• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Servbot24

Banned
Well I tried to trade in some games for Zelda at GS but they wouldn't let me because they were shrink-wrapped. So Tearaway gets my dollars today, downloading now. :)

co1onel

Has anyone else noticed, that if you download the demo and then unlock it to the full game, it still shows as "Tearaway (Trial & Unlock)". I want to download the full game so I can get the live area and icon of it, but I can't move my save over. There's also no update on the demo version, so I'm still running version 1.0. This sucks.

Tygamr

Finally got a chance to play this. Finished the first area. I love this game! It's so awesome. The graphics are the best I've seen on the Vita (and on any other handheld device). The world feels so full, magical, and created with love. There's just so much polish. The soundtrack is really good too. This is my Vita GoTY for sure, and I haven't even finished it yet (sorry Killzone and Soul Sacrifice). It just has so much love put into it. It's magic. I haven't felt this way after playing a game in a while.

shink

I tried to make the PS logo haha
20cceef4c6ddc29a027d62f0332f8760a710ab7e.jpg

co1onel

Wow, this game just keeps getting better. I can safely say already that this is my Vita GOTY already (and I guess GOTY because I haven't bought any non-Vita games this year). Its just good in so many ways, and never ceases to grab my attention in one way or another.

Bebpo

Banned
I hate the rear touch pad on the Vita and still find it hard to use here, but otherwise omg this game is incredible! love it!

Now what are the options for transferring photos taken with the in-game camera to your computer if you don't want to link your facebook or twitter?

Finished this last night, simply amazing! Will be playing through again picking up the bits I missed for the plat. MM showing they aren't a one trick pony, can't wait to see what they have planned for the next gen.

Grinchy

Banned
I am loving this game so far. So much charm. Such good music. Not sure if these shots will go away since I'm just hotlinking them from tearaway.me but the camera function is really awesome so far. I haven't even started messing with filters yet.

65a8a158a7772db3f61ea7bd43a3ce95fa5f9acb.jpg

shink

You did a better job than I'd be able to! Kinda makes me wish they'd bundled Tearaway with a stylus.
Haha thanks. Yeah I was thinking a stylus would be better. Wonder if I get one of those that work with the smartphones if it'll be more precise.

co1onel

Now what are the options for transferring photos taken with the in-game camera to your computer if you don't want to link your facebook or twitter?

You just hit the upload button and they are automatically uploaded to http://tearaway.me/

Just login with your PSN there and you can see all of your photos, along with anybody else's photos that they uploaded.

Man its crazy how realistic you can get it to look with some of these lenses:

pantsmith

Impressions:

1) I've grinned and laughed like an idiot 90% of my time with the game that wasn't...

2) Arts n' crafts time, where I've spent the last two and a half hours designing a crown. It needs to be juuuuust riiiiiight. This is so great. I love it.

If youre on the fence and like getting overly neurotic about designing crowns this is your GOTY.

co1onel

Its weird, but Tearaway has brought out the inner photographer in me. More than any other creative part of this game, I just love taking artistic photos and uploading them. Its like a whole world of interesting things to capture. What's the point in going out in real life to take photographs now?

Woooohooo, I am finally able to play the game. Only had to format my Memory Card and my entire Vita system, but hey... at least it works now.

Now I also can feel the love of this game.

Cha

Was as sick as a dog yesterday, but this game kept me smiling. Playing the trail for now, but will be going physical on Friday.

Finally found good use for my stylus. Makes drawing things in this game a lot easier. Tearaway is magical. Makes me feel younger :)

Also, I threw one of those gophers off a cliff toward the end of the trail, and it made the most hilarious noise. I felt kinda bad about it afterward though. Poor thing :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This game is on a non-stop charm offensive. I find it kind of disarming how often I have to remind myself to keep a critical eye of the flaws and strengths and not allow myself to just be so darned mystified by the presentation and good humour and easy-going, nostalgia-in-motion experience. It's almost revelatory, running around this phantasmagoric landscape, a consistently marvelous never ending sunset on a infinitely memorable game experience. The thrill here is more in the exploration and discovery than in any of the minutiae regarding its individual components - combat may not leave any lasting impressions, some challenges are too shallow to be fun - and it adds up to an experience that is simply hard to play this game and not just feel all around great about your time with it. It just is the most pleasant and cynicism-free game experience I've played in an entire generation of games maybe, or at least since Super Mario Galaxy debuted.

Then don't. I'm the same usually, but if a game gets you, go with the flow. Mario games nearly always get me like that, and so is tearaway.

I went for "derp" right out of the gate. Can't wait to unlock more and play around with it. Worked on 100%ing the first two levels tonight.

Also, I threw one of those gophers off a cliff toward the end of the trail, and it made the most hilarious noise. I felt kinda bad about it afterward though. Poor thing :/

I love jumping on them. Best squeak ever.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It also seems that you have an option to have more than one save slot. Press start and in Profile Options select New. You can then have a new slot to your daughter and switch to your slot again with the same setting. I'll do the same with my 4y. boy. ;)

Awesome,thanks! My daughter is in love with the vita for some reason. She loves NFS:MW and new little kings story.

murgo

Guys, I fucked up :( I just received my Jukebox Pack code from Amazon, registered it and completely missed the download link for the wallpaper :'( Could any kind soul please share the link with me? Thanks in advance!

Can you guys download the avatars btw? I keep getting error C0-10935-8 when I try to download both Iota and Atoi.

Noticed yesterday that I'd preordered Tearaway from Zavvi too £19.99 came out my account. Figured I'd just send it back as I bought digital, however the delivery arrived today.

aXHdrwZ.jpg

murgo

Thanks Kazama, but unfortunately that's not the wallpaper from the Jukebox Pack.. or is it? The poster shows a different one.

Cha

Noticed yesterday that I'd preordered Tearaway from Zavvi too £19.99 came out my account. Figured I'd just send it back as I bought digital, however the delivery arrived today.

aXHdrwZ.jpg

Wait, what??!!! You sure £19.99 was taken and not £199.99? Either i'm understanding this wrong, or thats a pretty big mess up :p

Edit: In other news - You can run around in first person with camera. It's kinda awesome.
I let out a heavy sneeze while playing the game, and SURPRISE, something unexpected happened on screen. Blowing at the screen seems to also have an effect. I love these little extra touches.

Ogawa-san

Thanks Kazama, but unfortunately that's not the wallpaper from the Jukebox Pack.. or is it? The poster shows a different one.
I got mine on PSN and all preorder bonuses were tied to my account at once: the game, LBP1/2/Vita/Karting packs, two avatars, alternate pig skin + papercraft and the soundtrack. Nothing mentioning a wallpaper and it didn't unpack with the soundtrack pack, so I assume that's it.

Top Bottom