• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the other thread locked, and I thought someone had done something VERY wrong. I did not think we were anywhere near 20,000 post yet!

Brad said BotW is one of the greatest games he's ever played. Same with Dan

That was before he found out how repetitive it was
This may or may not be true
. Also, HZD actually has a story

:p

Alex is stanning for Nier. Vinny I have no clue honestly. He seems to be in the same position on Botw as jeff.

Vinny will lean HZD and Alex will follow Papa.

Crazy how its already locked up, right?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Like I've said.

Where the fuck were you switch owners at when the Vita needed your help. >:|

the only difference between a switch and a vita is zelda. that's literally all it is. switch ain't shit, but a hoe and trick.

Alright, so I'm only a few hours into Nier Automata, but I can't remember the last time I've played a game that so immediately asserts itself as something special. Like, this thing is hitting every single weird thing that I love in games. I feel like I just need to go completely dark until I finish it.

Also: Holy shit hadn't yet seen the thread title's video :lol :lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, so I'm only a few hours into Nier Automata, but I can't remember the last time I've played a game that so immediately asserts itself as something special. Like, this thing is hitting every single weird thing that I love in games. I feel like I just need to go completely dark until I finish it.

Also: Holy shit hadn't yet seen the thread title's video :lol :lol

Take it from someone who loves the game.

When I finished the first playthrough I went "huh, that's neat, though if that's it I don't see where all the praise is coming from".

2nd one is mostly the same but I enjoyed digesting the world in this playthrough. It's fairly divisive though.

As for the rest of the game, I'll let you play and judge for yourself.

LowRoller

Take it from someone who loves the game.

When I finished the first playthrough I went "huh, that's neat, though if that's it I don't see where all the praise is coming from".

2nd one is mostly the same but I enjoyed digesting the world in this playthrough. It's fairly divisive though.

As for the rest of the game, I'll let you play and judge for yourself.

This makes me want to pick it back up. I finished the first playthrough and didn't feel like playing it again.

Does someone remember which UPF was the one where Jeff was looking into the Switch with his japanese account and they saw the puppet mario show?

Tubobutts

If it's not a shoe in brad will make it so.
2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

J_Viper

8. Above the two games that have a single guy who's in love with it

8) Yakuza 0
9) Destiny 2
10) Nier Automata

If history is anything to go by Shadow of War is a shoe in for GOTY.

Nah, it's not 2014 anymore, there are actual good games out.

If it's not a shoe in brad will make it so.
God damn

This makes me want to pick it back up. I finished the first playthrough and didn't feel like playing it again.
Then you're gonna loathe play-through 2 lol

erawsd

First playthrough is essentially the first chapter.

Yeah, calling them playthroughs almost feels like it does the game a disservice since finishing Route A is maybe 40% of the game's content and it basically only teases the wider narrative and themes.

Then you're gonna loathe play-through 2 lol

Eh, might depend on how into the story you are. Personally, I ended up enjoying Route B more just because it didnt take half as long to get through and it had more interesting story beats.

daveo42

Banned
Oh hey, new thread.

Another ending in Steins;Gate 0 down. Me right now:
8qZpe.gif

The pieces are coming together! Kyouma is back baby! D-RINE sent to the past!

hamchan

Basically Nier Automata feels like the first game I've played in a long time that has tried to say something meaningful while actually succeeding at it and at being a fun game too.

Also allaying Injustice 2. I now need every fighting game to come with loot and levels. It worked in DBZ Budokai 3 and it works for Injustice 2. I can play this for many hours just for the number chasing.

ryseing

The Vita isn't a good device. We've been over this.

The Vita has one of the best shooters of the past decade as an exclusive, along with the superior version of Tearaway. Portable Hotline Miami changed my life.

So Vita is alright in my book.

daveo42

Banned
Oh god it's been too long.

I can't remember what part you're at. :p

Finished the path that unlocks the true ending. The path that started with
meeting back up with Kurisu in the alpha world line, then trying to overwrite Kurisu's memories in Kagari, then going to 2036, then back to 2011 to stop Reyes, save Kagari, destroy Amadeus, and then send a text back to Okabe on 12/15 to set the future on the path to the true end of the original Steins;Gate.

Question:
how did he actually travel back to 2011 from 2036 if he was held captive by Stratfor sometime between 2011 and 2025? He wouldn't have access to PhoneWave to make the leap every 48 hours all the way back to 2011. Also, the 3000 leaps seems awful low unless he could effectively skip a whole large chunk of years during his trip if he was only moving back wards 2 days at a time. Unless I really suck at math, he could cover 6000~ days and that would get him a little less than 16.5 years, or back to 2025.
I must be missing something here.

Antiwhippy

Finished the path that unlocks the true ending. The path that started with
meeting back up with Kurisu in the alpha world line, then trying to overwrite Kurisu's memories in Kagari, then going to 2036, then back to 2011 to stop Reyes, save Kagari, destroy Amadeus, and then send a text back to Okabe on 12/15 to set the future on the path to the true end of the original Steins;Gate.

Question:
how did he actually travel back to 2011 from 2036 if he was held captive by Stratfor sometime between 2011 and 2025? He wouldn't have access to PhoneWave to make the leap every 48 hours all the way back to 2011. Also, the 3000 leaps seems awful low unless he could effectively skip a whole large chunk of years during his trip if he was only moving back wards 2 days at a time. Unless I really suck at math, he could cover 6000~ days and that would get him a little less than 16.5 years, or back to 2025.
I must be missing something here.

Gah, I feel like it'll be easier if you told me which endings you got so far. :p

daveo42

Banned
Gah, I feel like it'll be easier if you told me which endings you got so far. :p

Maybe you finished the game in a different world line? :p

Twin Automata -
Maho's ending
Promised Rinascimento
- Path to True End (the one I just got btw)

Working on another one before heading down the true ending path.

Antiwhippy

Wait, I thought that you have to get all endings in order to unlock true end?

I mean the stuff you said I can recollect but yeah.

I need to replay the whole series from the start.

daveo42

Banned
Wait, I thought that you have to get all endings in order to unlock true end?

I mean the stuff you said I can recollect but yeah.

I need to replay the whole series from the start.

I unlocked the path but now I need to go down it. I still have probably another 15 hours or more to go. Never know how long each end takes to reach. And I think all you need is one specific get to the true end. There are what appears to be three optional ones, like the ones in the original Steins;Gate that you didn't need to see the true end.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I think I might be confused as to where you are because I made sure to see everything before going true end.

daveo42

Banned
I'll probably create a LTTP thread once I finish since it seems like the game's OT is supa dead and I'll probably still have questions and will want to gush to someone about it.

AngryMoth

Just thinking to myself, this gen started out really slow but goddam has it been good these last few years. I can already pick a top 10 I'd easily take over my one from last gen. This year especially feels like we are just getting one great game after another. Gonna get a switch when I get back from travelling I decided to play Zelda, just to add to that sentiment even more.

Antiwhippy

Just thinking to myself, this gen started out really slow but goddam has it been good these last few years. I can already pick a top 10 I'd easily take over my one from last gen. This year especially feels like we are just getting one great game after another. Gonna get a switch when I get back from travelling I decided to play Zelda, just to add to that sentiment even more.

It's the best time to be playing videogames.

Or so I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom