• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 (PSN) games with local multiplayer?

decon

Me and a few friends will be chilling this evening and I was wondering if gaf could recommend us some good local multiplayer games, they have be on PSN since there isn't a video game store around. We've already have played the shit out of Tekken, CAC and CRT.

And yes i stole the title from the 360 thread :)

maxax

Wipeout HD
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Super Stardust HD

All very awesome local multiplayer games.

maxax

Tntnnbltn said:
How many controllers do you have? How many players would you be able to support simultaneously?
Good question.
With 3 or more players I especially recommend PJE and Bionic Commando Versus Mode.

Greg

womfalcs3 said:
High Velocity Bowling (Up to 4 players). The control scheme is nice, and it has online/trophies now.
This.

I had buddies come over on weekends/breaks for a few months after release playing it until we all hit ~290s.

It's still the best use of motion controls to date, and there is a ton of variation between lanes/characters/balls, so it really never gets stale.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ive put a good forty hours of PAIN in on just the multiplayer alone. Get it.

Also, get Supersonic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars. Quite fun.

decon

chilling in the illegal sense?

I know it's a cliche but FlOw stoned with mates is actually kind of cool.
I don't yet, I probably won't since I'm too wasted already. The other guys might.

Tntnnbltn said:
How many controllers do you have? How many players would you be able to support simultaneously?
We have 5, but we'll be 4, so 4 players games would be great.

Llyranor

maxax said:
Wipeout HD
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Super Stardust HD

All very awesome local multiplayer games.
Those are the main ones I can think of.

(you should have gotten LittleBigPlanet beforehand!)

Tntnnbltn

decon said:
We have 5, but we'll be 4, so 4 players games would be great.
I'd recommend PixelJunk Racers in that case. It's the most overlooked of the PixelJunk series, but is the best when it comes to party multiplayer. Supports 1-7 players, I believe. Only downside is you'd have to play a bit of single player first to unlock more of the game modes for multiplayer.

Nemesis_

I'd definitely recommend Pixeljunk Eden and Super Stardust HD. Oh yeah, and Bionic Commando Rearmed, can be very fun too if the other player is willing to put some time into it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Get your ass to a videogame store and buy LBP!

By far the best local multiplayer I have ever played. So many laughs.

If PSN only, then Bionic Commando Rearmed, or PixelJunk Monsters.

decon

TheExodu5 said:
Get your ass to a videogame store and buy LBP!

By far the best local multiplayer I have ever played. So many laughs.

If PSN only, then Bionic Commando Rearmed, or PixelJunk Monsters.
I've already got it, motherfuckers wanted it back because of the music crap though :mad: (promo version)

Bionic Commando Rearmed, is it 4 player?

Susurrus

Gauntlet II maybe if you're interested in old school games. I never played it though but it sounded fun. :lol

Rampage World Tour is 3 player, is amusing for a while.

Dunk#7

Cant wait for bomberman! Would be perfect for this thread's answer if it was out.

Anybody know if a release has been announced

decon

Just went through my old PS1 games and came by Mirco Machines V3, so we were pretty much just playing that all night :lol What an awesome game.

Grayman

decon said:
Just went through my old PS1 games and came by Mirco Machines V3, so we were pretty much just playing that all night :lol What an awesome game.
Awesome. I've played Twisted Metal 2 and Trap Gunner for a night in the last year. It is obviously nostalgia but PS1 has some great two player games.

decon

Grayman said:
Awesome. I've played Twisted Metal 2 and Trap Gunner for a night in the last year. It is obviously nostalgia but PS1 has some great two player games.
8 Player Mirco Machines v3 :D I want a HD version this game. Why don't they make games like this anymore.

GTI Club+ should be fun when it comes out.

Top Bottom