• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Strider game? (XBLA/Steam Leak)

Salsa

from xbla thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46805029&postcount=1552

boxartlg.jpg

banner.png

also an entry on the Steam database for a Strider achievement:

http://devinwatson.com/SteamSchema/222920.html

b6cd3f03b1ab684e5c10cadd645865970f1fc0f1.jpg

#happening

ezekial45

Banned
I'm wondering if this is a remake. How's making it?

Anyway, this is likely the game we'll see at Pax East, along with the D&D re-releases.

Capcom is kicking ass again. I knew they could do it.

brought to you by Ninja Theory

Sounds good to me.

Salsa

keep in mind that the boxart format and all indicates XBLA

this is probably a $15 HD remake or "Rearmed" new version of Strider

wich honestly the latter is totally what I want

ezekial45

Banned
I'm trying to deduce who's making the game from the pics so far. I really want to say that it's gonna be a mix of 2D and 3D visuals. Sorta like how Contra Hard Corps. I have to say, Arc System Works would be natural for a Strider game.

hope its a remake of the NES version

I would actually be down for this. The NES version, while completely different than the original Strider, was pretty interesting and fun. Strider is a great arcade game for its time and it looked amazing on Genesis, but it was kind of shallow and short. It's kind of like playing any of the old classic beat-em-ups on XBLA. It's just not as fun when you have infinite continues or you are not playing in the arcade.

duckroll

keep in mind that the boxart format and all indicates XBLA

this is probably a $15 HD remake or "Rearmed" new version of Strider

wich honestly the latter is totally what I want

Yeah I think we ALL want something like the latter, in a good way. It would be really awesome. Hopehopehopehopehope.

I'm bummed both things got spoiled ahead of time, possibly. I, however, am so pumped for both games if they are the secrets being revealed at the PAX panel

gryz

Banned
I would actually be down for this. The NES version, while completely different than the original Strider, was pretty interesting and fun. Strider is a great arcade game for its time and it looked amazing on Genesis, but it was kind of shallow and short. It's kind of like playing any of the old classic beat-em-ups on XBLA. It's just not as fun when you have infinite continues or you are not playing in the arcade.

I only ever played the NES version which i picked out at random based on the box art, so the "real" arcade version always seemed weird to me.

So I guess Capcom's PAX East lineup has been leaked out. Good thing they cancelled their Captivate event, all that wasted money due to leaks.

Salsa

Yeah I think we ALL want something like the latter, in a good way. It would be really awesome. Hopehopehopehopehope.

just clarifying because between some of the posts here and Capcom's recent trend of giving out IPs for western reboots I wouldnt be surprised if they pulled a gritty Strider out of their sleeves, lol

If this ends up being a HD port, then I suggest you all go out and play Moon Diver instead. It's basically multiplayer Strider/Cannon Dancer

duckroll

just clarifying because between some of the posts here and Capcom's recent trend of giving out IPs for western reboots I wouldnt be surprised if they pulled a gritty Strider out of their sleeves, lol

Capcom can waste 10-20 million dollars making a shitty reboot with any western studio if it means we also get a great retro remake along with it, Rearmed style. :)

abadguy

Banned
Couldn't stand the NES version. Genesis/Arcade version all the way. Had one of the best soundtracks i ever heard in a game at the time.

J-Tier

I'd welcome a strider 2d made by ninja theory too, I know it was a joke to knock against them, but there's no doubt they have the talent.

Anyways...HELL YES! New Strider!

FloatOn

If this actually materializes into something great it could give me the smallest bit of home for a Ghouls and Ghosts reboot.

I've been wanting another action game in the vein of Strider 2 for years. One of the best controlling games I've ever played, and I love it's set-piece driven pacing.

Please be the Rearmed of this franchise

Top Bottom