• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny viral marketing campaign/teaser sites begin

Unless they're a leftover from the signal filtering it really looks like there's a little text above the number. I would have liked to get a few stronger images so we could make it out. Unfortunately it looks like everyone is turning off their node. It's a shame because the rest of the US rotated into the map and we could have gotten a clearer image.

Checking it against the Braille alphabet, it doesn't match. There's some coincidental matches but too many that don't fit. I'm fairly confident that it's plain text but will require a lot more nodes to be activated to be discernible.

Checking it against the Braille alphabet, it doesn't match. There's some coincidental matches but too many that don't fit. I'm fairly confident that it's plain text but will require a lot more nodes to be activated to be discernible.

Coincidence? I'm thinking that it's a result of the heavy editing done to the images. More than likely it's not braille, and something else, perhaps the geomancy symbols or similar.

blamite

Tuesday is now.

40px-Geomantic_puer.svg.png

mj6d3bW.png
Q9AQZbB.png

Nice counter against the PlayStation meeting, get dat thunder. Once a viral campaign gets this in-depth I tend to get overwhelmed and wait for the final payoff instead.

Computron

same puzzle? I'm surprised

It is not the same. I am going over the steps used for the last image and the fourier transform is not giving readily visible results in the same channels/loactions.

Something is different about this picture,but it seems they are hiding info in the same way.

WE NEED A CLEARER PICTURE. MOAR NODES!

Drencrom

The best voices -- voices that truly matter -- never
allow themselves be heard. This lesson is worth
learning again and again.

Forever.

Your voice moves as whispers, murmurs and urges
inside larger winds. Only the trusted few can absorb
what is necessary. Wise and sly and perfect, your
instructions drop, leaving nothing but the hard sweet
rime of enlightenment.

The path is set. Your voice is unleashed. Except now
it is gone...

And maybe it never was.

::
::

DESTINY

That text is pretty eerie

Hopefully it's not just a Halo clone

ekim

this will unveil 2 days before the PSMeeting. I'm curious if they will announce it for the 360 or if MS pulls a Keynote for 720 the same day. :eek:

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Destiny has competitive multiplayer. As long as it's better than Reach, lol. A Halo x Borderlands x Planetside 2 pseudo MMO with seamless cooperative and competitive multiplayer would be amazing.

I hope Destiny has competitive multiplayer. As long as it's better than Reach, lol. A Halo x Borderlands x Planetside 2 pseudo MMO with seamless cooperative and competitive multiplayer would be amazing.

Just personal speculation here but from recent interviews, articles and behind the scenes chatter it seems more cooperative than competitive. Who knows though.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nice counter against the PlayStation meeting, get dat thunder. Once a viral campaign gets this in-depth I tend to get overwhelmed and wait for the final payoff instead.
Unless all formats, and not just PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, this game is intended for are revealed next Monday I personally wouldn't find this more interesting than PlayStation Meeting 2013. Of course it's nice to get too see Bungie's new IP but in a current generation context it's less appealing to me anyway.

monome

Just personal speculation here but from recent interviews, articles and behind the scenes chatter it seems more cooperative than competitive. Who knows though.

as far as I'm concerned Firefight/SpOps is my favorite MP mode anyway.

but no "vs" MP mode seems quite a bold departure from the current MP landscape.

Pachimari

I didn't like Halo much but I liked Oni back in the day. I'm excited for Destiny if it turns out to be the FPS MMO kind of game we expect and for PS4.

Top Bottom