• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Taruranto

You should spoiler that and I don't agree.

Uh? What?

I'm talking about the cover and him being in a support role compared to the more combat-oriented 2B:

p1fH4Mq.jpg

DJChuy

Finished the prologue in Route C. That was crazy, and it was only the beginning. I'm hyped!

Sad that 2B died, but at least I can play as another female badass.

JJShadow

Finished route B, took me 11 hours doing all the sidequests available so far (currently sitting at 28 hours in total). Cannot fucking wait to start route C tomorrow and see Yoko going nuts

Question regarding route A and route B endings:

When 9S is corrupted by Eve and ask 2B to kill him, couldn't he just die and then upload into his new body a version of himself prior to the Eve's battle, or just for being corrupted it means the new hypothetical 9S wouldn't be able to remember anything about 2B and all that just happened?

erawsd

are you fusing chips? tried using the boost items for the fights (+50% atk/def) they can help a lot

Dunno if you're playing on hard or not, but farm some money (fishing) and then fuse a bunch of HP+ chips. +5 or +6 for +50% HP will keep you out of getting one shot from most things, and give you time to quickly heal back to full. For even more safety, couple this with Anti-Chain Damage chip. Of course, you can also add Melee and Ranged Defense chips on top of this to make a really tanky build.

Ah, no I was not even aware that fusing chips together was a thing.

True Fire

When 9S is corrupted by Eve and ask 2B to kill her, couldn't he just die and then upload into his new body a version of himself prior to the Eve's battle, or just for being corrupted it means the new hypothetical 2B wouldn't be able to remember anything about 9S and all that just happened?

This is answered during C, just keep playing.

OniBaka

Finished route B, took me 11 hours doing all the sidequests available so far (currently sitting at 28 hours in total). Cannot fucking wait to start route C tomorrow and see Yoko going nuts

When 9S is corrupted by Eve and ask 2B to kill her, couldn't he just die and then upload into his new body a version of himself prior to the Eve's battle, or just for being corrupted it means the new hypothetical 2B wouldn't be able to remember anything about 9S and all that just happened?
What you said true, similar to the intro of the game.

Now keep playing.

Okay, first time through the game, im level 22, in the forest and I just got a sidequest that takes me down into the canyon under the bridge that gets you to the mall at the start of the forest...

question:
should i be trying to kill this giant level 50 robot? he barely takes any damage, but he isnt hard to dodge, but I don't want to be here forever trying to kill him if I cant or shouldnt...

Okay, first time through the game, im level 22, in the forest and I just got a sidequest that takes me down into the canyon under the bridge that gets you to the mall at the start of the forest...

question:
should i be trying to kill this giant level 50 robot? he barely takes any damage, but he isnt hard to dodge, but I don't want to be here forever trying to kill him if I cant or shouldnt...

You can, but you don't have to do it right now.

JJShadow

question:

In route B you will have access to a much faster method to kill him

Okay, weapon upgrade question....
who do I need to see to upgrade a weapon past level 3? I'm currently in Route B and really liking the Engine Blade.

Astral

Just got this game. I love it so far even though I kinda suck. I have a question though. Do all weapons have the same moveset? Are the only differences the stats and stories?

Ruff

who do I need to see to upgrade a weapon past level 3? I'm currently in Route B and really liking the Engine Blade.

There's a room behind a moveable box in the castle when you jump over the gap in the outside bridge, with a smaller broken bridge below. drop down as you come onto the bridge from the Link type miniboss and dash to the lower left

jonjonaug

Directly underneath the save point right before the baby in the forest castle, you need to move a block to get to the weaponsmith.

Exentryk

Just got this game. I love it so far even though I kinda suck. I have a question though. Do all weapons have the same moveset? Are the only differences the stats and stories?

Different weapons classes (small swords, spears, large swords, etc.) have different movesets, but ones from the same class have the same moves, but different stats and passive abilities. Note that equipping a weapon on a light attack or heavy attack gives it different movesets. There are also special moves that are only possible via combinations of certain weapon combos.

OniBaka

My favorite weapon combo is heavy sword on light attack and spear on heavy attack.

It's badass with 2b kicking the spear on the ground and then using it as a pole to spinning around slashing using the heavy sword.

Theosmeo

Guys starting on hard and holy shit owch

how do you avoid the 1 shot kill horizontal slash from the excavator boss?

loving it so far

At least you have a lot of patience :p

this is true

i made a chip set with 2 +10% speed (you can't go higher than 20%) and when you drop down the building do the downward triangle attack with a small sword, you should dive down fast and get close to the ground without receving damage or waste time

i already had speed+ chips, but i didn't know i could do the bolded

it's the drop at the start that fucks me up, so i will definitely give that a shot next chance i get to play

Hey guys, is there any crafting purpose for White Moose Meat? I've killed a few of them but don't see any purpose for the mat other than selling for high profit. Am I missing anything?

Sevyne

Lot of people singing the praises of the spears. I...never really.never clicked with them. Just been using standard short swords the entire time mostly

Yeah. The spear praise for 9s is kind of confusing to me. Regardless of how anyone may feel about the power of the charge move (I don't feel it's as strong as some say it is), it's just incredibly boring to use for a character that's already less entertaining to play as. Why would I intentionally make the game less fun?

Audioboxer

3rd race is a bawbag. Finished it earlier before watching TWD. Took me plenty of tries and I must have made it within 0.2 seconds. Reminds me of FFX balloon race bullshit lol.

Also at the point of no return I think. Just done
Emils
full quest chain. Dem feels.

Roubjon

WTF

Close to Ending B spoilers:

WTF was that holographic ghost girl in the bunker. Also I'm loving all of these Project Gestalt callbacks. Devola And Popola did mad shit in the thousands of years since, huh? This game is amping up and I'm loving every second of it. As if I wasn't already.

Samikaze

WTF

Close to Ending B spoilers:

WTF was that holographic ghost girl in the bunker. Also I'm loving all of these Project Gestalt callbacks. Devola And Popola did mad shit in the thousands of years since, huh? This game is amping up and I'm loving every second of it. As if I wasn't already.

You'll see in the next play through.

Nazo

I really dislike
playing as 9S. He's just not as fun to play as 2B. His move set is so limited and boring. The whole hacking mechanic is cool but not when its the only effective way to kill enemies as him.

Top Bottom