• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

The Zoo Tycoon link seems to be down.

And when I search for it in the store and click the link it disconnects too.

Odd. Usually Microsoft doesn't seem to care if people change their region to get other games, maybe now they do?

Edit: It works on my laptop.

FN-2187

To be honest I'm way more interested in Zoo Tycoon than any of the other GwG games this month lol.

So thank you Japan!

Haha same here.

This was initially a terrible month for me. Already played Watch Dogs when it came out and hated it. Already had Dragon Age from EA Access. Don't care for Assassins Creed.

Zoo Tycoon, however, I had considered buying when I got my Xbox One, but forgot all about it. Started it last night and it seems pretty good. Way higher quality than you would probably expect.

Chris1

Haha same here.

This was initially a terrible month for me. Already played Watch Dogs when it came out and hated it. Already had Dragon Age from EA Access. Don't care for Assassins Creed.

Zoo Tycoon, however, I had considered buying when I got my Xbox One, but forgot all about it. Started it last night and it seems pretty good. Way higher quality than you would probably expect.

It's worth getting DA:O even with EA Access because you keep the game forever on GWG as it's a 360 game

Also repoting for new page

Watch Dogs (XB1):
https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/WATCHDOGS/C4DMGRPNSHXG

Dragon Age Origins (XB1&360):
https://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Dragon-Age-Origins/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454108c0

Zoo Tycoon (XB1 - make sure you are on the Japan store and the original price is scored out. On the confirmation screen it will say ¥0):
https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/p/zoo-tycoon/brwjs8p512vf

Yup i've had the "Don't buy Ubisoft games new" rule for a while and I almost own all of em either free or from ridiculously cheap clearance sales

I'm always tempted but haven't succumbed yet.

The only one I will do is Mario + Rabbids, I have the sneaking suspicion that won't be going free in a long, long time.

H3xum

DA:O was my Game of the Generation.

I wonder if I will still like it

When a game goes BC, does all of its DLC/expansions?

munroe

Yeah if you own them.
Go to 'manage game' to install them.

I dont think that's what they're asking

DA:O was my Game of the Generation.

I wonder if I will still like it

When a game goes BC, does all of its DLC/expansions?

In my experience yes, whenever I've purchased a BC game all of the DLC has been made available to purchase also, but it's my experience not necessarily the rule unless someone says otherwise

Thanks guys, I'll have to put some time into it then :).

I fought my way through the hinterlands and ultimately I night have been close to the end of Inquisition ( maybe ) but I just didn't enjoy my time with it.

Flux

Ditto but to be fair Inquisition suffers from some terrible early game design, hinterlands is an abomination.

Yup Origins is the peak Bioware formula. Each race and class origin story adds a nice sense of flavour for lore. You can pursue any questline and area at will, whereas Inquisition locks you with the Power grind.

Best party and writing in the series too. Although Varric is the best individual across the series in my opinion.

Image floating around on twitter that is is:

Grow Up - July 1-31
Runbow - July 16-Aug 15

Kane and Lynch 2 - July 1-15
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - July 16-31

Alx

It would be fine for me, I don't own any of those, am always in for more Lego games, and grow up seems interesting.

Chris1

Grow Up - July 1-31
Runbow - July 16-Aug 15

That list makes sense. Whenever they announce games late it's always a pretty bad month

Should hopefully find out tomorrow the new additions to the game pass aswell

FN-2187

Grow Up - July 1-31
Runbow - July 16-Aug 15

Yikes. I know the quality of GWG is often totally subjective, but this seems like a really weak month. I wonder if the existence of Game Pass is going to have an impact on the quality of GWG going forward.

Oynox

Grow Up - July 1-31
Runbow - July 16-Aug 15

Do not own one game of it. Always wanted to try Grow Up. And my gf just started enjoying LEGO Star Wars, maybe we'll enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean as well.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Grow Up - July 1-31
Runbow - July 16-Aug 15

if this is all true im in for a good month.
Everything worth it.

Never got through kane an lynch 2......all 360 GWG have been under 9GB yeah?

Grow up is the sequel

Edit:

Novocaine

Not interested in anything next month I guess. Unless Grow Up changes stuff around, I liked the idea of Grow Home but I got bored of playing it rather quickly.

peppers

Jesus, I literally almost picked up Kane and Lynch 2 today for 2 euros. I beat it on PS3 but I wanted the conveniece of the XOne since I love it so much.
Spent the money instead on Stranglehold, any chance of that one becoming BC anytime soon?

Top Bottom