• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Magwik

Banned

Click image to go to their YouTube Channel

Double Toasted is a primarily a movie review based website/podcast/show hosted by Korey Coleman and Martin Thomas, formerly of Spill.com, and have been working out of Austin, Texas and in the business longer than you can probably imagine. Joining them is Korey Goodwin and Patrick Girts for the Movie Review Extravaganza,which is by far their most popular show. You can either catch the clips on their YouTube channel or Soundcloud the day after it airs, or a subscribed can watch it immediately on demand or even live! They are best known for their humorous reviews as well as their interactions with their fans and community, always going above and beyond what you would expect; hell you can even drop by a live show in Austin if you wanted to. For any more information or the rest of their shows, visit DoubleToasted.com.

Instead of listing about a thousand different reviews with different links, here is a nice and simple linked image to a playlist with some of my personal favorite reviews along with ones from our community here.

Tried a few times to talk about this man I loved spoiled as a website and now this has been pretty succesfull for them.
I would love to have the money and have a subscription to their stuff but the YT freebies will have to do for now.

These guys are just the best so funny and so logical about movies.
Just great group having a blast.

Easily my favorite movie reviews on the internet. If you want more lighthearted critics who just have fun talking about all kinds of movies, Double Toasted is perfect for you. They're casual, hilarious, and also make great points.

I also have to recommend The Identical

OP don't forget their history. These guys have been movie critics for over 10 years back when they were doing The Reel Deal on Texas cable access tv and at Spill before it got shut down. These guys are the realest movie critics you'll find and are funny as fuck.

Magwik

Banned
Korey is a goddamn fool, but godbless that man
Martin fucking with Korey is always fun too
OP don't forget their history. These guys have been movie critics for over 10 years back when they were doing The Reel Deal on Texas cable access tv and at Spill before it got shut down. These guys are the realest movie critics you'll find and are funny as fuck.
I actually didn't know this bit of infin
Damn right. I'd recommend paying for the live shows, try em once.
It's definitely worth it, though I wait until the following day to catch the show so I can skip the trivia.

_Isaac

I've loved these guys since the Spill days. I am glad they were able to get this new site up and running because I really enjoy their reviews. Martin and Korey are great although I am sometimes disappointed that Tommy frequently doesn't watch the movie they are reviewing.

I love watching the trailer reactions and getting hyped up for something Korey is catching hype for. It's a little dumb but a lot of fun. Loved that Civil War reaction video.

Loved these guys since I first heard them on Spill years back. They're the only reviewers that always have me dying laughing every time.

Kermode and Mayo still number 1 in my book, 2 hours of absolute gold every Friday. If you've never listened to it before, give it a go - Michael Caine was on the last episode too for fans of his.

lunchtoast

Been following since 2009. Mostly just listen to their reviews now that they're only on soundcloud. Not a big fan of their newer crew shows.

Coolluck

I used to be a fan in the Spill days. But I feel like Korey talks a little too much and I absolutely hate the excessive fan interaction that was going on as late as about 9 months ago when I stopped listening. I listened for Korey and Martin not some random fan and their friend that they include. I'd prefer if they limited it to sections. Plus it sucks that Co-Host ain't around anymore.

brawly

The Spill times were incredible, I still have a ton of their reviews as mp3 files.

Double toasted is also great, especially seeing them in person.

D i Z

I've only been hip to these guys for couple of months, but they've managed to become top of my watch list very quickly.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
GANZA GANZA GANZA!

Korey is indeed a goddamn fool, but he always manages to gather a fun and knowlegable bunch of people over the years. Reel Deal, Spill, and now Double Toasted. All iterations have had consistently great chemistry and insight. Will support them as long as they're around.

I used to be a fan in the Spill days. But I feel like Korey talks a little too much and I absolutely hate the excessive fan interaction that was going on as late as about 9 months ago when I stopped listening. I listened for Korey and Martin not some random fan and their friend that they include. I'd prefer if they limited it to sections. Plus it sucks that Co-Host ain't around anymore.
Korey has said multiple times that he is always looking for young talent to help out with the show and maybe someday takeover. Double Toasted is a business to him and he wants to make sure it lasts for a long time. These guys ain't getting any younger, especially Martin. Goodwin, Tommy, Ray, and Shea bring their own unique personalities to the show.

I laughed my ass off when Martin didn't know what Call of Duty was. I love Martin.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I've been fans since they had Carlyle and Cyrus.

I miss Carlyle and Cyrus sometimes.
Last I heard Carlyle (Robert Cargill) was co-writing the script for Doctor Strange nowadays.

And Cyrus (Chris Cox) was making content on oneofus.net but I haven't followed their stuff in ages.

Been watching these two since Spill days. Korey and Martin make a fun duo. Martin's my favorite though, even if I disagree with his assessments sometimes. He makes a good counter to Korey's foolishness and even better when he starts trolling him. And every once in a while Korey will make him cackle like the Joker for a good 2 minutes, as in their latest "The Boy" review.

It's great hearing them argue sometimes when they disagree on a movie. But it's the best when the both agree that a movie sucks.

I don't watch their other live shows and stuff. I really only watch for those two and their movie reviews and trailer opinions. Much like their Spill days. Although I did listen to Lets Do This cause Cohost was great. Wish he followed them to DoubleToasted.

Top Bottom