• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Wonder Woman Anthology cover by Yoji Shinkawa

Didn't find anything posted yet

Published by PIE comic art, they asked yoji shinkawa (the artist behind metal gear solid) to draw the cover for the japanese release, and it's amazing!

it will come out june 23 for the price of 3000 yen

yoji-shinkawa-wonder-woman-anthology-pie-comics-art-couverture.jpg

i hesitate to buy it, this looks so good

jett

D-Member
Shinkawa has a serious case of sameface when it comes to drawing female characters, it seems.

Loxley

Shinkawa has a serious case of sameface when it comes to drawing female characters, it seems.

It's unfortunate how many otherwise extremely talented artists fall victim to this. Jim Lee being one of the bigger examples I can think of.

duckroll

I think it's awful tbh. I love his art and his original designs, but that's just one lazy take on Diana. It's just the same Meryl style design he has always drawn, with a sword, and there is barely any attempt to make armor look good rather than just being detailed filled into the skinny body frame. One of his lamer guest efforts.

NateDog

I love his style but yeah I don't dig this, looks way too similar to characters we've seen before, her entire body and face looks too narrow.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
One of his worst. Face is incredibly flat and feels pasted on in an almost meme like way.

Hastati

this is great!!!

after seeing WW she's become the coolest modern superhero in my book, this art captures her badass elegance.

Top Bottom