• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Nif

They said the payment couldn't be verified. Paid with PayPal. Recently moved and never changed my billing address, but that hasn't been a problem before.

-MD-

They said the payment couldn't be verified. Paid with PayPal. Recently moved and never changed my billing address, but that hasn't been a problem before.

Saw a few other people say their orders got cancelled for the same reason.

dgdas9

Not sure if this belongs here or not. For those who care, Fnac Portugal has had preorders open for a while. You have to pay immediately, they're going for 90 euro, and I'm pretty sure they don't ship outside the country.

Link

Nif

Called Walmart support and they say that once the order is canceled, it goes back into stock immediately and becomes available on their website. Someone else bought my stock already and there's nothing they can do.

I've made many orders from other websites using this Paypal from my new address and haven't had any issues. So long, Walmart.

F34R

I got the email at 11:30pm EST from wal mart saying my item was back in stock. Ordered 11:46pm EST. Phew.

Did your payment method not get verified?? Otherwise we're going to need to see the receipts. Too many people trying to troll this morning with..."orders are being cancelled!!"

Yeah it said my payment couldn't be verified. Not really sure why that happened. I had th pending charges in my bank account.

I'm really not sure why the fuck it was cancelled... I had my card already set up on my account because I ordered two copies of "Splatoon 2" (the strategy guide)

Chronus

Not sure if this belongs here or not. For those who care, Fnac Portugal has had preorders open for a while. You have to pay immediately, they're going for 90 euro, and I'm pretty sure they don't ship outside the country.

Link
I preordered one there, two days ago, but I'm highly skeptical I'll actually receive one.

Spacebar

I'm really not sure why the fuck it was cancelled... I had my card already set up on my account because I ordered two copies of "Splatoon 2" (the strategy guide)

It's possible your credit card company blocked it because you had too many transactions at once or from the same place?

I remember that happening to me when I tried to pre order 3 PS4s at once from different sites. When I got to the 3rd site CC company blocked the sale.

Nif

Did your billing address match your shipping address? Apparently that's all it takes.

Yeah everything matched.
I did get a notification from my bank app about suspicious activity on my card, but I just had to click "Yes I made those purchases" and it was fine.

mjc

Yeah everything matched.
I did get a notification from my bank app about suspicious activity on my card, but I just had to click "Yes I made those purchases" and it was fine.

That means you're one of the first of the random cancellations then. :(

The fun begins.

The fun begins.

I hope it works out for all of you with preorders.

... but another part of me is like "mwahaha fuck all y'all. If I can't have it, no one can"

I'm sure Amazon or Best Buy will have preorders soon.

Yeah everything matched.

Walmart's system might've automatically cancelled the order when it couldn't get immediate verification. While you clicked to allow it on the bank's side, that pause probably flagged the order on Walmart's.

The fun begins.

It could be a random cancellation, but I think the order tripping the suspicious activity alert did it.

Walmart's system might've automatically cancelled the order when it couldn't get immediate verification. While you clicked to allow it on the bank's side, that pause probably flagged the order on Walmart's.

It could be a random cancellation, but I think the order tripping the suspicious activity alert did it.

Definitely possible.
I had two separate orders with one each. That could've done it.

I'm hoping Amazon and BestBuy have their preorders today. I will cancel the Walmart ones for them. As much as I am happy about not having to worry whether I'll get one, i rather have mine on release night.

Yeah everything matched.

With my bank, getting that notification means that they already flagged and declined it. Clicking "Yes I made those purchases" only tells the bank that it's okay to let it be once you process payment a second time. It doesn't happen automatically. I've got Chase.

With my bank, getting that notification means that they already flagged and declined it. Clicking "Yes I made those purchases" only tells the bank that it's okay to let it be once you process payment a second time. It doesn't happen automatically. I've got Chase.

It's strange though. I clicked "yeah that's me" before I made my second order.

Luke_Wal

Huh. My order got cancelled as well, for "not being able to verify my payment information," but I paid with my regular card, using the exact same saves payment information I used to order something from their website last week. I have a feeling "payment information" is just what they're using for orders that exceeded their stock. Total bummer.

People are making me sweat with all these cancelled orders. I put in two orders for 1 each, using my stored debit card in the Walmart app. No cancellations yet!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
At least for now mine still says processing. Used PayPal, it gave me errors when I tried using my credit card last night even though I used it on there recently for the Lego Saturn V. Order was made within 5-10 minutes of it going up.

Have 3 temporary authorizations. One for each CC attempt they said they couldn't authorize, and the PayPal one that went through.

Top Bottom