• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Switch absence isn't due to tech, open to port if fan interest

hatchx

Banned
I'd buy it for switch if it came out. Probably more likely to buy on Switch if anything tbh, I'm not big into fighting games but having them on-the-go with multiplayer changes the game.

Siege.exe

I don't own a Switch yet, but if y'all want something and Bandai Namco is the publisher, ask enough and you'll get it. If we can get Digimon games localized three years in a row, you can get a DBZ game on the Switch no problem.

Ban Puncher

DAqOMynXUAESb9-.jpg

A confirmation of DBFZ on Switch would make a purchase of this Hori RAPV stick go from a 'Day None' to a 'Day One'.

sleepnaught

I'd buy it for switch if it came out. Probably more likely to buy on Switch if anything tbh, I'm not big into fighting games but having them on-the-go with multiplayer changes the game.

Same, I'd only ever consider a fighter game if its on Switch.

The USF2 deciding future support? Yeah.
Even if MHXXS is not coming to the west, and there still is no other Capcom game announced for it.

But I think people are remembering "buy Darkstalkers HD if you want the next game".

Good point, forgot about Darkstalkers.

NEO0MJ

The USF2 deciding future support? Yeah.
Even if MHXXS is not coming to the west, and there still is no other Capcom game announced for it.

But I think people are remembering "buy Darkstalkers HD if you want the next game".

Or Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and RE 4 for Wii. The only thing Wii owners got out of it was Darkside Chronicles.

I don't own a Switch yet, but if y'all want something and Bandai Namco is the publisher, ask enough and you'll get it. If we can get Digimon games localized three years in a row, you can get a DBZ game on the Switch no problem.

Only problem with this is that it has to arrive in a timely manner or it won't be worth Switch owners' time and money.

If Xenoverse performs well, I don't see why they wouldn't bring the game over a few months after the other versions.

I think they already have a plan to release the title on Switch after XV2 gets enough breathing room.

I am a fan, I am interested. This is already one of the most anticipated games, a portable version with single joycon support would be aces.

Menitta

I'd probably double dip if this came to Switch. Definitely getting this on PS4 for my stick, but having this on the go will be the absolute best.

I am very interested. Right now, I'm watching DBZ Kai (first time) and with every episode, I'm getting more and more hyped for this game.

FSLink

Banned
It's probably not on Switch in the first place because they likely started development for this way before the Switch gained momentum and wants to see if the fandom for DBZF would grab it on Switch.

I'll tweet out my interest at them, we agreeing on that DBFZonSwitch hashtag then?

If Nintendo fixes the Pro Controller's D-Pad I could see people playing it otherwise conventional fighting games on Switch seem odd. Not against a port at all though.

ggx2ac

Only problem with this is that it has to arrive in a timely manner or it won't be worth Switch owners' time and money.

I'd say it would be more of a problem if the other versions are already in bargain bins by the time the Switch version comes out.

Instro

What happened then? Political reasons? I mean here's "ONE Demand" from myself. Hopefully its valid and can still be redeemed. Lol

Easier to port XV2 rather than request a small dev like Arksys to add another platform that they likely hadn't even seen hardware for until late last year at the earliest.

atr0cious

They probably want people to buy XV2 first.
Pretty much. Xenoverse 2 is out on everything else already, so depending on how it does on the switch, we should be seeing DBZF on their eventually. No way they would announce both are coming at the same time, because one will cannibalize others sales. Same with MHXX, stories is about to drop, which is still the MH base, and I'm sure Capcom wants to see how it does before completely switching over and drawing the bases attention from it. Remember they winked and smiled when asked if their would be a switch version of MHX.

I would definitely 100% double dip if they brought it to Switch. Hell when I bring my Switch with me on short road trips with my brothers/cousins, I usually just play fighting games as a passenger in the back since fighting games have modes you can do pretty quick.

If Nintendo fixes the Pro Controller's D-Pad I could see people playing it otherwise conventional fighting games on Switch seem odd. Not against a port at all though.

I wouldn't say it's odd since Switch has a pretty healthy amount of fighters on the console already(USF2, Garou, multiple KoFs, SamShoIV, etc) and it hasn't even been half a year in it's life yet. Agree that the d-pad is not that great on the Pro controller but I play them just fine on Switch's analog stick for both the Joy Con and Pro Controller. A new Joy Con with a D-Pad would be nice and I still don't know why Nintendo or any game peripheral maker like Hori haven't thought of making one yet....I mean the demand is there and it just makes sense for the Switch in general.

atr0cious

A new Joy Con with a D-Pad would be nice and I still don't know why Nintendo or any game peripheral maker like Hori haven't thought of making one yet....I mean the demand is there and it just makes sense for the Switch in general.
Don't expect this for the first year as nintendo is still selling the base concept. Once this Christmas passes, you might see that, but right now, the local anywhere coop is the main selling point, and a "proper" dpad kills that concept. New adopters would be wondering why they're controller isn't the same and complaining.

Da-Kid

Yeah I misread, but still I'm not wrong though technically this seems more demanding than GG Xrd :p Especially the assets. In GG Xrd at high resolutions you can see PS3 limitations shown
No, you're still wrong. Don't know why you're bringing up limitations of the PS3 when the NS is more powerful than it. DBFZ isn't doing anything too extreme.

Quonny

Is DBZ cross play?

If not, I'm not sure how successful a Switch version would be. It might look bad if it had dead servers.

Of course, with cross play (minus PS4 lul) this point is moot.

BigEmil

No, you're still wrong. Don't know why you're bringing up limitations of the PS3 when the NS is more powerful than it. DBFZ isn't doing anything too extreme.
Yeah but if need be some visual effects or resolution may take a hit whether slight or not but with proper optimisation I can see a good port. But then again this stylised visuals is less demanding visuals than say Injustice 2, Tekken 7 etc so should be much easier as it's less demanding than those without any sort of downgrade

Spman2099

I mean, people already play them using the PS4 D-pad which is equally horrible

Now you're being silly.

Personally, I am still hoping that a joycon with a d-pad is going to be announced soon. Unfortunately, hoping isn't expecting. It is too obvious for Nintendo to implement it in a timely fashion. Nintendo will Nintendo.

J@hranimo

Banned
If this happens then I'm getting a Hori Fightpad.

Actually I can see myself getting one regardless :p

Already tweeted Bandai Namco US and Arc System Works!

jdstorm

Banned
Don't expect this for the first year as nintendo is still selling the base concept. Once this Christmas passes, you might see that, but right now, the local anywhere coop is the main selling point, and a "proper" dpad kills that concept. New adopters would be wondering why they're controller isn't the same and complaining.

This.

Personally I'm expecting a the first Dpad Joycon will be a limited edition NES or SNES version that releases with Virtual Console. It makes too much sense.

Are they having a laugh?

Seriously like what's the point in skipping it in the first place then!?

They surely not expected the Switch to have this enormous success when they planned the developing budget for this game, like many other developers too.

Indies can react fast to such market chances, but most bigger developers need more time.

This is the exact same excuse for Soul Calibur 2 HD Online for Wii U... Worst part was that the GCN version with Link sold the most anyways. Namco is low key Capcom/Konami levels of clueless

Top Bottom