• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you can change the viewing perspective back to normal, that looks unplayable with all the buildings in front of you (and in g/s you couldn't go behind buildings at all)

Teknoman

b44761335d36426f40d6cf9ab916fe1c.jpg

2z9i32p.jpg

WOW. I had the same reaction the people in the Pokemon Sunday show had when I saw that teaser clip, its so short I was shocked.

I cant wait to have my cydnaquil walking beside me through the game, lol.

god, like platinum hasnt sucked enough of my life out yet...

i hate how much i appreciate these little bullshit updates like pokemon following you around.. fucking nintendo >_<

..but im still thankful.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BishopLamont said:
I can't believe something like a Pokemon following you on-screen can get me so hyped for a game. So embarassing.

Same. :D

And even though it's asking too much, I wish that you could get any Pokemon you wanted to do the same. But that would be over 2000 sprites for everything, each direction and frame of animation. :lol

The new stock art for those who have been PMming me:

sundaylala_05.jpg

sundaylala_06.jpg

Also, the Pokemon following you thing is NOT the new never-before-seen feature I mentioned I knew about earlier. In fact, I had no idea they were re-introducing the following Pokemon. That's GREAT.

Teknoman

Next Wii game better be compatible with all DS versions. Also someone needs to get on a box channel or something asap.

Also fix Cyndaquil-Typhlosion's body flame animations.

Teknoman said:
Next Wii game better be compatible with all DS versions. Also someone needs to get on a box channel or something asap.

OH OH!!

What about a DSiWare Pokemon Box app that you could put your Pokemon into and transfer to whatever cart?!

Teknoman

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
OH OH!!

What about a DSiWare Pokemon Box app that you could put your Pokemon into and transfer to whatever cart?!

I'd download it.

EDIT: Wii will rock U, heard anything about some sort of Wii or DSi channel like that?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wii Will Rock U said:
Also, the Pokemon following you thing is NOT the new never-before-seen feature I mentioned I knew about earlier. In fact, I had no idea they were re-introducing the following Pokemon. That's GREAT.

You could tell us what the feature is, for goddamn sake.

Teknoman said:
I'd download it.

EDIT: Wii will rock U, heard anything about some sort of Wii or DSi channel like that?
Sorry no, I haven't. I know that a Wii game is coming that is compatible with these games and Platinum but that's all I know about the Wii game. It could be anything really I just know it's for Wii and it is compatible.

Regulus Tera said:
You could tell us what the feature is, for goddamn sake.
No this time I actually can't, I could get him in trouble.

DuckRacer

Wii Will Rock U said:
No this time I actually can't, I could get him in trouble.
Hint at it or something. Also, how come pre-empting the gold/silver remake announcement and talking about a previously unknown pokemon wii game doesn't get him/her in trouble, yet talking about a new feature is? It's probably going to be unveiled in corocoro anyway.

Gravijah

Wii Will Rock U said:
Blender and Neg Schifferences.

That's part of it.

Seriously though, no more hinting, that's all I know.

Ooooooooh... Hopefully they are better than the current blender schifferences.

Wii Will Rock U said:
Blender and Neg Schifferences.

That's part of it.

Seriously though, no more hinting, that's all I know.
(neutral) Wii Will Rock U
Invents words to use as conversation pieces
(Today, 08:32 PM)
Reply | Quote

But really. gender and leg differences? Hah I dunno.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Zilch said:
This is a bannable offense at GAF. Just saying.
Yeah... (good idea, dude).

Yeah man. So tell us or you might get banned!

RyanDG

Dani said:
Neg doesn't rhyme with age.

I was taught some random rhyming techniques in school. It could work if you really want to force it. :D

...Should I mention that I received my lowest score my freshmen year in college in that course?

Zilch said:
This is a bannable offense at GAF. Just saying.
Really? Then I have to come out and say it.

The game is going to have new additions to the gender and breeding portions of the game. An example of these has actually already been revealed to the the public though many people don't realize what it means:

pichu.png

Certain Pokemon will gain new looks based on their parents and while I don't know any specifics right now, I know it's going to be very in-depth.

PHEW. There we go. Once you threw the "say or be banned" card out there I knew I had to spill the beans.

Honestly, though, that is IT. That is the bottom of the barrel. I have no more information on the game or its release or anything else. I have told you all EVERYTHING I know. :lol

Gravijah

Wii Will Rock U said:

The game is going to have new additions to the gender and breeding portions of the game. An example of these has actually already been revealed to the the public though many people don't realize what it means:

pichu.png

Certain Pokemon will gain new looks based on their parents and while I don't know any specifics right now, I know it's going to b every in-depth.

PHEW.

... OK I better get the fuck off this hype train before I talk myself into importing both games with next day shipping.

Wii Will Rock U said:

pichu.png

Certain Pokemon will gain new looks based on their parents and while I don't know any specifics right now, I know it's going to be very in-depth.

PHEW. There we go. Once you through the "say or be banned" card dout there I knew I had to spill the beans.

Honestly, though, that is IT. That is the bottom of the barrel. I have no more information on the game or its release or anything else. I have told you all EVERYTHING I know. :lol

Giza-mimi Pichu!

Oh man, do want.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wii Will Rock U said:

pichu.png

PHEW. There we go. Once you threw the "say or be banned" card out there I knew I had to spill the beans.

You are spared, for GAF is merciful (I hope).

Wii Will Rock U said:

pichu.png

Wow. I had been wondering just what was up with the whole Notched-Ear Pichu thing, but I had no clue it was this.

This could be one of the most amazing features of the new game. Really, that's just completely awesome. Hype x 1,000.

I look forward to this and my Wakinoko following me around town. (That's the starter all real men take in Jouto)

Forkball

Some Pokemon already looked different based on their gender, so that's not new. But are you saying that if your Pichu's parents are Rattata and Pikachu that it will look different than if it's parents were Ninetails/Pikachu? That's pretty interesting and cool but nothing mind-blowing. Seems to be more aesthetic than anything.

Forkball said:
Some Pokemon already looked different based on their gender, so that's not new. But are you saying that if your Pichu's parents are Rattata and Pikachu that it will look different than if it's parents were Ninetails/Pikachu? That's pretty interesting and cool but nothing mind-blowing. Seems to be more aesthetic than anything.
From what I know, which is now what GAF knows, yes.

Somnid said:
It probably doesn't matter because the info if true will likely show up in CoroCoro in the next few days.
Right, that's pretty much my logic too.

Firestorm said:
(neutral) Wii Will Rock U
My account on GAF is more important than my friend's job.
(Today, 06:45 PM)
Reply | Quote
You REALLY don't like me do you? :lol

Eteric Rice

Forkball said:

Uh, no, I think he means that each pokemon you find might have a different aspect to them (curly hair, messy hair, different ear) that other pokemon can inherit.

I don't think breeding a pikachu with a ratatta with produce something like a pikachu with ratatta's tail or anything. Maybe if the ratatta has curly hair, the pikachu might inherit it.

Eteric Rice said:
Uh, no, I think he means that each pokemon you find might have a different aspect to them (curly hair, messy hair, different ear) that other pokemon can inherit.

I don't think breeding a pikachu with a ratatta with produce something like a pikachu with ratatta's tail or anything. Maybe if the ratatta has curly hair, the pikachu might inherit it.

To be honest, I think it's stuff like both of this. I don't really know 100% for sure though.

Teknoman

This could potentially be cool...but what does that mean for battling against D/P/Platinum? Default sprite applies there?

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
This could potentially be cool...but what does that mean for battling against D/P/Platinum? Default sprite applies there?

That's how it usually is with the Deoxys forms in the old games and such so probably.

TP

Teknoman said:

Probably, just like the new Giratina forme or Shaymin

Teknoman

Jeo said:
Probably, just like the new Giratina forme or Shaymin

Thats another question I had. When you use a forme that has a specific move, does that move just leave an empty space during the battle, or just change to default visually?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
After the notched-ear Pichu thing I thought something like this was going to happen, but I didn't expect it to be very "in-depth". Are we talking [that Pokemon with the different spin patterns] in-depth? Because that would be very sweet indeed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I have a feeling pokemon following you will only be up to the point before you get legit pokeballs.

Andrex said:
After the notched-ear Pichu thing I thought something like this was going to happen, but I didn't expect it to be very "in-depth". Are we talking [that Pokemon with the different spin patterns] in-depth? Because that would be very sweet indeed.
As I mentioned earlier, I don't know. All I was told was that it is "in-depth". I have no idea what that means either, I can only speculate like we've been doing.

Top Bottom