• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just had my neighbor try to knock down my door and threaten to kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't move. Don't buy a gun. If you fear for your safety ask the judge for a restraining order. He violates that and he'll be in more serious trouble. I mean, eventually he'll just leave you alone after putting him through all that.

Or murder you.

reggie

Banned
Don't move. Don't buy a gun. If you fear for your safety ask the judge for a restraining order. He violates that and he'll be in more serious trouble. I mean, eventually he'll just leave you alone after putting him through all that.

Or murder you.

Planning too. Will take it one step at a time. Tomorrow is court (or maybe next week, not sure yet) so we will see what happens.

I would have shat my pants if I were in that situation.

Also, your cops sound like cleaning ladies.

Edit: For some reason, I'm reading everything in an australian accent since I saw the vid o_O

I can't understand - is he calling you a Macedonian King? Or is he identifying himself as such?

The cop sounds like a stupid mole - sounded like a bigger bogan than Captain Psychosis, although she did cop a beating in your defence in the end so I can't be too critical. Perhaps she should identify herself after banging on a door after you reported someone banging on the door in a threatening manner.

I hope there are no reprisals.

She took a beating but it sounds like they just should have believed reggie in the first place. I bet this dude has a record, that sounded like someone who has been in the pen a couple times.

Fuck that voice reminds me of Begbie on Trainspotting.

bastbegbie.jpg

Glad your ok reggie.

Michan

Don't buy a gun, but move. If you fear for your safety, consider moving to a different city. He finds you and I'll be impressed. I mean, eventually he'll come to terms with having put you through that.

And murder you, if you haven't moved

dejay

Banned
At least you have evidence now so if he breaks into your house you can stick a knife in his heart and justify it as self defence, because you're in genuine fear for your safety. Of course don't mention that you plan to do so in this thread. Be careful about what you say and who you say it to before any court hearing. And seeking an AVO isn't a bad idea either (edit: I see you've thought of that).

He said a few other things I didn't understand.
"Come and talk to me like a fucking person ... things."

At the 0:58 mark:

"You haven't got balls like the Macedonian's fucking king have ya dog ... the Macedonian king ya fucking dog..."

I'd have been arming myself instead of filming.

Turns out filming was ultimately his best form of defence.

smurfx

get some go again
some months back this one dude came knocking on my door and told me he wanted to join the party. i just closed the door in his face. he then went behind my house and i told him to get the fuck out and he did.

Yagharek

What a shit cop. "come out or stop calling us".

Sounds like the only way you were going to get any peace was by that guy laying into one of them.

That was frightening and the fact that the cops were such shit is even more upsetting. Do you live in a bad area, or are all the cops that crappy?

Or murder you.

Lmao. You realize a restraining order does nothing if/when someone actually wants to hurt you, right? Crazy people don't give a shit about a piece of paper.

Yagharek

Lmao. You realize a restraining order does nothing if/when someone actually wants to hurt you, right? Crazy people don't give a shit about a piece of paper.

It might make these cops arrive within a few days if you call them and tell them you have an AVO out on the attacker.

GavinGT

Banned
some months back this one dude came knocking on my door and told me he wanted to join the party. i just closed the door in his face. he then went behind my house and i told him to get the fuck out and he did.

You'll never assemble a full squad to fight the Reapers with that attitude. And you can forget about their loyalty altogether.

It might make these cops arrive within a few days if you call them and tell them you have an AVO out on the attacker.

Not the point: Someone wants to hurt you badly enough, there's a good chance they'll get in. Police can respond in as little as 3 minutes or as long as 30-60 minutes. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a weapon and a plan for self-defense rather than rely on and hope that the police in his area will provide extra protection due to a court order, just in case this guy does come back.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Love the cops giving you shit while on camera. They must have had to swallow a metric ton of humble-pie when they saw the video preceding their sass, and then even more when he kicked off and fucked up an officer. TO PROTECT AND SERVE.

Yagharek

Not the point: Someone wants to hurt you badly enough, there's a good chance they'll get in. Police can respond in as little as 3 minutes or as long as 30-60 minutes. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a weapon and a plan for self-defense rather than rely on and hope that the police in his area will provide extra protection due to a court order, just in case this guy does come back.

You missed my badly worded joke. I was saying that if he had an AVO out, then next time the cops would be "quick to respond" and might get there in a few days instead.

I get what you're saying though - I was just being sarcastic because the cops in this case were to put it bluntly - completely incompetent. I'd be lodging a complaint formally after this is over and done with and you are moved out and into a safer suburb.

Yoshiya

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more in a nation of convicts and degenerates like Australia. We shouldn't tolerate the insult to democracy and liberal values that is that island of criminal giant spiders and alcoholic racists.

Gillard 2012.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Dude sounds exactly like these two drunk guys I called the cops on that showed up outside my apartment window one morning. He's definitely drunk or on something. Scary shit though, good on you for buying a knife. Knowing he's your neighbor and was specifically targeting you though, I sure as hell wouldn't still be living there when he gets out.

ya CUNT

That looked scary as shit, OP. Cops are such fuckin' useless gimps, hey? Where are you anyway, Queensland? Even the female cop sounded super bogan

Rezbit

Holy shit man. Fucking schizo as. I mean the whole repetition thing...GET UP YA CUNT. GET UP YA CUNT. Move dude. Seriously.

Restraining orders aren't that difficult to get. He's going to court anyways so he could file the paperwork while he's there. It does take time, however, and an extra court date usually with both parties present. Temporary restraining orders could probably be put into effect right there after paper work is done though. OP really has nothing to lose by getting one. If the neighbor has any sense left in him, the piece of paper will do its job. If he doesnt have any sense left in him (likely) then OP gets killed in his sleep by neighbor. Restraining order didn't do it's job but it wasn't a huge hoop to jump through to get anyways.

I don't think he really wanted to hurt the OP anyways. A door will not stop a madman who wants to kill you. He could have easily broke it down if he wanted to. I just think its a little early to start talking about buying guns. Go to court and see what the reason for all this was.

Guy is going to jail for a bit anyways if he resisted arrest and made the female officer all scratched up like OP said. How many charges is that? Disturbing the peace, resisting arrest, assault on an officer, uttering death threats (did he?), trespassing (probably not?), etc. Charges can add up quick if they really want to stick it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom