• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizo Ryuu

3TnZ0Gm.gif

iYNdfRh.png

INDEX
-State of the game
-News
-Info
-Editions
-Sticks
-Pads
-V-System
-Characters
-DLC (types and pricing)
-Screens
-FAQ (FM guide and frame data)
lLjN1bm.png

Since its release on the 16th of february, the game has been updated with a number things:
  • Direct Input controller support
  • Background Music Select
  • Updated Rage Quit System > Anytime a player disconnects during a match, their League Points will be deducted as if it was a loss.
  • VS. CPU
  • 7 extra playable characters
  • A free cinematic story mode
  • Free Chun-Li and Ryu Story costumes
  • Survival no longer quits on disconnect, and will prompt relog in on completion for FM.
  • Challenge mode:
    • Demonstrations
    • Combo Trials
    • Daily (weekly) Targets for 100-5000 FM
  • Stage transitions for all default stages
  • Improved matchmaking for matching with similar skill
  • Online rematch, 2 out of 3
  • 8 Player lobbies
  • 8f is now 6.5f
Also capcom has been adding cool little profiles on the CFN website, you can find them all in this handy list
Jan 21 - Street Fighter V wins Best Fighting Game of 2016 (NeoGAF)
Dec 2 - Street Fighter V wins Best Fighting Game of 2016 (The Game Awards)

PRhS4ki.png

bz6TbUE.png

NEW AND RETURNING CHARACTERS
Birdie and Charlie Nash make their long-awaited return to the Street Fighter universe, where they join newcomer Necalli and classic characters like Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Vega and M. Bison. Many more new and returning characters will be added to the diverse roster, offering a wide variety of fighting styles for players to choose from.
NEW STRATEGIES AND BATTLE MECHANICS
Highly accessible new battle mechanics, which revolve around the V-Gauge and EX Gauge, provide an unprecedented layer of strategy and depth to the franchise that all players can enjoy.
V-Trigger: Unique abilities that use the entire V-Gauge, giving players the opportunity to inflict damage when activated.
V-Skill: Utility skills (such as evasion) for each character that can be activated at any time.
V-Reversal: Unique counterattacks that use one stock of the V-Gauge.
Critical Arts: Ultimate attacks that use the entire EX Gauge.
PS4 AND PC CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY
For the first time in franchise history, the online community will be unified into a single player pool, allowing for even more rivalries to be born.
NEXT GEN VISUALS
Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the realism and next-gen visuals to new heights, making this latest entry the best looking and most immersive Street Fighter game of all time.

RJn7EDu.png

• PlayStation 4 Physical Standard Edition - £44.49 / $59.99 / 59,99€ (msrp)
  • PlayStation 4 Digital Standard Edition - £34.99 / $59.99 / 39,99€
  • PlayStation 4 Deluxe Edition (includes 2016 & 2017 Character Passes) - £54.99 / $79.99 / 59.99€
  • PlayStation 4 Season 1 Character Pass - £24.99 / $29.99 / 29.99€
    -This includes 6 Characters, 6 Costumes, a Theme and a Stage
  • PlayStation 4 Season 2 Character Pass - £24.99 / $29.99 / 29.99€
    -This includes 6 Characters, 6 Costumes and a Theme
  • Steam Physical Standard Edition - £44.49 / 59,99€ (msrp)
  • Steam Standard Edition - £44.99 / $59.99 / 59,99€
  • Steam Deluxe Edition (includes 2016 & 2017 Character Passes) - £62.99 / $79.99 / 79.99€
  • Steam Season 1 Character Pass - £15.99 / $19.99 / 19.99€
    -This includes 6 Characters, 6 Costumes and a Stage
  • Steam Season 2 Character Pass - £24.99 / $29.99 / 29.99€
    -This includes 6 Characters and 6 Costumes

S0VTp7T.png

*All PS3 sticks are compatible with PS4 - but a DualShock 4 is required to connect them*
WRAcBUl.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2+ for PS4 & PS3 - $229.99
  • Extremely Accurate and Durable Sanwa Denshi Parts
  • 8-Button, Vewlix-Style Arcade Layout
  • Chassis Hinges Open for Easy Modding
  • Ball-Top Lever Operates as Left or Right Analog Stick
  • L3 and R3 Buttons for Extra In-Game Control
  • Total Control in Touchpad-Compatible PS4 Games
  • For PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 Systems
oULQDZg.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 Chun-Li for PS4 & PS3 - $229.99
  • ]Extremely Accurate and Durable Sanwa Denshi Parts
  • Chassis Hinges Open for Easy Modding
lOloA2e.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S+ for PS4 & PS3 - $199.99
  • Extremely Accurate and Durable Sanwa Denshi Parts
  • L3 and R3 Buttons for Extra In-Game Control
PIYU7vN.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Alpha for PS4 & PS3 - $79.99
  • Compact Design is Small in Size but Big on Features
  • Properly Scaled 6-Button Layout Simulates True Arcade Conditions
  • Ball-Top Lever Functions as Left or Right Analog Stick or D-Pad to Play Games from other Genres
  • Extensive 9.8ft (3m) USB Cable Minimizes Latency
9K2jcfg.png
Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai - $149.99
  • Officially Licensed by Sony
  • Compatible with PS4, PS3, and PC (XInput)
  • Touch Panel, Turbo function, Button Configuration Mode, and PS4/PS3/PC System Toggle Switchh
  • Redesigned chassis and increased space between and below stick and buttons
  • Uses HORI original HAYABUSA stick lever and new HAYABUSA buttons
B9TttZ2.png
Hori Real Arcade Pro VLX - $299.99
  • Officially licensed by SCEA and Taito
  • Perfect replica of the Japanese VEWLIX arcade cabinet
  • Featuring HORI original HAYABUSA stick lever and KURO buttons, touch pad, and program functions
  • Easily open top panel for maintenance and internal access.

4mRlnAs.png

O2m8MeB.png
Street Fighter V FightPad Pro for PS4 & PS3 - $47.99
  • 6-Button Arcade Layout and Iconic Vewlix-Style Design
  • Fighting-Style D-Pad for Precision Character Movement and Combos
  • Multi-Use Stick Functions as Left or Right Analog Stick
  • Utility Switch Rearranges Operation of Triggers and Shoulder Buttons
GyDyEro.png
Hori Fighting Commander - $39.99
  • Officially Licensed by Sony
  • Designed for 2D fighting games with 6-button layout
  • Compatible with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC (via Input)
  • R/L toggle switch and Turbo functions
  • Wired controller for instant response

0XX2BQG.png

yTamD6l.png

This is the V-Gauge; it's found in the bottom corner of your characters' side of the screen. V-Gauges can contain either two or three bars, depending on the characters. Your V-Gauge fills up mostly by taking damage, and bars are required to use a V-Reversal move (one bar) or V-Trigger (all bars). V-Skill does not require any bars.
9MmKydK.png
LiLqN0z.gif

V-Skills are unique to each character and can be used at any time, fills the V-Gauge on "succesful" use. Activated by pressing mp + mk at the same time.
EAo0kYj.png
tzg06Uz.gif

When one or more of your V-Gauge bars is filled, you can use a V-Reversal. V-Reversals are counter attacks to break out of your opponent's pressure, and costs 1 bar of your V-Gauge. Activated during guard by pressing forward + lp+mp+hp or lk+mk+hk at the same time.
RnQGNrP.png
nNZSi4I.gif

When your V-Gauge is completely full, you can use your V-Trigger. V-Triggers are character specific; some drain the V-Gauge slowly, while others deplete it as soon as the move is used. Activated by pressing hp + hk at the same time.

ifz4dx6.png

A TOTAL OF 23 CHARACTERS ARE CURRENTLY PLAYABLE
zjbV7gd.jpg

CdZRReD.jpg

Kt88htA.jpg

More details on CFN website

oupXan0.png

There's 2 types of "dlc" in SFV
Unlockable content (FM and real money) and Premium content (real money only)
Unlockable content

• Characters - 100k FM / $5.99 / €5.99
  • Story Costumes - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
  • Colours
    • Colours 11-15 - These range between 2k-20k FM
    • All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
    • All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 85k FM / $4.99 / €4.99
    • All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
    • Season pass grants all the below colours as well
    • All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99
  • Stages
    • Alt stages - 40k FM / $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29
    • New stages - 70k FM / $3.99 / €3.99
  • Titles - 5k FM
  • Profile designs - 5k FM

Premium content
Premium costumes come with all the colours
  • Costumes - $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29
  • All premium costumes starting with the swimsuits have an alternate version that can be accessed by holding:
  • lp + mp + hp + lk + up, during loading, this can also be done during rounds.

What content is a part of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC?
When you purchase any of the content below you will be supporting the Capcom Pro Tour and boosting the Capcom Cup prize pool. These items can be found within the in-game store in Street Fighter V.
These have been removed on November 29th along with the Halloween DLC - the prizepool for Capcom Cup was raised with $150k
  • Capcom Pro Tour Costumes - $5.99 / €5.99
  • Capcom Pro Tour Stage - $9.99 / €9.99
  • Capcom Pro Tour Bundle (PS4 only, includes extra colours and titles) - $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99

d3Rueo6.png

*3200x1800

DQUEnM0.png

Q: Still no arcade mode?!
A: Arcade mode has been rumoured to be added soon, at least if the datamine is to be trusted, along with the "extra battle" mode.
Q: Super Street Fighter V?
A: If another version of SF5 would be released, it would just be a repacked version with Season 1 content, the game's update model is structured as such that all balance updates are free, so the playerbase will never be fragmented.
Q: So nothing about the Season 2 roster yet?
A: Aside from the released Akuma, and confirmed Kolin/Helen, not yet, fan favourites like Sagat remain highly requested. The following characters have shown up in the story and could possibly show up in Season 2, however the character pass 2017 does note Completely New characters:
Q: What percentage of the Capcom Pro Tour DLC revenue is going to the Capcom Cup 2016 prize pool?
A: A minimum of 30% of the revenue will go to the Capcom Cup 2016 prize pool, and an additional 50% of the revenue is invested into Capcom Pro Tour production. That means that Capcom contributes more than 80% of all CPT DLC revenue directly to support Capcom Pro Tour initiatives.
Q: Where can I go to find all that juicy frame data?
A: FATonline is a good place to start.
Q: How can I get Fight Money?
A: Fight Money is only available if you are connected to the server; if you are playing Street Fighter V in offline mode, you will not earn any Fight Money, even when you log back in after the fact. You can earn Fight Money through the following activities:
Q: Why can't I chip people out?
A: Chip damage can only KO an opponent if it is chip damage from a Critical Art.
Q: What is the priority system?
A: Supers > Specials = Heavy > Medium > Light.
Q: Can you crouch-tech throws?
A: No, to tech a throw you must be standing up
Q: Wait, so how does crossplay work?
A: The game has its own matchmaking system called "Capcom Fighters Network" or CFN for short, this allows people to match even if they are on Steam or PSN
Q: Is SFV forgotten?
A: ...
Q: Why is online so laggy?!
A: Please don't play online if you are on Wi-Fi, likewise you might be getting matched with Wi-Fi connections. Also there are a bunch of ports required for proper communictation:
TCP: 80, 443, 20002, 30840, 30850, 30870
UDP: 30840-30859, 30870-30879
Q: Help! My game crashed during updating and now just keeps crashing.
A: Try what user Demoli posted
Q: I saw an almost naked Urien, how?!
A: Hold "jab(lp)+ forward(mk)+ fierce(hp)" during loading up until you see the new animation

EvF0Z5k.gif

qyt1HWi.png

• FluxWaveZ,
    • Canada: CFN FluxwaveZ - R. Mika super diamond v-league
  • Omnistalgic,
    • USA: CFN ElisJah or Omnicloud - Ken diamond v-league
  • Moaradin,
  • CSR,
    • Greece: CFN Ca55hern - Nash super platinum v-league
  • Shadow_Lord,
    • USA: CFN bar_bar012 - Akuma super platinum v-league
  • vulva,
    • USA: CFN vulvaps4 - Chun-Li super platinum v-league
  • lucebuce12,
    • Pakistan: CFN lucebuce - F.A.N.G super platinum v-league
  • Sigmaah,
    • USA: CFN Sigmaah - Vega super platinum v-league
  • DoubleTake,
    • USA: CFN DoubleDeazy - Urien super platinum v-league
  • killu4what,
    • USA: CFN Killu4what - M. Bison super platinum v-league
  • ShaperofStories,
    • USA: CFN ShaperofStories - Urien super platinum v-league
  • Producer,
    • USA: CFN 765production - Chun-Li platinum
  • Gipsy Danger,
    • UK: CFN Launchpad-McRoss - Karin platinum v-league
  • LakeEarth,
    • Canada: CFN LakeEarth - Urien platinum v-league
  • GuileBootCamp,
    • USA: CFN GuileBootCamp - Guile platinum v-league
  • SephLuis,
    • Brazil: CFN SephLuis - Chun-Li platinum v-league

OT6 Wall of shame
2c554edb3c.png

Wooo, made it on the wall.

EDIT:
I guess t-bagging is in fashion now. Just had a birdie t-bag several rounds in a row.
Good matches, though, and all it does it make me laugh at the person doing it.

MrCarter

Great OT as always and that gif at the start is awesome. Let's hope this thread is filled with more good news regarding the game!

Ucchedavāda;229319070 said:
Wooo, made it on the wall.

EDIT:
I guess t-bagging is in fashion now. Just had a birdie t-bag several rounds in a row.
Good matches, though, and all it does it make me laugh at the person doing it.

The KI ban got people teabagging left and right
or up and down ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

New OT, old haters :)

RK9039

Ultra Gold with Nash, finally. Time to build a wall around myself and figure out just what the hell is going on.

New002

Sweeet my title made it lol. Baller OP :D

One day I'll be a high enough rank/skilled enough to join the player list...ONE DAY!

Can someone explain to me exactly why Bison is such a bad match up for Nash? It's gotta be like 7-3 Bison. I can't beat him for anything, most of the time. I look on the random replays of Nash vs. Bison and it's Bison all day. I look at v-league stats for pros and they have major trouble against Bison.

Nash clearly has trouble against Bison but I just can't put my finger on exactly why.

Shackzam

I got on that eventhubs results list with the sf5 team tourney at frosty faustings. Every team had a Laura on it. It was the most annoying shit to deal with lol.

Didn't see there was a new thread just putting what I posted in the old thread in here.

My 15min training room Urien felt so good, even when i lost it was from my own mistakes, I play Alex get my buttons beaten with Ease, Fierce Punch Floe Chart Spam works..

Capcom is really committed to communicating with us this time around.

We are going to hear from them at least six times this year!!!

How is this any fucking different than last year?

Haha, that does put that promise in perspective.
For comparison, this was what we were promised last year:

Moving forward we will work to communicate information surrounding content releases in #SFV at a much more rapid pace.
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/737720297491570688

ElFly

made the wall of shame?

doesn't feel like I post here that much

nerf everyone but gief

giphy.gif

Why is it that every character that I like who isn't Nash bad?

alex is weird in that he has a ton of fun tools but capcom never allows them to be good

meanwhile Urien has a lot of tools too but they are all good -well, maybe not the knee dive- and hey turns out he is one of the best in the game

u tried balancing this game, capcom

The original leak for KOF arcade version included SFV. KOF is having a loketest or something? So SFV might be on the way in arcades. 🤔🤔🤔

Neoxon

The original leak for KOF arcade version included SFV. KOF is having a loketest or something? So SFV might be on the way in arcades. 🤔🤔🤔
It was already confirmed, albeit a modified version of the PC release meant for Arcade use.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what it would look like, but Japanese arcade versions aren't all that simple usually.

Things like loading times, clipping etc could probably be addressed since that should be similar.

it's not loading times as much as server times

No, the servers appear to be a relatively small part of it. For example, just the VS screen appears to add about 15 seconds of waiting time on the PS4, even when there is no information to retrieve (a 50% increase when going from an online match to training mode vs going to survival mode). And even when you are offline, the time from the main menu to training mode is still something like 50% longer than in USFIV (when comparing both on my PC).

And then there is stuff like having two screens for EXP and LP changes after ranked matches, which adds additional wait time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom