom. It is so obscure how much lack of support Mega Man has gotten, opposed to last generation. We have not gotten any new Mega Man franchise games other than 9 and 10 this generation. I wont complain as those games were pretty good, but I wouldnt be surprised that there wont be any Mega Man title for a long time. The best someone could do is make a spiritual Mega Man game outside Capcom that is, as they are hopeless.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That's... really stupid. Why not at least release the Prototype first?

So much teasing, to end up with nothing worthwhile to show for it? The Christmas art from last year will be a cruel tease, now...

Why announce such a thing before Evo, anywho? It gives a negative spin to Capcom as a whole, a bit of a "screw fan involvement, we're still a business!" kinda feel, which community events kinda try to gloss over.

The questionnaire after the blog post is pretty decent, though. I'm glad it cuts to the chase of a lot of lingering questions. But this situation really shouldn't have ever happened!

They really are trying to make a lot of stupid decisions right now... as dumb as Dragon's Dogma not having co-op!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised they would skip the chance of trying to monetize on underdeveloped software. Maybe Nintendo didn't approved the game for 3DSware?

Foffy

Banned
Man..I thought they really did delay the demo because of quality reasons.

I guess they delayed the demo because they were unsure of ever finishing the game?

Kaizer

Banned
Not surprising, Inafune's departure kickstarted the inevitable. It really sucks though, I was planning to get a 3DS whenever this released.

GSR

Fuck.

Capcom has really done a 180 in my eyes since even last year. Suddenly my concerns that Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney isn't going to make it seem valid.

Please don't fuck up Off the Record, Please don't fuck up Off The Record...

*reads that Off The Record has easier bosses and a more accessible checkpoint/save system*

Fucking Capcom. God, go put these guys with the rest of the team and get them to work on that Dogma. That's all you bastards seem to care about anyways.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Krev said:
Coming never. It took years to convince Capcom to even consider the project, and all they would commit to is a 'prototype' demo.

Besides, this is a a Japanese developer, not an American one.
To be fair to him, Capcom actually has a pretty big iOS line-up: http://www.capcommobile.com/games.php

Capcom said:
-Street Fighter IV: Volt
-Monster HunteR: Dynamic Hunting
-Resident Evil Mercenaries Vs.
-Devil May Cry 4 (spin-off)
-Dead Rising (spin-off)
-Capcom Arcade
-Ghosts 'N Goblin: Gold Nights II
-1942: First Strike
-Phoenix Right: Ace Attorney (Actual Game)
-Dark Void: Zero
-Street Fighter IV (spin-off)
-Ghosts 'N Goblin: Gold Knights
-Bomblink
-Resident Evil 4 (spin-off)
-Resident Evil: Degeneration
-Mega Man II
-Ghost Trick (Actual Game, Japan Only so far)
That's not counting their f2p games like Smurfs Village as well.

storafötter said:
This was one of the few games that looked really fresh from Capcom. It is so obscure how lack of support Mega Man has gotten, opposed to last generation. We have not gotten any new Mega Man franchise games other than 9 and 10 this generation. I wont complain as those games were pretty good, but I wouldnt be surprised that there wont be any Mega Man title for a long time. The best someone could do is make a spiritual Mega Man game, Inafune should be capable.
That is not true. We had Mega Man ZX, ZX Advent, Star Force 1-3 too. Course Capcom isn't supporting those series either.

B.K.

Expected, but still, fuck Capcom. If they never had any intention to make the game, it should have never been announced to begin with.

DR2K

Banned
C-Jo said:
Aside from them both being 3DS games, I don't get how one has anything to do with the other, but hey, Capcom!

Well with RE being their number one franchise, and it couldn't do anything on the 3DS, how is a much less popular one supposed to?

TreIII

Box of Bunnies said:
It was probably Inafune keeping the franchise afloat before he left. It's not like the series is a sales juggernaut.

It certainly was last gen. Remember EXE/Battle Network?

But it seems like as soon as the EXE well went dry (no thanks to Capcom's own mishandling of it, thanks to Ryuusei/Star Force), that was basically what put Megaman right back into the niche department.

Still, can't believe Capcom. But eh, yet ANOTHER victim of Modern-Day Capcom who doesn't know how to market their own damn properties.

OGKcB.gif

CAPCOOOOM

It was canceled the moment Inafking left. Without him, the project was left stranded in the water.

The only choice Capcom had left to make was whether or not to salvage the project by 'selling' the incomplete game as a demo and then 'canceling' it and citing a lack of interest as the reason. They made the correct decision.

Mega man Legends was Inafune's baby. Without him, it wouldn't have been worth it anyway.

RIP Blue Bomber.

He went out with Mega Buster-powered bang with Mega Man 9 and 10. I am thankful for that.

Top Bottom