• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

FINALBOSS

Banned
Take note of the navigation bar to the top left-corner under the XBOX logo

YHsQ84j.png

Quickly reverted back to the original website after a refresh.

Trike

Thank god you were able to take a screenshot of part of the website.

I am also assuming that it is just the new(ish) dashboard.

Edit: Man I'm dumb.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Don't tell me that rumor that the new Xbox would actually be called "The New Xbox" is true.... : /

10 Bold Xbox Predictions for 2013
  • 1. State of Decay and LocoCycle will be the stars of this year’s Summer of Arcade.
  • 2. Shadow Complex 2 will finally be announced…as an Xbox Live Arcade launch title on the next-generation Xbox.
  • 3. Said next-generation Xbox will be publicly announced at a special event one month or less prior to E3 in June. It will be broadcast live on Xbox Live and the Internet.
  • 4. Microsoft will take a page from the Apple playbook and officially call the next-gen Xbox simply “Xbox.” Not Xbox 720, not Xbox Infinity, not anything else. We’ll casually refer to it as “The New Xbox” for a while until it’s not new anymore.
  • 5. The New Xbox (see, we’re doing it already!) will cost $400 in its most popular/gamer-friendly configuration. Not a penny more. A basic, smaller-storage version will run you $350.
  • 6. The New Xbox will be released in November and kick serious ass on both the tech bench and at retail store registers.
  • 7. Bungie’s new game Destiny will be the headliner at Microsoft’s E3 press conference and be the flagship title for The New Xbox – though it will also release for Xbox 360.
  • 8. Both the Xbox 360 and New Xbox versions of Destiny will be cross-compatible. It’s all the same Xbox Live, after all…
  • 9. Meanwhile, Alan Wake 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 will be two of Microsoft’s biggest first-party (read: exclusive) launch titles for The New Xbox.
  • 10. Harmonix will have a big new thing for Kinect 2.0 ready to go at The New Xbox’s launch.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The new Xbox is the old Xbox. That is genius and will save them a lot of money in manufacturing costs. We have all been Durango'd.

Karak

Hahahahaha. Oh man. The old XBOX though. So ya. An app.
I would NEVER put it passed MS to do that on purpose either(make it look like a bug) to keep discussion high.

MormaPope

Banned
I'd bet on Microsoft doing one last huge push at showcasing apps and features for the 360. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Hypron

I don't think this has anything to do with a new xbox, you can clearly see that the console besides the TV is a black xbox 360 slim...

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Oh gosh, the rumors are true: they are actually using that ugly logo for the new Xbox.

Uhh... that just looks like a dashboard update of some sort. I wouldn't be surprised if the tab was just placeholder (the new xbox experience).

Top Bottom