• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drift0r (Ghosts leaker) RUMOR: Sledgehammers COD is futuristic?

Milennia

Via junior member Goomba64-

Call of Duty: Titanfall? Leaked info on Sledgehammer's game

Youtuber Drift0r, who leaked accurate Ghosts information last year has a new video on next CoD
- very futuristic
- hugeTitanfall like gun
- good lighting physics
- "Oblivion movie" looking map

Sorry my junior status doesn't allow me, maybe someone else can make a thread.

Video in question- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMNNiGkwz-8
Supposedly called Call of Duty- Black Smith (could simply be the codename)

His ghosts leak- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQBprYUW3gk

Interesting. I thought SHG would be keeping it around the same time as the MW series. Didn't the one rumor like a month ago state it's a direct sequel to MW3?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What is a Titanfall-like gun? Have to say, the weapons in Titanfall look like they leave something to be desired, so not sure if want.

the year I swear I won't buy the new cod, they give it to a new developer finally and they set it in the future like I've been hoping they would for years.

fuck

Guevara

Goddamnit I'm so tired of these futuristic FPSs. Is it too much to ask for even one realistic shooter a year?

domstah

I love me some COD but - yawn - that's 3 futuristic CODs in a row - BO2, Ghosts and MW4?

Can we just have a nice Us vs. Them modern day COD like we used to get?

BO should be the futuristic COD, Ghosts the alternative reality COD, and MW4 the ripped from the headlines COD ... :(

Zeppeli

Banned
so all three cod refreshes are just 15 years in the future with slightly modified modern guns? that'll help prevent stagnation for sure

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i would bet money on future warfare. ghosts was the first sales decline for the series, right?

im hopeful for declining sales in the fps genre though, so that we could some kind of innovation going on.

VanWinkle

I could be interested in a futuristic CoD, as long as it's pretty far into the future and not just the exact same game with slightly a more futuristic look.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Futuristic shooter is the new modern warfare shooter.

Maybe DICE can finally make Battlefield 2143?

I think EA/DICE are working on Star Wars: Battlefront. Wouldn't that be too similar to 2143?

Yeah, Battlefront is sci-fi and Titanfall is as well, and given that Visceral is making a police game, I would assume that mainline Battlefield will stay modern day.

Given MW3 was "the present", Blops II was near future, Ghosts was future, and Sledgehammer COD is going to be far future, what's next after that? Post-apocalyptical future?

I love me some COD but - yawn - that's 3 futuristic CODs in a row - BO2, Ghosts and MW4?

Can we just have a nice Us vs. Them modern day COD like we used to get?

BO should be the futuristic COD, Ghosts the alternative reality COD, and MW4 the ripped from the headlines COD ... :(
Ghosts isn't very futuristic though, with the exception of the space gun.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's just Titanfall without Mechs

iXCPvLqj241e6.gif

Jb

I thought it was semi-confirmed they were the ones doing Modern Warfare 4? I wish them the best, but they're going to face an uphill battle getting people excited after Titanfall.

kuYuri

Given MW3 was "the present", Blops II was near future, Ghosts was future, and Sledgehammer COD is going to be far future, what's next after that? Post-apocalyptical future?

Ghosts and Black Ops II were around the same time (2025 vs 2027ish), it's just that their depictions of the era are different.

Hmm. It seems suspect that Activision would jump on turning CoD into a Titanfall clone, without any actual sales info on Titanfall itself. That strikes me as a decision made next year, in the fallout of another underperforming game.

McDougles

6th gen it was WWII
7th gen it was modern times/20-30 years ago
8th gen = intermediate future
9th gen? 8th dimension

BELIEVE

900bv

Banned
I'm pretty sure Sledgehammer were previously working on an open world Call of Duty before the three-year development cycle was announced/confirmed.

Open world futuristic first person shooter with inspiration from Oblivion with huge guns and good lighting? That could be fucking awesome and completely rejuvenate the franchise. Drift0r is also a pretty trustworthy source as well, so this could get really interesting.

Edit: This is the photo they used to advertise job openings. It does seem to have some futuristic-ish looking elements.

Sledgehammer_games_hiring.jpg

Top Bottom