• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Days (Gorillaz) vinyl is finally being repressed after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GJ-

No longer do you have to spend over €200 for the vinyl release of Demon Days, which once was a Record Store Day release, I believe. Vinyl Me Please is doing a reissue as part of their monthly subscription thing.

MZ5avlF.jpg

bQ9uzIS.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibmxVwpEXOU

2LP, Translucent Red Vinyl
Gatefold Jacket
Exclusive Gorillaz character sticker pack
Half Speed Remastered at Alchemy (UK)
12x12 Art Print by Ariel Roman

This thing is beautiful.

It's $29 (subscription for a single month) if you're in the US, or $42 international. This includes shipping I believe, so it's manageable if you live outside the US. Apparently you can get $10 off via a referral code, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post that so PM me if you want a referral link, I guess.
I asked them on Twitter and if you just want this record and nothing else, you can cancel after the 2nd of April. If you cancel before that you'll get a refund and you won't get the Demon Days repress.

As one of my favorite albums, if not, my favorite album of all time, I'm so damn happy this is finally being rereleased. On top of that the red vinyl just looks glorious. I love it.

edit: For the people who I've sent a referral code; apparently you get credited $10 after a couple days, which you can use towards either a record from their store, or towards your next month of subscription. Seeing as the Demon Days month officially starts on April 2nd (you have to sign up before the 15th to get the record), it should count towards that one. That's what people on the Gorillaz subreddit are saying. I registered using a referral code myself (first time using VMP) and I don't have any credit in my account yet either. Will update when it changes.

edit 2: I've had an email from VMP saying that people used my ref link and that both the referrer and referree will get $10. Nice to have confirmation. My account still says $0,00 though. Apparently it can take up to 2 days to show up.

In addition to that, this post by a Redditor who has been a member for a while should clear things up:

yo9hxY6.jpg

Bread

Banned
Damn Vinyl Me Please is pretty amazing, just 2 months ago they had Person Pitch and now Demon Days?

-GJ-

does that mean the black one is still special?

alternatively, does anyone want to buy the black one for a lot of money

The black one is still special, yeah. And you can only get this red one for 1 month I think, so it's still somewhat limited as it won't be available in regular record stores. I don't think the black release will drop in price because of this one. There's still only 500 (I believe) of them out there.

Dead

well not really...yet
Man, I've been signed up to VMP since Person Pitch and it's been 100% worth it so far.

Crayons

Banned
I just got Plastic Beach on vinyl about a week ago and I just love the way Gorillaz designs their vinyl releases. They're so sexy.

thebeeks

Banned
Demon Days was worth something? Dang! I bought the record when it first came out, before I even had a turntable. I just really liked Gorillaz and wanted a cool thing on my shelf.

No longer do you have to spend over €200 for the vinyl release of Demon Days, which once was a Record Store Day release, I believe. Vinyl Me Please is doing a reissue as part of their monthly subscription thing.

Was it? I got mine at a Hot Topic.

fixedpoint

Thanks, snagged one. I had no idea the original was so rare, I think I also have Spacemonkeys vs Gorillaz on vinyl somewhere.

pablito

Reactivated my account fuck yeeeeeah.

I don't have a vinyl player but I feel the need to buy this.

If you're at all interested in a vinyl collection I would do it. I regret, SO MUCH, that I didn't start buying vinyl before I got a player. Been interested for about a decade before I started and I could have gotten some hard to get stuff then.

Reactivated my account fuck yeeeeeah.

If you're at all interested in a vinyl collection I would do it. I regret, SO MUCH, that I didn't start buying vinyl before I got a player. Been interested for about a decade before I started and I could have gotten some hard to get stuff then.

I've been thinking about it but budget is really tight right now and I already buy enough expensive shit. The only vinyl I have is the Bioshock 2 soundtrack that came in the special edition.

I was never a big gorillaz fan outside of their singles, rectivated to get the national repress, and kinda stoked for demon days now. Send me a pm with your email if you want a referral code

TankRizzo

Banned
I remember being rejected by my high school crush when i was jamming to this in my 1991 Chevrolet Beretta. Feels bad man.

Signing up as soon as the my paycheck hits.
Also, if anyone is willing to refer me (PM me) I am highly interested.
I have Plastic Beach and Gorillaz LPs so just need this to get the trifecta.

I think that the way the referral works is that the $10 credit can't be used on that month's vinyl? So, if we sign up now, I don't think we can use said credit to get "Demon Days" for $20 instead of $30, because I don't see an option that says we can refund that credit to our bank account. Maybe I'm wrong, so I hope someone can find a better explanation out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom