• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siglemic live streams his attempt of breaking SM64 WR [NEW WORLD RECORD 1:47:10'9]

Zeppelin

Good morning GAF,

I don't know if this has been posted here yet (did a Google search, didn't find anything) or if it's even thread worthy but this guy (Siglemic) has been live streaming his attempt to break the WR in SM64 for 6 days now. The current world record is 1:47:49 and his current best is 1:48:32. He is insanely good at the game so it's pretty cool to watch for a while.

http://sv.twitch.tv/siglemic

Update:

He finally did it. Here's the World Record run for those of you who missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqGL53OsOfY

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, he's incredibly good at this game. I have no idea how he can move so accurately with the N64 joystick. I have tried playing my N64 within the past couple months and I found it difficult. He's doing such precise movements with ease.

Tenck

Pretty incredible. Makes me sad though, that the first game that I set out to beat, took me a couple days, this guy does it in a little less than two hours ;_;

Chesskid1

Banned
i was watching him doign his best WR run (he did it on stream a few days ago).

he missed throwing bowser onto a bomb during the final boss fight, to miss the record.

Grinchy

Banned
The koopa just challenged him to a race to the top of the mountain. Poor koopa has no idea what he's in for.

lol I can't believe that he had time to not only win the race, but go back to the beginning of the level, open up the cannons, and then beat the koopa to the top a 2nd time.

Oh no! He dove into a wall. That cost him at least a second. D:

I'm getting into this! What an awesome game, and he's awesome at it.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, the chat is really bad.

Yeah I have it open in one window, with a 2nd firefox window to the right of it, covering up the chat. It's impossible to avoid and it hurts my head when I read it lol

And that sucks about the reset. I guess he had to reset, but what a shame.

ampere

Ah, a reset.

It must be very hard to keep starting over when going for a WR time. I could never handle that.

Also these ads are very obtrusive on this streaming site.

McNum

It's fun to see someone who s really good at Mario 64. Mario is a ninja is this game, and the levels are made to support it.

Top Bottom