• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki is pretty pissed about Lisa's recent change in DOA

Nightbird

11096466_1555482918049154_1467011054454562053_n.jpg

Other comparison Pic from the Thread:
liOt0tn.jpg

The ACCUSATION:

This is a CRIME against the entire world.
IT'S TOTALLY A DISCRIMINATION BY COLOR.

Who on earth is she?
Who the hell forced our beloved Lisa to change her skin color?

Again.
IT'S TOTALLY A DISCRIMINATION BY COLOR.

So yeah, Itagaki has openly written on Facebook how he feels about Lisa having a much lighter skin colour than in previous Games. He even goes that far and calls it discrimination. What do you Guys think about that?

Other quotes by him from the comments:

If they have any love and respect to the characters, I never order anything .
Certainly, Lisa is a virtual woman who is in everyone's mind. But the changing her race, it is blasphemy to humanity. So I'm talking about this matter with you guys.

In addition, there is another matter that I never forgive.
They pointlessly forced the heroines to get old. According to my analysis, the failure of DOAD caused it. Kasumi, Ayane had to get old by their crappy fault.

Morons who don't know the entertainment always bring fatal disaster.
That's why I hate moron developers.

I assure that it's not matter of lighting issue.
This criminal pic was rendered by OBVIOUS DISCRIMINATORY
intention. As u know im pro.

His Post on Facebook

Takao

Banned
she looks like she stopped tanning

I assure that it's not matter of lighting issue.
This criminal pic was rendered by OBVIOUS DISCRIMINATORY
intention. As u know im pro.

this is a good quote
might use it in the future

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
She's my DoA5 main, and...isn't she dark-skinned in game? Certainly more than the pic above.

Desi

I used to play as Lisa and always thought she was black. Now she looks like a totally different character.

He is not wrong and it's actually really great to see a Japanese developer so passionate about race depiction.

White washing is racism.

EDIT: People saying "she just looks tan" need to stop thinking about white/black dichotomies. She could be Pacific Islander. Even East Asian. Or Mexican. The point is she wasn't white and now she is.

Endo Punk

She is not as fair as she appears in that pic but yeah definitely lighter than her DOA4 look. It's worse with Vanessa is VF. I hate when devs do that, dark skin is beautiful damn it!

L Thammy

I thought she was supposed to be hispanic, though that's just going off the lucha libre. The earlier picture seems about right to me.

Race? I was pretty sure she was just a gangoru girl.

She's listed as an American, so being ganguro would be kind of strange.

Vanessa from Virtua Fighter was also made light-toned in later games, wasn't she? Guess Japan likes their black people less.....black.

As much as I like Itagaki, he should shut up about DOA, I hope Nintendo announce soon DT, this way he can talk about his game.

Savitar

DOAD?

The DS game?!

He's blaming that for this happening?! Sense, that makes none.

Though he is right about the whole color issue itself.

She is not as fair as she appears in that pic but yeah definitely lighter than her DOA4 look. It's worse with Vanessa is VF. I hate when devs do that, dark skin is beautiful damn it!

Now THAT was an egregious change. This.. I'm not seeng it as the same situation. She looks orange/tanned in the first pic (she debuted in DOAX, right?), and the second pic looks like she has a lot of light on her.

Laws00

Light skinned-did did

I liked her the old way. Maybe I didn't notice it went from that to this now

But hey we all can't be Virtual Fighter Vanessa.
vf_vanessa.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I love the new one. I think its more visual attractive but thats just me. Although maybe change her appearance to reflect it but no. Maybe a lighter tone of brown.

Next theyre going to make Jeffery light skinned or maybe Zack lol

Alienous

Dat desperate clinging to relevance.

He's becoming the Tommy Wiseau of gaming, heh, Lisa and all.

At least he has a point here.

Percy

Banned
Wow, even as low as he has sunk these past few years, he is still right up his own arse it seems. The name-calling of his former colleagues especially comes off as pretty pathetic.

But the changing her race, it is blasphemy to humanity.

Oh wow...

Out of interest, did he ever comment on the DOA movie that got made years back?

Azuardo

Bad example image.

It's almost as if Itagaki's diehard fans are looking for the worst possible pic used in the original DOA5 promo images. She is a lot darker in-game, but sure, she has been lightened from her previous appearances.

Bitching about Kasumi getting older? STFU Itagaki.

I play a ton of Doa5 and there is no way while playing you can this of Lisa of anything other than brownskinned.

maybe in cut scenes its different.

I miss the itigaki era of Doa when the image quality was awesome and the stages didnt look like shit.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bad example image.

It's almost as if Itagaki's diehard fans are looking for the worst possible pic used in the original DOA5 promo images. She is a lot darker in-game, but sure, she has been lightened from her previous appearances.

Bitching about Kasumi getting older? STFU Itagaki, you rapist prick.

"They ruined my daughters"

Not creepy at all.

Nightbird

Bad example image.

Bitching about Kasumi getting older? STFU Itagaki, you rapist prick.

I didnt choose that Image, I simply used the one he uploaded.

Docflem

Hmm, I think the reason people just think she has a tan is because other than the darker color the characters face is so generic. I mean the "white" version of her is basically a palette swap and not much else.

I'd also like to point out

Tomonobu Itagaki I have to show you here. It's apparent that real Lisa is Latin.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1563844837230098&type=1&comment_id=1563882233893025&offset=50&total_comments=93&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22}

2MF

Itagaki said:
Morons who don't know the entertainment always bring fatal disaster.
That's why I hate moron developers.

Itagaki said:
As u know im pro.

Gotta love this guy. Also, good to see some people still don't give a shit about looking good in the media :)

Top Bottom