• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

notworksafe

If I can take a stick through security with my long terrorist beard and a shirt that says Giant Bomb in large letters on the front, then anyone can.

if you leave it in your bag through security, you can guarantee they will pull you to the side for close inspection. Instead pull it out and toss it in a bin by itself, then its fine. Treat it like they tell you to treat a laptop.

If you decide to put it in a checked bag, expect one of these:
oR15I.jpg

EDIT: Also a lot of fun going through security when I brought a PS3, stick, and my laptop, alongside my coat and shoes...like 6 or 7 bins for just me.

notworksafe

Yeah but you're white. They probably thought you were a biker or something.
You'd be shocked at how much I'm seen as Arab actually. Either way color doesn't matter when it comes to that anyway, as every member of the NM FGC has been able to get a stick through security at one point or another.

It'll definitely be inspected, sometimes you'll be asked to open it up, but you'll get through no problem.

Grakl

if you leave it in your bag through security, you can guarantee they will pull you to the side for close inspection. Instead pull it out and toss it in a bin by itself, then its fine. Treat it like they tell you to treat a laptop.

EDIT: Also a lot of fun going through security when I brought a PS3, stick, and my laptop, alongside my coat and shoes...like 6 or 7 bins for just me.
Yeah it's dumb

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

i always take it out.

BadWolf

The hell happened to Romance in that tournament though?
I thought he'd be guaranteed. It just doesn't feel like a KOF major without Reynald vs Romance at some point. :(

Well Reynald can't attend (missed flight due to documentation issues) so it wouldn't have happened either way lol.

Without winning a tournament the only way Romance could have gotten in is via special invite from SNK but unfortunately he didn't luck out with that.

shaowebb

Well Reynald can't attend (missed flight due to documentation issues) so it wouldn't have happened either way lol.

Without winning a tournament the only way Romance could have gotten in is via special invite from SNK but unfortunately he didn't luck out with that.

So wait...no Reynald OR Romance? False kings will be crowned lol.
It'll be Xiaohai or MadKof.

twitch.tv/degigames

Thursday night fights are on. Its about 7:20 where they are and they are playing Koihime Enbu till about 7:30. Then its Blade Arcus for that cancel filled meter loaded 3 levels of assists fighting goodness.

EDIT: Also anyone here ever heard of a fighting game called Es Laf?

Saw this listed on Wiki Mizuumi's guides and it looks fucking dope. There are download trials of it and EsLaf2 on the links from the Mizuumi pages too.

That screen shake in Es Gaf
blown-away.gif

BadWolf

So wait...no Reynald OR Romance? False kings will be crowned lol.
It'll be Xiaohai or MadKof.

Honestly it's too hard to call since there are too many killers in that lineup, especially when the tournament is Japanese style FT1 (though luckily it's at least double elimination).

A bunch of players are already there and word is that Toshi (amazing Kensou player from Peru) has been winning all the FT5/FT10 sets (even against the Japanese player M').

Xiaohai is strong but he also often benefits from longer sets, which this tournament won't have. And ET (who has also qualified) for example has sent him to losers in a Chinese tournament previously.

Reynald definitely had a chance though, it really sucks that he won't attend.

Kalamari

Someone should design a forum posting game with a bad opinion meter, when it reaches 100%, you can post a super bad opinion.

shaowebb

That's a really short post for a shaowebb response.. Was expecting at least 3 paragraphs.

Honestly its because I figured his post was so far gone that no counter argument mattered. All I did after seeing it was post the image and check to see if Scrubquotes had uploaded Beef's quote yet.

JeTmAn81

Honestly its because I figured his post was so far gone that no counter argument mattered. All I did after seeing it was post the image and check to see if Scrubquotes had uploaded Beef's quote yet.

Indeed, why throw your pearls before cows

All the shitty fighters have extra bullshit that makes them bad games. It's ASW's specialty. That Under Night whatever game has that stupid bar at the bottom of the screen too.

Basically what I'm saying is fuck anime fighters.

So where does this put SFV?

It's shit because it has more meters than just health and super?

It's anime because it has too many meters?

Or is it just shit and Street Fighter is anime?

shaowebb

All the shitty fighters have extra bullshit that makes them bad games. It's ASW's specialty. That Under Night whatever game has that stupid bar at the bottom of the screen too.

I kind of got thats all you were trying to come up with something to bitch about in order to say it again. After all, we'd talked about DFCI and Arcana for at least a page. However your meter comment is just ludicrous. Its not even something thats an anime thing even. Case in point.

seg8mzO.png

Maybe you should build a wall against anime fighters or something.

So where does this put SFV?

It's shit because it has more meters than just health and super?

It's anime because it has too many meters?

Or is it just shit and Street Fighter is anime?

Street Fighter is absolutely anime, and you should point and laugh at anyone who disagrees.. But I like it despite that because the V Meter is so easy to understand that it negates the complaint.
guard meters cause brain damage confirmed

They are kinda dumb tbh

Is Injustice the exception? Every character has some sort indicator next to their meter for their character trait--some of them are even additional meters!

Not that hard to understand. It's an anime game that's also worse than every other anime game except marvel.
ASW is the only company who makes games worse than the Vs series. It's quite a feat.
Is Injustice the exception? Every character has some sort indicator next to their meter for their character trait--some of them are even additional meters!

I actually forgot that Injustice existed, so you may or may not have a point.

Pompadour

They should just give people an option to remove meters from visibly appearing on screen. We made it through 7 years of SF4 with no stun gauge.

Top Bottom